Page 381 of 415 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 381

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    No sticker today.

My Dragon attacked.

With chocolate.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Monday
    Bed last night at 11. Wide awake this morning at 5:45. Couldn't sleep. Up at 6:30.
    FOR NO REASON! (let's not forget that I'm NOT a morning person)
    I made a Chai, cut one of the cat's nails and then sat at the table with some paperwork.
    A couple more Chai's before 8
    MCT oil shot at 9

10 am: MAJOR DRAGON STARVATION ATTACK!
    I ate some chocolate (wtf? in the morning??)
    I made a 2 egg scramble with mushrooms, cheese and bacon
    I ate a cream cloud
    I ate the rest of the sea salt dark chocolate bar
    I had a "hot chocolate" (whipping cream, hot water, cocao, dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs, a maple syrup)
    11:45: I finally finished
    Then I felt blah...gee, I wonder why???

I photocopied the 30+ medical receipts from Surfer Son's near drowning and called the insurance company for more info.
    I sorted, cropped and re-sized some food photos from the Europe trip. I haven't uploaded them yet.

3:45: Daughter had her phone pre-admit interview.
    4 pm: I gave Daughter the acceptance letter for the University she really wanted to go to. She cried. It was SO sweet
    4:30: Play practice
    6: Play production meeting

A bowl of home made chicken veggie soup. A cream cloud, a slice of dried mango. A hot chocolate/Bengal Spice tea.
    Band was cancelled, icy, rainy, yucky weather.

9:45. I'm tired and going to bed.
    How long will it take to switch my body's clock back??
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Surfer Son was asking about the neurologist apt. today. We still haven't heard anything.

He said that he's still having short term memory problems.

I'm no Dr., but what he described sounds more like executive function issues.
    He says when someone asks him a question he has to think before he can answer.
    He also will ask a question and then re ask it a few minutes later.

I think I'll try to contact the Dr we saw when he came home, to see what's happening.
    If I have no luck tomorrow, I'll try again Wednesday.
    I took him to the same hospital that Daughter's going to have her surgery at tomorrow.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    He may have to retrain parts of his brain that were deprived of oxygen - but quite frankly, if that is the only long term sequelae then he is truely blessed!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    He may have to retrain parts of his brain that were deprived of oxygen - but quite frankly, if that is the only long term sequelae then he is truely blessed!
    What she said. A visit with the neurologist is definitely in order.

As for adjusting to time zone changes, the standard is that the body takes 24 hours per time zone change to fully adapt. So if it was a 6 hour time change to home, it may take 6 days to feel totally sorted out. Sad, but true.

And regarding your Dragon, I'm guessing you had a few sweet indulgences while in Europe, I mean, who the hell wouldn't? That, plus the fatigue and throwing in the stresses of dealing again with insurance paperwork and how Surfer Son is doing makes perfect sense for a well timed Dragon attack. Tomorrow is another day. You have slayed the Dragon before, this is apparently a new, baby dragon. You are stronger .

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    A BABY Dragon! Who can slay a baby Dragon? You'll need to keep it around a bit, feed it treats, raise it up. Then, when it's a cranky teenage Dragon, Wham!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Or a lippy 9 year old..........just saying.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, you got the dragon back around the time it left me...I think it flew from Belgium to Barcelona and got on the plain with you!

Nice shopping .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    What she said. A visit with the neurologist is definitely in order.
    While we were waiting at the hospital today, I went down to emerg to find out why we hadn't heard from the neurologist yet. The receptionist did some digging and found out that Surfer Son's apt is JULY 19th! (While we are going to be in Scotland) I think July is TOO long! Ii think I'll have to call and see if I can get it moved up. I know he's not a serious/acute case, BUT July?

As for adjusting to time zone changes, the standard is that the body takes 24 hours per time zone change to fully adapt. So if it was a 6 hour time change to home, it may take 6 days to feel totally sorted out. Sad, but true.
    great

And regarding your Dragon, I'm guessing you had a few sweet indulgences while in Europe, I mean, who the hell wouldn't?
    How'd you know??

That, plus the fatigue and throwing in the stresses of dealing again with insurance paperwork and how Surfer Son is doing makes perfect sense for a well timed Dragon attack. Tomorrow is another day. You have slayed the Dragon before, this is apparently a new, baby dragon. You are stronger .
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    A BABY Dragon! Who can slay a baby Dragon? You'll need to keep it around a bit, feed it treats, raise it up. Then, when it's a cranky teenage Dragon, Wham!
    Hahaha!

Or a lippy 9 year old..........just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Hmmm, you got the dragon back around the time it left me...I think it flew from Belgium to Barcelona and got on the plain with you!
    I'm not going to thank you for returning it...

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Nice shopping .
    It was a tough job, but someone's gotta do it
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Tuesday

I went to bed around 10, up at 8!! There may be hope yet!
    Home Instruction English in the morning and then a quick stop at the school to pick up materials for the next course (Ancient Civilization) We're going to overlap and do two courses at once.

Lunch:

I don't remember what I did in the afternoon. Probably wasted time instead of cleaning/marking/preparing for Wed.
    I has some banana/macadamia nut butter muffins with walnuts.

After school I took Daughter into London for a "last chance" trip before her surgery. She bought 6 DVD's and I bought The Hobbit and David Bowie's new CD. Then we made a stop at $tarbucks before we watched OZ the Great and Powerful.

~~~

I'm tired. It was a long day at the hospital today. Daughter's ACL surgery went well. We have to go back at 9 tomorrow am to have the dressing changed. G'nite.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy