Page 383 of 415 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 383

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I just finished dinner and now I'm hungry looking at your photos!!

Wasn't that market at Las Ramblas in Barcelona amazing??

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Yes! I could have spent DAYS there!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thursday
    Daughter slept most of the evening Wed and then slept in the bed we'd set up in my office. I slept on a foam cushion on the living room floor so I could hear Daughter if she needed me in the night. She was up once for a pain pill and an ice pack. We had to drive into London and the Fowler Kennedy clinic to have her dressing changed at 9:15am. We came straight home. I spent the afternoon helping Daughter and creating and gathering props for the upcoming play. Play practice was from 4-6pm. It was a blocking practice. My 1st experience blocking. The 1st director did none of this. I wish this director had been my 1st. An easy relaxing evening and then I slept on the cushion again. Daughter needed me in the night.

Friday

Suffer Son stayed home with Daughter because I had a supply job. Very easy day. My lunch was a pepperette, some Brie, an avocado and a coconut heart. After school I ate another coconut heart and a few macadamia nuts. A little shopping after, nothing major. A bottle of Balsamic, some small props for the upcoming play "Death of a Dead Guy". While standing in line at Home Sense, I resisted buying a dark chocolate bar, even though my Dragon wanted it desperately. Back in the car I ate a Lara bar. On the way home Daughter texted me asking me to pick her up some frozen peaches, so I stopped at the local grocery store, where the Dragon managed to put a bag of Real Fruit Gummies in my basket...and which I ate on the way home...

I opened one of my wine bottles from France and had a glass before supper. I was so full from my Dragon attack that I couldn't finish my supper

After supper my parents, sister and niece came over for a visit. (My parents had flown in today from Florida. They left their boat in Florida and had to come back for a couple of weeks because they couldn't stay in the US for more than 6 months) We had a good visit, they had lots of stories to tell.

Daughter threw up her supper at bedtime. Poor thing.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Daughter threw up again after breakfast. She's been feeling sick all day

Both times it was about an hour after she took one of her meds.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Daughter threw up again after breakfast. She's been feeling sick all day
    Both times it was about an hour after she took one of her meds.
    Some pain meds cause nausea and vomiting. Try small sips of clear liquids, Popsicles, little sips of soup - but wait about 2 hours after taking meds. Hope it helps.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Thanks.
    She has Hydromorphone HCI 3mg (1 every 12 hours) and Oxycodone Hcl/acetaminophen 5/325mg.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

COCONUT yogurt!!!!!!!!
    in my little glass yogurt jar from Paris

Oh, YES!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Those are some pretty high level pain meds, so not too surprising they are causing some nausea. There's always the option of using gravol as well alongside the meds, though that does cause drowsiness, which may not be what you want.

I've seen that coconut yogurt around here too, but haven't tried it yet. Doesn't it have a good but of sugar? I think I saw that on the label, but don't recall exactly. I do love the plain full fat liberte yogurt, it's nomalicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Those are some pretty high level pain meds, so not too surprising they are causing some nausea. There's always the option of using gravol as well alongside the meds, though that does cause drowsiness, which may not be what you want.
    She has tried the gravol with it. Doesn't seem to help. She says the pain is only bad if she moves quickly. She's not had any meds since she threw up this morning. She is using a Cryo-Cuff. We had a BIG day. She threw up 2x, had her 1st shower since the operation (I wrapped her leg in saran wrap and put a chair in the shower and a hose on the shower head) and I changed her dressing. After that she had a 3 hour nap

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I've seen that coconut yogurt around here too, but haven't tried it yet. Doesn't it have a good but of sugar? I think I saw that on the label, but don't recall exactly. I do love the plain full fat liberte yogurt, it's nomalicious.
    Oh, yeah, there's sugar in it

I ate the whole container today
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-23-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd expect less potential nausea with the oxycodone than the hydromoprphone, but ymmv. I'n not specifically familiar with the cryo cuff, but it looks like it would be very helpful for both swelling and pain.