Page 59 of 415 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 59

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    15 Days 11 Hours 26 Minutes

Food
    2:30 – 2 egg, zucchini, mushroom, goat cheese omelet, 4 small pieces of dark chocolate
    D – Left over Butter Chicken, pork chops, cauliflower

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

No candy, no wine

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF
    L3 Pushup – 10, 10,
    L2 Pullup – 8, 8, 8

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 12:00 am but I couldn’t shut my mind off. I finally fell asleep about 1.
    I woke up at 8, and again at 9 and finally at 10

Vit D & other stuff

Laundry, search for snorkeling gear, dig up summer clothes, more laundry...

I was gonna IF till supper, but at 2:30 I was really hungry and thinking about chocolate…so I made a two egg omelet.
    It helped, but I still wanted chocolate

I ate a 125g package of Blueberry & Cranberry Dark Chocolate Clusters…

I didn’t get any de-cluttering done today…

My 82 year old Mother in Law fell and broke her left shoulder yesterday. She was feeding the birds, the plastic bag blew away, and she went after it and fell. The ball at the end of her humerus broke off! She has to have an operation and have it pinned
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-03-2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: forgot countdown
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    Hi WnC! If yer not running until April, you have time to implement the Couch to 5k schedule. I worked on this program back when I was over 200lbs & I feel it's a manageable intro to distance training. Caveat: I could never get my time as low as a 10 min/mile, but speed wasn't a main concern of mine anyway.

Pullups & pushups looking good!

Hope your MIL experiences a full recovery very soon.
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

MIL update in my next post...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

14 Days 12 Hours 59 Minutes

Food
    IF – until 2:30, when I got bored waiting at the hospital and remembered I had some dark Lindt mini balls in my purse. I ate all 5 of them
    D – Red Lobster – Pacific Snapper, broccoli, Caesar salad
    S – dark chocolate covered cranberries

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No candy, no wine
    I ate chocolate.
    More than once.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nothing

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 11:30 am but my Farmer was snoring until about midnight, and it didn’t matter how many times I poked him…

I woke at 8 and dozed until 9:30

My Father in Law called. (I was going to go over and sit with my Mother in Law while my son went with my Father in Law to the hospital to have a stitch removed from his neck – they had removed a cancer spot) The hospital called about my Mother in Law’s arm. They wanted to see her today.

So, I left home at 10:30 and drove them both to one city to get the stitches removed and then drove them to another city to see the surgeon.

The surgeon has decided to replace the ball joint on her shoulder.
    Tomorrow.

I’m taking them.

We left the hospital at 5 and stopped at Red Lobster for supper.

I’m now working on a 125g package of Dark Chocolate covered Cranberries…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Nasty turn of events for your MIL, good that you are available to be there for them. Hope she recovers quickly from the surgery, maybe you can bring her some good primal food so she doesn't have to eat the hospital crap.

I would be eating the chocolate too. This evening we had some trouble with one of the kids, and I'm really wanting a glass of wine right now...

Surprisingly, I didn't eat the whole bag...

Halfway through, I'd had enough...

This NEVER would have happened before.

(I won't tell if you have it )
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Hi,

I came here to read your journal and got all starry eyed at the wine and candy part, ha ha.. Actually it is a really big journal and I suddenly feel the need to go to bed (guess what I am going to dream about ;-) ).... I will try to catch up on it tomorrow

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Surprisingly, I didn't eat the whole bag...

Halfway through, I'd had enough...

This NEVER would have happened before.
    This is the biggest difference I've noticed since going primal too. It's great to be able to treat yourself and not worry about losing control

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
    Hi,

I came here to read your journal and got all starry eyed at the wine and candy part, ha ha.. Actually it is a really big journal and I suddenly feel the need to go to bed (guess what I am going to dream about ;-) ).... I will try to catch up on it tomorrow
    hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    Good job stopping the candy at the halfway point. I'll be sending vibes to you and your MIL tomorrow.

You're an excellent caretaker, WnC. Your family & friends are lucky to have you!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    This is the biggest difference I've noticed since going primal too. It's great to be able to treat yourself and not worry about losing control
    I know!
    Crazy.
    In a good way
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

So in 14 Days 1 Hour and 16 Minutes, I will (hopefully) be on my way to Jamaica!

I haven't achieved the body I'd hoped...I'm not even close...
    And if it hasn't happened in the past four months, it isn't going to happen in the next 14 days

Aaarrrggghhh!

Is it EVER going to happen?????
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, it will. WNC, I fought those last few body parts that refused to behave (get tinier or get toned) for the better part of 6 months. I'm still fighting one of them, but everything else fell in line.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome