Page 388 of 415 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 388

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Principal's decision. Too many "issues" with past proms...
    Nothing serious. Typical pre-prom drinking.
    But the kids (with a few parents) are organizing it on their own.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    The grad prom isn't at the high school here either. Some years ago, the province mandated something called "safe grad", as a result of some tragic incidents involving alcohol and deaths after the party. The school has booked a venue (large hotel) where the dinner will be, and then half an hour after that, the safe grad party starts in the closed nightclub in the hotel. Parents (or designate, forms have to be signed and handed in beforehand) sign in the kids, they have to show ID and given wristbands, as legal age here is 18, so some can legally drink and others not, and all the doors are secured. No exit once in until picked up by the parent/designate on the presigned form. Party goes until 4am. Not under supervision of the school at all, but by the parents of the grads. 2 police officers will also be on site in the club. Hubby and I have volunteered (him for security, me for medical), so will be on site for at least part of the night. This way, the kids can only leave with the parent/designate, who either ensures either the kid gets home safe or takes responsibility for whatever they decide to allow after picking them up.

Much different from my after grad in a tiny town in northern BC, which was a bush party with no supervision at all. Though I recall everyone stopped to watch the northern lights around 2 am, as they were so brilliant. Times change.

Sounds very organized. We are brand new at this and flying by the seat of our pants.
    So far they have a date, venue, DJ, security, decorations and a chocolate fountain!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Saturday

A slow, wasted day. My Daughter got me hooked on a game on my iPhone. Skylanders Lost Islands. I have wasted SO MUCH time playing it! Last night I went to bed at 2am!! Totally the game's fault. I wasted most of today, surfing Pintrest, playing Skylander and doing minimal housework. Tonight I'm trying to get some of my Stage Manager things finished. Dress Rehearsal is Monday. Show is Thursday - Saturday.

I had decided to add a new goal to April. I found I was spending too much time on-line, so I banned myself from the internet from 1-4pm I did it everyday this week - except for today...

Winencandy's Checklist
    Basic Primal- pepperettes, cheese, Brazil nuts, 5 pm - Italian soda, sunflower seeds 6 pm - ham, mushrooms onions, olives, cheese, pesto
    Whipping Cream Chai - 10 am. NO Honey!
    Shangri-La Shot - Nope
    Eat More Fat - ??
    Watching Amounts - Check
    NO Alcohol - Check - and it's SATURDAY!
    NO Sugar - CHECK!!!!

My family ordered PIZZA for supper and my Dragon didn't scream for any!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Of course, I made my own "pizza toppings" bowl for supper. It helped.
    Not the best photo, but here it is before I added shredded cheese on top and put it under the broiler:

I fried the ham, onions, mushrooms, olives in butter with pesto and extra garlic.

AND There are still 2 large OPEN bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs and I left them alone!!

This is definitely a round for Winencandy!!!!!

Sticker tonight!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

two thumbs up for the victory

Sunday

Some paperwork for the up coming play. Skylanders. Visit with my parents after lunch. They fly back to their boat in Florida tomorrow. My Farmer made supper

It was a BEAUTIFUL day today! 15 C! and windy. I had the windows open, letting the fresh spring air through the house

Winencandy's Checklist
    Basic Primal- 1/2 an omlette my Farmer made me, homemade tomato & carrot soup, fried ham, roast pork, broccoli, mashed potatoes (small scoop)
    Whipping Cream Chai - 10 am & 1pm. NO Honey!
    Shangri-La Shot - Nope
    Eat More Fat - ??
    Watching Amounts - Check
    NO Alcohol - Check - and it's SUNDAY!
    NO Sugar - CHECK!!!!

No cravings today

ANOTHER ROUND FOR WINENCANDY!!!!!!!!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

15C??? Good grief, we had just above freezing with snow flurries, like the whole weekend has been. No accumulation, but distressing at this time of year. Still a good 3 feet of snow in the yard, much more with the piles from the snowplow at the sides of the driveway. I think spring may happen, eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    15C??? Good grief, we had just above freezing with snow flurries, like the whole weekend has been. No accumulation, but distressing at this time of year. Still a good 3 feet of snow in the yard, much more with the piles from the snowplow at the sides of the driveway. I think spring may happen, eventually...
    3 feet of snow in April?
    Yuck!
    It was about 15 C here again today, but windy and then it rained in the afternoon.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Monday

In the morning I did some Stage Manager stuff. And played Skylanders.
    In the afternoon I went to the upholsterer's and tried to decide on a material for my chaise lounge. I brought 2 books home. Again.

Then it was Stage Manager time.
    Dress Rehearsal from 4-9:30 pm!
    They ordered pizza for supper, I ordered a grilled chicken Greek salad.

Winencandy's Checklist
    Basic Primal- bacon, pepperoni, cheese, Brazil nuts, grilled chicken Greek salad, more bacon, dried mango
    Whipping Cream Chai - 10 am, 3pm & 7pm. NO Honey!
    Shangri-La Shot - Nope
    Eat More Fat - ??
    Watching Amounts - Check
    NO Alcohol - Check
    NO Sugar - I had a small bowl of Vanilla yogurt at 2 and again at 10:30pm with dried mango

So, no sticker today, there was sugar in the yogurt
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And today the high was -5. Overnight low is expected to be -20. I'm so done with winter. Yay for heading to PrimalCon in 3 more sleeps!

BTW, where did daughter get accepted to university? Think I missed that. Son #1 is planning on U of M so will stay at home next year (is 10-15 min drive from the house).