Page 41 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 41

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Weekend Update:

Short version: I laughed, I cried, I laughed until I cried, I shopped, I ate, I drank…
    Excellent time with my girls
    Eating primal was easy. Lots of walking, and I even managed to do a few planks…

Longer Primal related version: (For my memory and if anyone’s really interested)

I spent the weekend shopping in Utica Michigan with 4 girlfriends.
    None of these girls know about PB.
    I'm still waiting for the awesome results and the questions before I talk...

But the CW ‘diet’ knowledge I listened to this weekend almost drove me crazy!
    OMG!

The hotel had complementary breakfast. Danishes, bagels, cereals, toast, yogurt, bananas, hard boiled eggs, sausage patties, an ‘omelet’ with a ‘cheese whiz’ type filling, and biscuits and gravy (what’s with that?) My friends all had cereal or bagels, yogurt and bananas, or hard-boiled egg whites for breakfast. I was the only one who ate whole eggs or had the sausage (gasp!) Guess who wasn’t “starving” at 11:30 everyday

When one of them commented at 11:30 that she was “starving”, I quietly said that there are some days when I haven’t eaten anything by then. OMG! was the reaction. Didn’t I know that breakfast was the most important meal of the day? That if I didn’t eat, my body would go into starvation mode and I would loose muscles...I said that I hardly thought that missing breakfast would put me into starvation mode…

One of my friends belongs to GOLD's Gym and is very much into CW fitness and eating. She talks about how difficult it is to follow her 'new way of eating', and planning around the fact that she eats every 2.5 to 3 hours. She would put a banana in her purse at breakfast for a snack before lunch.

They told me I should eat every three hours.
    I asked what was wrong with eating when you were hungry?
    Sigh.
    /rant

Food
    Food was primal, as primal as I could get. Salads. Sausages. Hard Boiled Eggs. Mall Thai/Indian food (no rice). Saturday night we ate at Olive Garden. I had a Strawberry Lemoncello Martini and some wine, and the Venetian Apricot Chicken with asparagus, tomatoes and broccoli!! Wonderful!!! We split some of the little sampler desserts, an Amaretto, a Lemoncello, and a Dark Chocolate Mouse – Ahhh

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No candy.
    But I had the desserts at Olive Garden – The few bites I had were worth it
    I had wine, more than a bottle, and I had dark chocolate ☺
    I had Feta cheese in my Greek salad
    Lots of Starbucks (at least 3?)
    I had NO grains (unless there was cornstarch or some thickeners in the Indian Tikka Masai…)
    I just told them I was experimenting with limiting gluten because it made my stomach bloat.
    I got no CW grief from that. They already know I have crab and shrimp reactions.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Lots of move slowly. We shopped all weekend.
    My packages weren’t that heavy, but we did do a few planks Friday night…My Gold’s Gym friend wanted us to do Deck of Cards, but my sister forgot her running shoes so she couldn’t do it…really…she hates being barefoot…
    No sprints

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Some sleep. I never sleep well in hotels and the other girls were up at 6:30 on Saturday and 7:30 on Sunday!!! Crazy early for me ☺
    No sun in the stores.
    Tons of Play ☺ Laughing, joking, teasing. My sister forgot to bring underwear. We teased her loudly in the stores, commenting on what kind of underwear she should get

A few tears. One of my friend’s dog died on Thursday and her father was just diagnosed with terminal cancer. We had a ‘moment’.

Oh, almost forgot!
    I took naked photos of my one friend for her university Human Sexuality project

A wonderful, relaxing, rejuvenating weekend.

I have SO much journal reading to do!!
    But I have to work tomorrow, so I'm going to bed now.
    Last edited by winencandy; 11-22-2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added last 2 lines
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

57 Days 2 Hours 40 Minutes

Food
    L – I had this salad. Without the avocado, and I used almonds and cranberries instead of pecans and raisins
    S – some almonds and some bacon
    D – a deviled egg, chicken thigh, roasted potatoes and carrots, 2 slices of sweet potato, raw cauliflower, tiny orange. Wine.

No candy, no chocolate.
    I had 2 glasses of wine.

None

Bed at 11, asleep right away.
    I got up at 9:30.
    Cleaned.
    Read Wheel of Time.
    Had a ½ hour nap.
    Shower.
    Supper.
    Community Band. Played flute for two hours.
    Finally got my mac back from my daughter at 10. Wrote my weekend update.

Still haven't caught up on the journals...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like an awesome weekend, way to go on the 'cutting gluten' excuse/reason. I find that works with no pain most of the time too. I think you maximised the fun and minimised the damage, excellent work

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    +1 what N_EM says!

