Page 48 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 48

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    There is no school in the whole board again today.

Huge amounts of snow in the city. The University and College are closed. No public transit running.

Here, the ground is bare and the sun is shining.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

42 Days 11 Hours 10 Minutes

Food
    L – my friend’s homemade Minestrone soup (without pasta)
    S – a few dates, one ounce of dark chocolate
    D – pan fried chicken breast, cauliflower with cheese, 2 small glasses of wine

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No candy.
    A few weeks ago I switched from using a large wine goblet to a small wine glass.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    None, but my wrist is feeling better.

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    I went to bed at 1:30am. I was reading and waiting for my iPhone to update…
    Awake at 7, just long enough to find out that there was no school again today.
    The phone rang at 9:30. I got up at 10. I got ready and went to my friends house to help her with her Human sexuality university project. I converted the photos I took the other day to a Sepia tone.
    She served me homemade Minestrone soup.

I dropped off some of my daughter’s clothes at my sisters. She knows a girl in grade 6 that needs clothes (bad home life). Then I took my daughter to her music lessons, but the Physio was cancelled – the Physiotherapist couldn’t get out of the city.
    Then we dropped of my daughter’s old winter coat and snow pants at my sisters as well.

My Farmer and my son went to the deer hunter’s place to cut up the 10 deer. They took venison chili with them.
    After supper, my daughter and I went over to the deer hunters and bagged up 36 medium sized freezer bags of scraps for the Papillons! There was still more when we left, and the Farmer will bring it home with him, along with the ‘people’ venison

My wrist is feeling better. Tomorrow I really gotta get back to exercising!

No school in the board again tomorrow! The city is snowed in. My nephew has been stuck in the city since Sunday night. We have NO snow here.

Today’s quote: "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." ~~ Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    that was a very good idea switching from goblet to glass. I only pour myself small glasses, the fireman tends towards a more heavy hand though I have to say.

Bizzarre you have no snow where you are!

You are going to have very happy papillions.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Cool! Unexpected days off

Glad the wrist is better and enjoy all the venison (you, the farmer and the papillions!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    that was a very good idea switching from goblet to glass. I only pour myself small glasses, the fireman tends towards a more heavy hand though I have to say.

Bizzarre you have no snow where you are!

You are going to have very happy papillions.
    I measured both glasses today. With the goblet, I was drinking 10 oz and with the small glass I am drinking 5 oz!

The kids want to move to where the snow is

Yup! The Paps are thrilled!

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Cool! Unexpected days off

Glad the wrist is better and enjoy all the venison (you, the farmer and the papillions!
    The weird part is that there is no snow here, but they are 'snow days'.
    The kids love it. "Dear school board: You make me happier than a fat kid getting a lifetime supply of ice cream!"

Thanks, I wrapped my wrist to exercise today. It helped.

And, oh yes! we will all enjoy the venison!
    Last edited by winencandy; 12-08-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

41 Days 12 Hours 27 Minutes

Food
    L – salad: cauliflower, mushroom, chicken breast, baby Parmesan, bacon, carrot, almond, cranberry Caesar dressing (it was a pretty white salad – so I added the bacon, carrots and cranberries)
    S – a couple of dates, a slice of bacon and a few almonds
    D – pork loin chops, green beans, sweet potato, leftover lunch salad, wine, 1/3 cup of Roly Poly ice cream

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No candy, no chocolate. (Um, does Roly Poly ice cream count as chocolate?)
    I had the glasses out to measure them…maybe I should have measured with water???

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    I wrapped my wrist. It helped.
    Shovelglove – 8 lb sledgehammer, 14 minutes

PBF
    L2 Pushup – 10

Tabata Thrusters with 2 5lb weights – 10, 10,

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 12:30. The Paillons woke me up at 9, I stayed in bed with them until 10.
    Exercise.
    Clean.
    Nap with the Papillons
    The Farmer made supper
    Reading Harry Potter and MDA journals.

Schools are going to be open tomorrow.

Today's Quote: "We make realities out of our dreams and dreams out of our realities. We are the dreamers of the dream." ~~ Roald Dahl
    Last edited by winencandy; 12-08-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: added the quote
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    Delicious food, ADORABLE CAT!, stupid snowstorms (sorry you didn't get to play yer concert), wrist improvement (yes!), MOAR DEER, one o' my fav Bertrand Russell quotes, Pap nap & a sweet workout. I love reading your posts.

Good job measurin' that wine. So easy to misjudge a 'glass'.
    Aww, Thanks

Yeah, that makes my 3 glasses into 30 ozs!!!

Here's a photo of MOAR DEER being cut:

And one of Lily and the rib cage:

The white balance was off in this photo, sorry.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

uggh, those photos are just a bit too graphic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    uggh, those photos are just a bit too graphic for me.
    Sorry, I shoulda posted a "caution - raw meat" warning
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm just sooooooo sensitive Have a good weekend!