Page 396 of 415 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 396

winencandy is offline Senior Member

My Hunters (part 2)

Primal Fuel
    After she gave up, I put her in the house. When I came back out, Lily had taken over the hunt! Only SHE meant business! No reaching between the slats for her. She tossed them aside like they were twigs

I LOVE watching her tail here

This is a video. Click on it to watch it in a new window.

Finally, Lily was successful! She caught a mouse! Of course she didn't kill it right away I thought I'd have to kill it...but she did. Then, she saw another one! She left the 1st one (which I quickly removed) and went after the 2nd. She killed this one faster. I praised her "What a GOOD JOB Lily! You got that mouse!" Then she decided to guard the mouse.

Well, I don't allow guarding here. She gets all evil and growly and crouches over her prey, but doesn't eat it. She can guard for HOURS! I didn't have hours, so I got the laundry basket. When Lily guards, I put the basket (upside down) over her and then remove what ever she's guarding.

I put Josie in the house (to prevent a fight) and brought the laundry basket into the greenhouse. Lily went right at the basket to attack it. I plopped it over her and scooped up the mouse (in a pot) and then let her out. I showed it to her and said "No guarding" and I took it out and tossed it over the fence and into the field.

Fun with pets
    Last edited by winencandy; 05-07-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: video link
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Ooh, what are those polka-dotted purple ones? They look like something out of 'Alice in Wonderland'.
    I posted the photo on Facebook and one of my friends said they are called fritillaria mileagris.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Countdown to Scotland:

58 Days, 21 Hours, 25 Minutes!

Wednesday

Went to the school to help with the plays @ 9. Then visited with the Drama teacher till lunch. Lunch was spent sourcing content for my 4 Home Instruction Students! At 1 I went to HI #1's place. We finished reading Lord of the Flies.

Once home, I took the Butterflies for a walk to gather asparagus for supper. Again

Here's tonight's haul:

After supper, I organized some HI things.

Someone posted this on Facebook:

The knowledge is starting to get out there.

Winencandy's Oops Checklist

No wine.
    No sugar.

STICKER!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I'm supremely jealous of your foraged asparagus.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I posted the photo on Facebook and one of my friends said they are called fritillaria mileagris.
    Sounds like 'miraculous frittata'. I like it.

Ladies, you made me smile
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Countdown to Scotland:

57 Days, 21 Hours, 13 Minutes!

Thursday

Supply teach. Had one grade 9 boy test me. Ugh.
    I opened a bottle of wine when I got home.
    Drank 1/2 of it.

It's Lily's 6th Birthday today

Here's today's asparagus:

1/2 bottle of wine.
    3 tiny squares of dark chocolate (6 grams each)

No sticker

STICKER!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Ugh for grade 9 boys. I totally understand the wine :P.

<and more asparagus envy >

Friday

Busy day, running around, Home Instruction stuff. In between students I stopped at the school, picking up more curriculum. 4 students, 3 stops at the school...After "school" I had the 2nd half of the bottle of wine. And then after supper 3 of the tiny 6 g squares of chocolate. Really, they are so tiny it seems like it takes more time to unwrap them than to eat them

And Greensprout, we had more asparagus for supper:

Here's my portion:

1/2 bottle of wine.
    3 tiny squares of dark chocolate (6 grams each) followed by a hot chocolate Chai.

No sticker
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Now I want asparagus!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html