Good for you! We all need time with friends and for ourselves. That salad you linked to looked great. But I would like your version better.
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Hey, sounds like you had an awesome weekend. And you pretty much stuck to eating all the good stuff. I'm suitably impressed. I'm trying to decide if you think feta cheese was a poison??

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Sounds like an awesome weekend, way to go on the 'cutting gluten' excuse/reason. I find that works with no pain most of the time too. I think you maximised the fun and minimised the damage, excellent work
    It was an awesome weekend.
    Yeah, I didn't want to get into a big discussion. Keeping it simple until I look awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    +1 what N_EM says!

Good for you! We all need time with friends and for ourselves. That salad you linked to looked great. But I would like your version better.
    It was good. My daughter liked it too. Of course I didn't tell her there was bacon fat in it

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Hey, sounds like you had an awesome weekend. And you pretty much stuck to eating all the good stuff. I'm suitably impressed. I'm trying to decide if you think feta cheese was a poison??
    I LOVE feta cheese. I LOVE all cheeses. Too much.
    I know its not a poison, but I've been trying to eliminate/restrict dairy for the past couple of weeks to see if that will help my weight budge.
    Three month in and I've not seen any loss...

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could do differently?????
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

56 Days 10 Hours 51 minutes

Food
    L – at 10:45 - a salad like yesterday with a left over chicken thigh
    S – Batty Blueberry Butter Balls, about 1 oz Dark Chocolate, apple Lara Bar.
    D – ground chicken (fried in bacon fat) with stewed tomatoes and cauliflower. Baked apple with crème fraiche, cinnamon, a few almonds and pure maple syrup drizzled on top. A small glass of wine.

No candy.
    Maybe too many snacks, I was hungry and in the car.
    I just wanted a wine. And the crème fraiche…

Nothing. Again.

Bed around midnight, asleep in maybe 15 minutes.
    Up with the 3rd alarm at 6:30. Showered, dressed, lunch packed and out the door by 7.
    Drove 45 minutes to a supply teaching job. It was good. Great kids, no problems
    I was hungry when I left, luckily I still had snacks in my bag.

I wanted a wine tonight, and crème fraiche, so I had them.

I’m starting to get worried that nothing is going to happen before Jamaica.
    I don’t think I’ve lost any weight or inches this month...

Anyone care to give me any advice???

Oh yeah, my sister just called and asked me to make the cake for my Dad’s Birthday tomorrow…
    Last edited by winencandy; 11-23-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: forgot the countdown!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    My weight loss is sometimes stalled by: dairy consumption, alcohol consumption, lack of sleep, lack of vegetables, lack of water.
    My weight loss is sometimes spurred by: harder strength training, eating more coconut products.

Hope you can see the results you desire soon!
    Thanks. I'm trying to restrict the alcohol & dairy. (Didn't do so good today)
    I'm guilty on the lack of sleep, veggies and water...hmm
    I'll concentrate on that and increasing the weight and coconut.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

55 Days 11 Hours 28 Minutes

Food
    L – 11:45 - 3 slices of bacon and Batty’s BBB on the way out the door
    S – 4 slices of bacon Batty’s BBB and a banana, and a little later, a glass of wine
    D – another glass of wine, steak, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, coleslaw, ½ a banana, ½ a pear & ½ an apple sliced up with 2 teaspoons of crème fraiche and a tiny drizzle of pure maple syrup

No candy, no chocolate.
    (I should add in here no potatoes, no corn, no garlic bread!)

None, 3rd day in a row…(I’m not counting the weekend, ‘cause I walked a lot while I was shopping)

Bed at 10:55, asleep in maybe 15 minutes
    Awake at 8, but laid in bed until almost 10…
    I did a little laundry and washed a few dishes.
    Made Chocolate Butter…

At noon a hairdresser helped hide my grey.
    I asked her to fix any mistakes I made when I cut my hair.
    She said I did a good job and there was not a lot for her to fix
    Then she styled it in a way I probably can’t duplicate…

I went into the grocery store for meat for supper and spent $102…(not all on meat)
    At 4:30 I took my niece to her figure skating lesson and then brought her home for supper.
    I had to protect her from the crazy psycho Papillon Josie
    Her mom picked her up at 8:30
    My son’s been hogging the Mac.
    I’ve only got it for a few minutes…he went to feed the neighbour’s dog…

I think there was something else…but I can’t remember right now…and he's back...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    S – 4 slices of bacon Batty’s BBB and a banana, and a little later, a glass of wine
    everything starts with B have you noticed... did you have a blanc by any chance