Page 378 of 415 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 4148

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 378

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This morning's weigh in......

138!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I've been gone for a bit, so I got to zip through your travel prep and get caught up just as you are leaving. Have a safe flight, and a wonderful time. Will be waiting to hear all about it when you get back. Do you suppose there are French gummies?

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Welcome to Europe WnC! When you're in Paris you're only a 4-hour drive from me . Enjoy! Can't wait to see the pictures and read your story
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Pack, pack, pack!!!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My father worked for TWA, so I got to travel quite a bit as a child and teen, always with carry-on, though, because we flew stand-by. So when my sister and I went with a friend on a European tour after high school, we two were in good shape with our backpacks, but out friend was suffering at having to bring only what she could carry.

I remember reading 'Arthur Frommer's Europe on $20 a Day' (remember that?) before we went, and being amazed at one lady's strategy for saving space. She brought her oldest underwear on the trip, wore each pair two days(second day turned inside out) then tossed them. I thought that was a step too far for me, but I liked her other strategy, which I think would suit Winencandy very well: she brought only a few items of clothes, and had the fun of buying something new in each place she went, to fill out her wardrobe and have a practical souvenir.

Um...Winencandy MIGHT need to buy a bigger carry-on bag...

Just sayin'
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    My father worked for TWA, so I got to travel quite a bit as a child and teen, always with carry-on, though, because we flew stand-by. So when my sister and I went with a friend on a European tour after high school, we two were in good shape with our backpacks, but out friend was suffering at having to bring only what she could carry.

I remember reading 'Arthur Frommer's Europe on $20 a Day' (remember that?) before we went, and being amazed at one lady's strategy for saving space. She brought her oldest underwear on the trip, wore each pair two days(second day turned inside out) then tossed them. I thought that was a step too far for me, but I liked her other strategy, which I think would suit Winencandy very well: she brought only a few items of clothes, and had the fun of buying something new in each place she went, to fill out her wardrobe and have a practical souvenir.
    Where was this excellent bit of advice BEFORE I flew to Paris???

Just to be clear, I'm talking about buying new outfits, NOT re-wearing my underwear!!!
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-13-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Clarification
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Hope you are having fun!!
    Female 53

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am so envious! Have enough fun for me too!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Shop for all of us!
    Female 53