Page 384 of 415 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 384

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It seems to work fairly well. I think we'll stop taking the hydromophone and just try the oxycodone. Of course, right now, she doesn't want to take anything. Tired of throwing up.

Saturday
    Chai, pj morning. I gave my parents a copy of Surfer Son's adventure (while they were in Florida we only gave them a condensed version) After they read it Mom said it was the scariest thing she'd ever read and that it was a good thing they didn't know everything at the time. They'd thought that because he was in a hospital all would be well.

A good portion of the day was spent caring for my baby.

Tonight I'm re-drawing my blocking diagrams for the play.

Foods
    Chai
    Leftover salad:

Coconut yogurt
    MCT oil shot
    Coconut yogurt
    Red wine
    Chicken, zucchini/feta boats, carrots and 1/2 baked potato (with butter, philly and bacon) coconut yogurt with the hot chicken. The rest of the yogurt for "dessert".
    I should not buy it again...but I probably will.
    We tried something new for supper. It was very good. Hot, but good. I forgot to take a photo until after we ate. Here's the leftovers...

My Farmer found the recipe on AgTalk (a farmers' forum) there's no title.

24 chicken drumettes/wingettes (we used thighs)
    1/8 cup freshly ground coriander
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1 Tbsp sea salt
    1/8 cup olive oil (I used more)

1/3 cup Sriracha sauce
    8 Tbsp butter
    1/4 cup basil, fresh chopped or 1Tbsp dry
    1 lime juiced
    4 cloves roasted garlic

Make a marinade with coriander, cumin, salt and oil. Marinade chicken for 4 hours.
    Grill on indirect heat for 30 minutes. Flip. Grill another 20 minutes.
    Meanwhile, over very low heat, melt butter and whisk with basil, lime juice, Sriracha sauce, and garlic.
    Toss cooked chicken in the sauce and cook another 10 minutes to crisp up the sauce.

I baked it in the oven.
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-23-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: forgot the philly!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

What I think works for me (or what worked before Europe)

A bizarre combo

Basic Primal +
    Bullet-proof Chai for breakfast (with whipping cream instead of butter, 'cause butter in my tea = YUCK)
    Shangri-La Shot (but NOT on an empty stomach - only after food)
    Eat More Fat
    Watching Amounts (NOT counting calories - I HATE that)

And I think, most importantly, my sticker goals:

NO Alcohol
    NO Sugar

~~~
    Of course, prepping for my 5K's, Mark's 5, and Shovelglove seemed to work too, but my back won't let me do that right now.
    ~~~

Only took me 2.5 years Primal to figure it out...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sunday

Daughter had a good sleep last night, I had an OK sleep on my foam pad.
    My Farmer made me a frittata for breakfast
    I worked on my blocking diagrams for the play.
    Lunch was leftover chicken and yogurt.
    I went to a ENJO "party" at Surfer Son's Girlfriend's house. 1st time I met her mother. Of course I bought something. The bathroom basic cleaning set. It's supposed to clean with just water. "Magic" cloths. Whatever. 30 day warranty. I do like the idea of cleaning without chemicals.
    I brought the Girlfriend back home with me.
    I finished the blocking diagrams before supper, with wine.
    Roast beef, roasted potatoes and carrots. Coconut yogurt with a fried banana for dessert. (Yes, I bought more yogurt)
    After supper we watched The Hobbit (I never made it to the theatre to see it)

I'm not prepared for my Home Instruction Student tomorrow morning.
    I'm tired. Maybe I'll get up early tomorrow and prepare.
    Stop laughing.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Best laid plans.........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Monday
    I did wake up early (7:30) and I prepared for my 11 am Home Instruction lesson. We read the 1st chapter of Lord of the Flies. I've never read it before. The afternoon was spent looking after Daughter and setting up her 1st physio apt. It's Wednesday at 11, that will be one week from her surgery. I had play practice from 4-6 and then I stayed for the 2nd practice from 7-9. Looks like I'm Stage Managing for the whole evening. It's going to be a vaudeville style show. Short skits & songs and then our play. When I got home my farmer was on the computer, and Daughter had done some of her exercises. She was planning on going into school Tuesday afternoon so I helped her have a shower. After the shower, (interesting adventure involving saran wrap and a chair) Daughter was laying in bed and commented that her foot was cold and she wanted socks. Her left (the surgery foot) was significantly colder than her right foot. I dug through the info from the hospital and sure enough a cold or numb foot was one of the complications to look for. So I called the hospital and spoke to the orthopedic resident. Of course he wanted us to come in. By this time it was after 11. When she got out of bed she had sharp pains in the back of her leg. So we drove to London and emerg. By the time we got checked in and the resident checked her out, her foot was warm. He examined her, testing for numbness and he used an ultrasound machine to check the pulse in both of her feet. All was good, except for a slight numbness on the inside and top edge of her left foot. (possibly caused by swelling) So we came back home. It was 3:17 when I laid down.

I don't remember everything I ate...Chai, frittata, coconut yogurt and strawberries (supper while at play practice)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Tuesday
    Slept till 10 when my girlfriend's txt woke me. I was supposed to go there for tea at 10 to plan our friend's upcoming 50th birthday. I got ready, settled Daughter (her leg was feeling a little better) and made it there by 10:40! There were 3 of us there, we got quite a bit done. The party's not till June. I was home by 1, I called Daughter's surgeon and let them know what happened last night. Then I wasted the afternoon online, uploading some photos to the Facebook group for the Europe trip and surfing Pintrest. After supper Daughter and I went to my parents to talk about Easter supper. Home at 9:30. Bed will be soon.

I'm going to try a checklist. Again. Of course, I don't know why I'm starting it now, I might as well wait till after Easter...

Winencandy's Checklist

Basic Primal- cheese & grapes, salad, coconut yogurt, deviled egg, dried mango slices, hamburger with spaghetti sauce, fried banana with butter & whipping cream
    Whipping Cream Chai - I had cream with my Chai at my friends, not sure of the %, I had one after supper
    Shangri-La Shot - Nope
    Eat More Fat - Check
    Watching Amounts - maybe too many slices of mango, but only one plate of supper
    NO Alcohol - Check
    NO Sugar - Coconut yogurt has sugar in it, the spaghetti sauce probably did too.

Exercise - Nope
    Sleep 7hrs
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Wednesday
    Physio apt for daughter at 11. Different physiotherapist than 2 years ago. After lunch I went in to London to get a few things for Easter. Home at 10 pm.

Winencandy's Checklist

EPIC FAIL

That is all
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thursday

Supply teach.
    Play practice (4-6 & 7-9)

Winencandy's Checklist

Another stellar day.
    It started out good: Banana nut muffin, Chai & a chicken leg
    It ended with a tube of Pringles and a Gin & Tonic

Someone come take this Dragon away!

Oh, Daughter went to school this afternoon.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

A friend posted this link on Facebook:
    The gluten-thyroid connection
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Well, I survived Easter
    More or less
    No wheat, but there were gluten free brownies
    Too much sugar
    There was wine
    and Cadbury Mini Eggs

As Scarlet O'Hara said "Tomorrow is another day"

I'll see if I can kick the Dragon out the door tomorrow, but judging from past battles, there will be several tough days ahead...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy