Page 376 of 415 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 376

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    4 Days, 0 Hours, 38 Minutes till the flight to Paris!!!

Saturday

Typical Saturday.
    I didn't get half of what I wanted to get done.
    I felt blah today.
    There was an open bottle of Gamay. No sticker.

~~~

I've packed most of my "non clothing" things.

I looked at the TON of hair products and toys I have and tried to decide which ones I could leave home. I have several small containers that I'm going to use so I don't take 10 lbs of hair product with me

I think I'm limiting myself to 3 pairs of pants. (For me this is packing LIGHT!) Yoga pants for the long flights and 2 pairs of jeans (No, I don't know WHICH jeans) I'm debating taking a skirt or dress...

I want to take my Merrell Delight Glove Wool (I wear these almost every day) Probably I'll wear my Merrell Pace Gloves (only mine are red) on the plane and alternate between them. I still don't know if i need/want another pair...maybe a pair of boots???

I'm not sure how many shirts I'll pack. I'm prepared to wear a shirt more than once. So, 5 maybe? Plus a couple of sweater/fleece layers for under my windbreaker. I've got 6 pairs of socks packed, but I've packed 10 pairs of underwear! (I'll wear the socks more than once, but NOT underwear!)

I've packed tea, Lara bars, dark chocolate bars, (a bag of real fruit gummies) and macadamia nuts.

I'm still debating taking my Olympus DSLR. It's big. But I love the photos I get from it. I'll also take my iPhone and when I was in Vegas ALL my photos were taken with my iPhone (except the Grand canyon) I've probably spent the most time on this decision.

Right now, I can fit my checked things into a carry on sized bag, but I won't have any room if/when I buy things...I could easily fit it into the next sized up bag, (the carry on snugly fits into the next size bag) with room to spare...

Right now (unless I change my mind again) this is my carry on bag. Tablet, headphones, insulated Kleen Kanteen, travel blanket and pillow, change of clothes, 311 bag, book, camera, etc...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I like the carry on bag. About the same size as the Lug one I use and worked for 9 days in Paris as a carry on. If you're planning on buying much stuff, the larger bag with your carry on stuffed inside is a great plan. The shoes look good too, most important thing is to be comfortable, as no doubt there will be lots of walking. I didn't take any jeans on that trip, I used travel weight Ex Officio and Columbia ones, which are lighter, dry fast, and the wrinkles shake out quickly. A skirt would be a nice addition for a change. Can't comment on the camera, as that's not my area of expertise.

Sounds like you're on the right track, and not leaving anything to the last minute, though I expect the night before/day of the flight will be a flurry of packing/unpacking/making decisions. I've learned that it's better to pack lighter, and then you can always buy something if you really need it (or really want it ).

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I like the carry on bag. About the same size as the Lug one I use and worked for 9 days in Paris as a carry on. If you're planning on buying much stuff, the larger bag with your carry on stuffed inside is a great plan.
    Oh, I'ma using' the carry on AS WELL as the checked!!

Sounds like you're on the right track, and not leaving anything to the last minute, though I expect the night before/day of the flight will be a flurry of packing/unpacking/making decisions. I've learned that it's better to pack lighter, and then you can always buy something if you really need it (or really want it ).
    Oh, yeah, there will be flurries of packing activities here for the next couplea days

I plan on being well UNDER the 50 lb luggage weight - saving room for shopping
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Oh, I'ma using' the carry on AS WELL as the checked!!
    Oh, of course, don't know what I was thinking there...of course you are!!

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I plan on being well UNDER the 50 lb luggage weight - saving room for shopping
    I should think so! 50 lbs of checked luggage is a hell of a lot. I'd suggest pairing down your toiletries as much as possible in little sized containers. When I started doing that, I was really surprised that it could be done so easily. Makes for a much lighter bag to not bring full sized bottles/tubes/etc.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am so excited for you! You will have the time of your life. And I'm jealous of your Merrills, those are great.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

3 Days, 2 Hours, 8 minutes until the flight to Paris!!!!

Sunday

Laundry - it's coming out of the woodwork!

This afternoon I helped my sister clean out the last of my parents stuff from the booth.
    My parents decided that they would "retire" from working at the booth (they'd been their for 19 years!)

Do you know what this means!!!!!

NO MORE CONSTANT GUMMY WORM TEMPTATIONS!!!

Eek! No more gummy worms, caramel, caramel cup ice cream, fresh cut fries...

~~~

This IS a good thing.

I also tackled the Peru insurance papers. I'm not done, but guess what? There was no "block". I wasn't afraid to tackle it

The next 2 days are already scheduled FULL!
    (Tomorrow I'm "booked" from 9 am till 9 pm!)
    I hope nothing extra shows up!
    I've still gotta finish packing!!!

Foods
    MCT oil shot
    Chai
    small cheese and nut plate
    Chai
    the last of the Caveman Crunch
    Wine
    Roast venison, carrots, cauliflower, 2 cream cheese clouds

~~~

Two mornings in a row, I've felt sick. Today I finally made the connection: I have had my MCT oil shot 1st thing in the am. Evidently This does NOT agree with me. Tomorrow I will try it later in the day. Funny, it didn't happen with walnut oil...

~~~

Doing my Paris research, I found this store. I WANT!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I should think so! 50 lbs of checked luggage is a hell of a lot. I'd suggest pairing down your toiletries as much as possible in little sized containers. When I started doing that, I was really surprised that it could be done so easily. Makes for a much lighter bag to not bring full sized bottles/tubes/etc.
    I've decanted my toiletries into smaller containers for years. Yes it helps. I've also "practiced" for the last week or so, measuring and seeing exactly HOW much conditioner/gel/etc I use per week.

I pre-weighed my bag the other day (no clothes) just all the "stuff" and it was about 15 lbs, so I will be well under weight!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Great job getting insurance papers started. The store looks amazing. Do you just slug back a shot of walnut oil?
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I am so excited for you! You will have the time of your life. And I'm jealous of your Merrills, those are great.
    I'm starting to get really excited!!

I love my merrells. I want to get something like these for summer (last year they had a model without the strap...)

Oh, I just looked at the website, and LOOK at these men's Merrells!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I would be all over those if they were women's. But the price!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold