Page 50 of 415 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 50

ShankInBunkers is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This is really a neat journal. I like how you incorporate all the other assets of this lifestyle in with your daily writings.

My dogs (raw eaters) would be totally jealous if they saw those pictures of Josie.
    Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out -
Robert Collier
    Danielle Shank Photography
    My Primal Journey

Suse is offline Senior Member
    you know for the life of me I cannot figure out why you are not losing weight. You seem to be doing everything mostly right. But I think you are still holding on to some grief about the job loss, so perhaps that is your stumbling block.... dont ask me how, seems pretty dumb that that could hold you back. how about trying one week where you go to bed at 10pm each night and get up at 6/7am. I remember reading once that the most effective hours of sleep are the ones you get before midnight. just as well I get those few hours in cause I'm in my insomniac phase again, it's now 4.30 am and i've been wide awake tossing and turning since 3am. aaaaggh

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShankInBunkers View Post
    This is really a neat journal. I like how you incorporate all the other assets of this lifestyle in with your daily writings.

My dogs (raw eaters) would be totally jealous if they saw those pictures of Josie.
    Thank you

I clicked on your Danielle Shank Photography link. Great shots!
    Working Border Collies, how wonderful! I love the 'look' in their eyes
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    you know for the life of me I cannot figure out why you are not losing weight. You seem to be doing everything mostly right. But I think you are still holding on to some grief about the job loss, so perhaps that is your stumbling block.... dont ask me how, seems pretty dumb that that could hold you back. how about trying one week where you go to bed at 10pm each night and get up at 6/7am. I remember reading once that the most effective hours of sleep are the ones you get before midnight. just as well I get those few hours in cause I'm in my insomniac phase again, it's now 4.30 am and I've been wide awake tossing and turning since 3am. aaaaggh
    Thank you for this. You may be right. I've tried changing my attitude, but, yeah, its still there.
    Part of the 'reason' I keep the late hours is the feeling that it doesn't really matter what hours I keep, because I don't have a job to go to.
    But another part of it is that the later hours seem to 'fit' my internal time clock. For ever (well the last 20 years or so), if I wasn't working - home with babies - I naturally shifted my hours later. I'm just not a morning person. I'd rather be up late at night and sleep in the morning...

But, I will try it.
    I will try going to bed at 10 (yikes!) and getting up at 7 (that's when the Farmer gets up - I really can't see making myself get up before him)
    I will do that this week, starting tonight!

(There, I posted it so now I've got to do it!)

I hope you fell back to sleep...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Saturday

Food
    L – a red grapefruit – I ate half and then the other half was just sitting there, staring at me, so I ate it too. Although, I find that once I eat a grapefruit, I don’t want any other taste in my mouth…hmm…we just bought 10 lbs of grapefruit…
    S – @ 4:30 - a glass of white wine…is that a snack?
    D – Tony Roma’s St. Louis Ribs (1/2 rack) with broccoli and coleslaw. The Farmer and I split a raspberry cheesecake. (the Farmer and I were the only ones who ordered dessert – but is was GREAT!) A couple small glasses of RED wine. I know, RED wine! But one of the guys ordered a bottle and I thought I’d try it.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

No candy, no chocolate.
    I had the wine and the cheesecake. They were both good.
    Why do they serve red wine in huge glasses, but only pour enough for the bottom of the glass?
    And room temp…why? I like cold drinks, or hot drinks. Not too sure if I like room temp drinks…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Nope.
    Didn’t happen

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 2am. I was reading Harry Potter #7 (for the 3rd time) BUT it was at a REALLY good part…
    Awake at 10:30 (the phone) laid in bed until 11.
    Laundry, house stuff, grapefruit, got ready to go OUT!
    Picked up friends, met more friends, had a glass of wine, drove to the city, had supper at Tony Roma’s, left to go see Jeff Dunham. Drove around downtown trying to find a parking spot. Finally found one and got into the venue 15 minutes before the show started.
    Very funny show. Not at all politically correct. My cheeks hurt from laughing.
    Great night!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

37 Days 14 Hours 25 Minutes

Food
    S – @ 1:30 – a tsp of butter and 5 almonds on the way out the door
    D – Turkey schnitzel (with bread crumbs) but my Farmer made it. Roasted potatoes and carrots (I mainly had carrots) an avocado. A baked apple with dates and Feta cheese (2 tsp) with a drizzle of maple syrup. 3 small (5 oz) glasses of White Zinfandel.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No candy, no chocolate.
    I had wine, and I may have a couple of oz of dark chocolate later…maybe.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nada

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

Bed at 1 am. After the Jeff Dunham show.
    Awake at 11:30 because the Papillons jumped on me.
    Got ready to go to the city and look at TVs again. Then Statistics Canada called…I’ve been lucky enough to be part of the ‘extended’ survey. This means they call me once a month for 4 months…I got halfway through the survey and then asked if we could finish it later. My Farmer and my daughter were standing at the door, waiting to go.
    We checked out more TVs. Probably more confused than before
    Home by 4. Statistics Canada called again to finish the survey
    Supper.
    I’m watching Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer with my daughter

Gotta go to bed EARLY tonight. Suse says so

Today's Quote: "Be in charge of your own destiny, or some one else will." ~~ Jack Welch
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

"no child wants to play with a Charlie in the Box"
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

"Bumbles Bounce!"
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

GoPaleo is offline Member
    I think laughing and having a good time are important. When we took the dogs out hiking on Saturday, we had a great time chasing them, they're very silly and love to play, they make us laugh.

Watch a comedy, listen to uplifting music you love, dance around the house, do things that make you feel good and make you happy.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Gotta go to bed EARLY tonight. Suse says so
    Damn straight! Good girl. 1 week. try it. The farmer will enjoy having you get up with him!