Page 395 of 415 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 395

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yup!
    Me too
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Countdown to Scotland:

62 Days, 22 Hours, 21 Minutes!

Saturday

I went to a "Home Party" show. Weird, I know. You know how small towns have Craft Shows? Well, this was kinda like that. About 20 different Home Party businesses displayed in a community hall. Let's see if I can remember some of the businesses...Tupperware, Avon, Pampered Chef, PartyLite Candles, SheBella (purses), Steeped (teas), Enjo (cleaning cloths) and Xocia Chocolates. Of course I bought some chocolate. The sales lady was going on and on about how healthy the chocolates were...I liked the taste.

In the afternoon I helped Surfer Son and his Girlfriend paint the Bait Shop, then I came home had an iced tea and painted a doorbell post at our back door. I'll post before and after when I'm finished. Then I raked the Butterfly yard. University Son cut it while I was painting, it was really long and needed raking. This tree is flowering in my side yard. I wish I knew what it was...

Surfer Son and Girlfriend BBQd burgers. I picked asparagus and mashed an avocado.

Hockey is on the tv - again. I made a hot chocolate Chai. It was AWESOME!

Winencandy's Oops Checklist

No wine. I had iced tea instead. (Rosehip Hibiscus??? Maybe. I can't remember what it's called, but it's red.)
    I had chocolate. A little square of the Xocia (But it's supposed to be GOOD for me!) and then the hot chocolate Chai (made with dark chocolate chips, whipping cream and a Chai bag)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Sunday

Cleaned house. Spent time outside with the Butterflies. Roast chicken for supper with fresh asparagus from our garden University Son took the car back to Guelph loaded with stuff for his new place. Daughter wasn't happy about loosing the wheels for 2 weeks...

2nd 1/2 of Friday night's bottle.
    Another little square of dark chocolate.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Countdown to Scotland:

60 Days, 20 Hours, 53 Minutes!

Monday

Call at 8 to supply teach at 9 at the local school. Good day. Gave Daughter a ride, then she took the car to physio during her spare. Walk back to the barns with the butterflies after work.

After supper I stopped at the community theatre to pick up a prop chair for tomorrow. While I was loading it in my car, the director for the up-coming fall play formally asked me to be her Stage Manager. She said they wouldn't practice on Mondays. (when I have band - more on that in the next paragraph) I said yes.

Last band practice before the concert next week. Our conductor is stepping down after this concert. I've been asked to introduce the concert and dedicate it to the conductor next week at the concert. (I'm the only original member left). I'll probably cry. I've asked a guy to be my backup Thing is, I've been debating quitting band too. Part of me thinks I'm only still in band 'cause I'm the only "Charter Member" left (22 years)...not maybe the best reason to stay. I don't practice, I don't look forward to going to practice. I usually have to talk myself into it. I have fun while I'm there. I enjoy visiting with everyone....idk...I don't want to say anything, 'cause next week's concert is going to be all about the conductor leaving, I don't want to distract from that. I guess I still have time to think about it. Band won't start up again till September. Maybe it's time to shift from music to drama...

So, at band practice, I started thinking that this could be my LAST practice. And wouldn't you know, I had to get up and leave 'cause I started crying.

Sure, I can cry about THAT, but it took me WEEKS to cry about Surfer Son???

WTFs wrong with me???????

By all rights, I SHOULD have been a complete basket case during AND after Surfer Son's near drowning.
    But I didn't/couldn't let myself.

No wine.
    No chocolate.

Small sliver of cheesecake, left the crust
    Last edited by winencandy; 05-07-2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: forgot the cheesecake
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Photo Day!

Discovering more flowers:

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, what are those polka-dotted purple ones? They look like something out of 'Alice in Wonderland'.

Countdown to Scotland:

59 Days, 23 Hours, 10 Minutes!

Tuesday

I helped Surfer Soon paint his Bait Shop this morning. (Turned down a teaching job to do it)

I had a HI lesson at 2, then went to the High School to help with a dress rehearsal of the play we did last month. They are performing it tomorrow morning for the 7's & 8's. About 200 kids. Biggest audience yet! I'm going to help tomorrow morning.

While at the school I got asked if I'd do Home Instruction for a 4th student! Yikes! I'm pretty sure that puts me at the limit of what I can handle. Of course I said yes...

So now I have 4 Home Instruction Students!
    1st has 2 courses
    2nd has 1
    3rd has 2
    4th has 3

I think I might be crazy!! Or I'm headed there shortly!

Next post will be about today's hunting adventure

No wine.
    Tiny square of chocolate (6 grams, 33 cal)

I have a feeling I'm consuming more whipping cream than I think I am. I bought a 1L carton today, let's see how long it lasts. I'll try to NOT change my consumption rate.

I forgot to mention that we feasted on our own fresh cut asparagus again tonight! With Pickerel caught by a friend!
    Last edited by winencandy; 05-07-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: forgot the foods
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Ooh, what are those polka-dotted purple ones? They look like something out of 'Alice in Wonderland'.
    I have NO idea! I love them. Of course, they are right where I'd planned on building a deck. Guess there isn't going to be a deck. HALF of these flowers are from this one spot.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

My Hunters :)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I took the Butterflies and Kiya outside this morning.

Orbie still HATES it outside. The outside is an evil place and how dare I put her there

We went into the greenhouse, where Kiya smelled a mouse:

She hunted for about 20 minutes or so:

(Click to watch the video)

She "caught" it with her paw. It squeaked and she let it go!
    Last edited by winencandy; 05-07-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: video link
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy