Page 54 of 415 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 54

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    sorry you didnt get a good nights sleep. Yeah the vitamins on an empty stomach can play merry hell sometimes.
    Yes, I fully agree here. I always do my best to take mine right after dinner...which reminds me...I think I missed something!

So, 47 inches. You're definitely bragging here. Just like men! heehee. Very nice. Merry Christmas to you

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    33 Days 11 Hours 20 Minutes

Food
    L – 2 scrambled eggs with onion and feta cheese, dill pickle, Clementine orange
    S – Lindt Dark Chocolate Christmas balls (they tasted way sweeter than I remembered from last year)
    D – Spicy Indian Chicken, brussel sprouts, mushrooms with red pepper dip, avocado, banana, 2 small glasses of wine

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No candy.
    I’ve had too much wine this week. Only about 10 oz a night, BUT I’m trying to limit my wine to weekends…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Not really, a bit of shopping, some packing.
    It’s been a slow exercise week

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

Bed at 10:30.
    It took FOREVER to fall asleep
    I think taking the supplements before bed on a (fairly) empty stomach was a Very. Bad. Idea.
    About 11:30 I felt sick to my stomach. The nausea lasted over an hour.
    I saw 1:20 am on the clock...

Awake at 7:30, by the Paps. Tried to go back to sleep, nope.
    Got UP at 8:15.
    Checked MDA Journals, wasted the morning doing…I don’t know…
    Got ready and after lunch went into the city for a quick trip. I had to pick up a few items

‘cause tomorrow I’m driving to Ottawa with my parents, my sister, her daughter and my daughter.
    My “baby” sister is turning 40 and there’s a surprise party!
    (8+ hour drive)
    I haven’t seen her since summer.
    We are staying the weekend and heading back Monday or Tuesday, (depending on the weather) so I won’t be posting till we get back.
    I’m packing some fruit, cheese, yogurt, and wine

Also a totally NON primal gift for my sister – “Sweet Tart Shots” - a bottle of Blue Curacao and a Bottle of Raspberry Sour Puss.
    When you mix them together it turns purple and tastes like a “Sweet Tart” candy.

Other than that – I’m gonna try to be as primal as possible.

Gotta go finish packing!
    Eek! It’s 10pm…well, I won’t get to bed at 10 tonight…but I’ll go as soon as possible

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Today’s Quote: "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." ~~ Aristotle
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    So, 47 inches. You're definitely bragging here. Just like men! heehee. Very nice. Merry Christmas to you
    Can you tell I'm just a bit excited?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Good morning WineNCandy!

I hope that your day is going well!!!!

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Have a terrific weekend with your family and drive safe xx

I'm BACK!!!!

We had an AWESOME time!
    TOTALLY surprised my sister!

Her party was in the library where she works and there was a band

We had a great time.
    We shopped, we visited, we shopped, we ate, we shopped

She lives in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment with her daughter and a Sheltie and a cat.
    My two sisters and I slept sideways in her double bed
    (My parents slept on my niece's bed and the girls on the floor in sleeping bags.)

I managed to eat as primally as I could, even though we ate at fast food places and malls, (salads, Thai, more salads, chili, soup, quiche) and the 3 meals we had at the apartment were - grilled cheese, pizza and spaghetti - I don't think my mom 'gets' the fact that I don't eat wheat. (I ate cheese, avocado, fresh veggies, fruit and spaghetti sauce - I made sure to fry up onions, peppers and mushrooms to put in the sauce. As I was making supper I found myself eating slices of BUTTER!!!!)

I haven't told them I'm Primal just that I'm experimenting with eliminating wheat because it makes my stomach swell and that since I've stopped I feel better and the rash on my arms has cleared up. (They already know I can't eat shellfish, so maybe they think it is like that) They say "What happens if you eat it?" I explain, but they still say "Oh, I could NEVER do that!"

Anyway.

It was a wonderful visit.
    But I now have 2 days to get ready for Christmas (We celebrate on Christmas Eve)

I'm SO behind on everyone's posts. I WILL read all the ones I usually do.
    I may not have enough time to comment on everyone's. But I will read them

***I get to sleep in a KING sized bed tonight!!!!! With my Farmer and my Papillons!!!!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Yay for the big bed once again!

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I agree that people just "don't get it" when you tell them that grains are no longer a part of your menu. Granted, I felt the same way last year this time, but it's too bad they keep wanting to serve the stuff to you anyway.

So, 2 whole days to get ready for Christmas?? You go girl! You can do it. And have fun with it

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I'm stoked that you had such a good time! Yay for all the shopping

There's nothing quite like your own bed hey?

batty is offline Senior Member
    welcome back! more libraries should have bands

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yay your back. Sounds like you had a grand time! And isnt it just lovely to get back and sleep in your own bed! Enjoy!