Page 391 of 415 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 391

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hard to see in the yellow flowers, but there are bees busy working in there!

And this is the garlic that I planted in the fall:

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Nice job on getting the insurance forms in. No doubt a great load off your mind.

I love the shoes! I might have to seek out a pair of those. Did you get the light coloured ones?

I was pretty disturbed by the Boston bombings, too. Really reminds me of dealing with all those mangled IED blasted soldiers when I was deployed. Horrible, nasty business. Not surprised at all about the descriptions of the injuries, that was what we had to deal with every day for 7 months in the desert. Truly tragic.

It IS a load off my mind. I hadn't realized how much.

Yes I got the light coloured ones

I really can't begin to imagine what you've gone through...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    It IS a load off my mind. I hadn't realized how much.
    Even better then, that you got it done. A healing process.

Yes I got the light coloured ones
    Nice. I approve

I really can't begin to imagine what you've gone through...
    Um, yeah. I don't regret being there - yes, I volunteered to deploy - but it stays with you. I think the sheer volume of dealing with the results of mans' atrocities to man for so long was the worst part. I did eventually get some help to get over the most acute of the after effects, now I look back at it as a learning and growth experience. What the hell else can you do with that?

<3
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thursday
    It was a BEAUTIFUL day today!! 21 C!! And I had to supply teach. After work, I bought some paint and a laser pointer and made a hair apt to hide the silver. I've decided that I'm not quite ready to let it go silver yet. Then I sat out in a lawn chair with my Farmer and watched the Butterflies dig in the field. Of course, now in the evening, I'm surfing the net.

I might change up my checklist. Combine the old with the new. See if I like it any better.

Winencandy's Checklist (modified to follow the Primal 10 Laws)

Basic Primal Foods - pepperoni, cheese, almonds, pistachios, chicken thighs, sweet potato fries, stuffed mushroom caps, watermelon, peppermint tea

Eat More Fat
    Whipping Cream Chai - 10 am, Honey
    Shangri-La Shot - Nope, but I had a couple "fat bombs" in the afternoon. (butter, cream cheese)

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Watching Amounts - yup
    NO Alcohol - Check! I had a club soda with lime instead
    NO Sugar - CHECK!!!!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nope

Sleep, Sun, Play and Use Your Brain
    10:30pm - 8:30am
    I had to work while the sun was strong, but I sat out in the fresh air after work
    I bought a laser pointer and played with the cats I bought black paint to paint a post outside my back door, I played Skylander (I know, that's NOT what Mark means)
    I didn't really challenge my brain today

We are having a RIBFEST on Saturday! Really just an excuse to have a bunch of friends over to eat Every couple brings a rack of ribs and my BIL and University Son are going to be "judges" Farmer is making a trophy!
    There will be alcohol...and probably sugar...

Right now I've gotta search for a pork rib recipe...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Ribfest sounds great! I'd suggest a dry rub with a paleo BBQ sauce.

Friday
    Cold, windy rainy day today
    I went to a PD session today. They had a pot luck lunch. I took a huge block of old cheddar. I was able to choose mostly Primal foods. I came home my Farmer and his friend were having a beverage. I joined them with some wine. After supper we prepared the rib & chicken breast marinades. Now I'm debating surfing the web or a nice soak in the clawfoot...I think the clawfoot will win. It's cold and rainy out and my back is sore. Besides, I surfed last night.

Winencandy's Checklist

Basic Primal Foods - banana nut "muffins" some fruit at the PD session. Pot luck lunch: pulled pork, meatballs, chili, Caesar salad, grapes in yogurt with almonds, (I'm SURE there was wheat in the meatballs - whatever) ham, fried zucchini, onions and mushrooms, salad: cucumber, basil, balsamic, garlic and olive oil, watermelon. peppermint tea

Eat More Fat
    Whipping Cream Chai - 9 am, honey
    Shangri-La Shot - Nope

Watching Amounts - lunch was kinda big, but not as big as some people's...
    NO Alcohol - Nope - about 1/2 a bottle of Waka Waka (white)
    NO Sugar - I had a bite of a date square, but didn't finish it. It didn't taste as good as I thought it would. a couple bites of cherry cheesecake. And 1/2 a dark chocolate bar after supper

Kinda - we played a "game" at the PD. Traveling across the gym in teams of 6 using 2 gym mats as "boats". They sent out team back 5 times!

11pm - 8am, no sun, play in the gym, Skylander.
    I didn't really use my brain much at the PD...

Dragon won today,

Dragon will win again tomorrow
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Saturday

Ribfest was small, but awesome! We had 12 people, 4 entries and 3 judges. My Farmer made a trophy (I forgot to take a photo! - I'll get one the next time I go to the winner's house. It wasn't us - but that means we don't have to prominently display the trophy all year We came in 2nd using this rib recipe - only we cooked them long and slow all day - and this sauce)

There was probably some sugar in one of the rib sauces. We had roasted carrots, "double" baked potato halves, and Caesar salad.

I drank wine.

I felt OK the next day.

Sunday

Surfer Son has decided on a summer job. He going to operate a Bait Shop at a marina. He's got some work to do to get ready. Sunday afternoon I helped him paint inside the Bait shop. It was cold! I came home, pulled on warm socks and curled up with a blanket and season 1 of Game of Thrones. I CAN'T believe I haven't watched it before! I'm hooked now!

I ate 1/2 a dark chocolate bar. It was open...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Monday

No Dragon today!

Supply teach, short shopping trip, band practice.

Winencandy's Checklist

Basic Primal Foods
    - left over roast chicken, cheese, olives, almonds, Lara bar, blueberries, spicy chicken, carrots, rice, raspberries in whipping cream.

Eat More Fat
    Whipping Cream Chai - I made one for my ride at 7, but the cream curdled I had one after supper
    Shangri-La Shot - Nope

Watching Amounts - ya
    NO Alcohol - Check
    NO Sugar - Check

Nope

12pm - 6am, afternoon's class we sat out in the courtyard. Some sun Skylander.
    I used my brain at band

Sticker Day!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy