Page 374 of 414 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 4137

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 374

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I think I might need a "trigger", but a big part of me thinks "if my own son almost dying didn't trigger it, but a sappy movie does, what kind of a mother does that make me?? This is the same part of me that wonders WHY I didn't break down sooner. I mean, usually I can cry at the tiniest thing...)
    I think as moms that when its something big with our kids we hold it together for so long that we need a "trigger" to make us let go. It's okay to cry over the "trigger" but we can't loose it with our kids. So no, it does NOT make you a bad mom!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I think I might need a "trigger", but a big part of me thinks "if my own son almost dying didn't trigger it, but a sappy movie does, what kind of a mother does that make me?? This is the same part of me that wonders WHY I didn't break down sooner. I mean, usually I can cry at the tiniest thing...

Was this just "too big"???
    No, no, no.

Everybody else needed you to be strong, and take charge, and you stepped up. That's what moms do. And you did it well. Now that the worst is over, take the time to process it. As was already said, give yourself the time, and it will happen. You need this. Doesn't have to be a bawling, wailing event, but something to purge the held in emotions.

Funny how I can "talk" about these fears/thoughts here, but I haven't talked about it to anyone at home.
    I wouldn't be surprised if your Farmer is going through the same things in his own head. Being stoic and in control cuz that's what dads are supposed to be like. If you open up to him, you may find it cathartic for the both of you. At a safe time and place, like cuddled up together alone. Scroll back up and re-read Pedidoc's prescription.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    ONE WEEK TOMORROW!!!!

Tuesday
    I taught my Home Instruction Student this morning. How refreshing to teach someone who wants to learn! We are doing short stories and just finished "The Sniper".

I was finished at 11, so of course, I went into London to do some shopping 'cause I have a TRIP coming up!!

I bought 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of rubber shoes, (but I will probably return them), seriously looked at a better pair of Clarks waterproof shoes (not sure about the laces, on line I found these, that I might like better. Or even these, although they are not waterproof - yes, I have a shoe/boot"problem"), several kinds of nuts (I want to try the Caveman Crunch), some tea, more macadamia nut butter, some Lara Bars (for the trip), some MCT oil and digestive enzymes, some Salmon Oil for the Butterflies dry itchy skin, a between the legs memory foam pillow (for my back), some AG re:coil for my curls, umm, oh, yeah, a couple of dog toys

I think that's everything

I got home shortly after the rain started. Which changed to ice, and now it's windy with huge wet snowflakes. If I get a supply job tomorrow morning, I will decline.

Foods
    Walnut Oil shot
    Chai
    A small wedge of double cream Brie from the grocery store and 2 cream cheese clouds (nibbled on through the afternoon)
    a few pistachios, 3 Brazil nuts
    sausage, hashbrowns, baked beans, fried mushrooms and 5 olives
    Coconut heart

Another Sticker day!!
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-26-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: added links
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thank you ladies
    I know you are right. It will happen. Soon. As soon as I give myself permission to.
    I may need to be alone.

I mentioned last night to my Farmer that I might be ready to break down soon, to "deal" with it, and that if he was around I'd just need him to hold me. He said he's pretty much finished working through and dealing with it. (or something like that)
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-26-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I mentioned last night to my Farmer that I might be ready to break down soon, to "deal" with it, and that if he was around I'd just need him to hold me. He said he's pretty much finished working through and dealing with it. (or something like that)
    Great! He's in the perfect place to hold you. MEN - they are sooooo clueless sometimes!
    Female 53

Yes, they can be
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

ONE WEEK FROM RIGHT NOW I WILL BE GETTING ON THE AIRPLANE!!!!!!

Wednesday
    I packed this morning
    Well, I practiced packing
    All the "non clothing" stuff.

This afternoon I made Caveman Crunch
    Before:

After:

I added pistachios and cranberries and I didn't have enough coconut, so it's a bit gooey.
    ETA: I ALSO forgot the Almond meal...could really explain WHY it's gooey...
    And sweet. I had about 1/2 cup. There's honey in it. Does that mean no sticker tonight???

Daughter and I went into London so she could get some things for the trip. I bought a cute summer dress The Velvet Burgundy one.

Foods
    MCT oil shot (I tried it this morning)
    Chai
    small bowl of left over chili
    about 1/2 cup of Caveman Crunch (still warm)
    Wikki Hut chicken, green beans and mango (mall food)

No wine

I packed dark chocolate for Paris
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-27-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: realized I forgot an ingredient in my Crunch
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Sticker x 2!!!
    Female 53

One last time and I'm not mentioned it again. You have got to let go before the trip or I'm afraid you will have a breakdown on the trip. Please listen, and deal with it.
    Female 53

You are right. I know you are right.
    I've had "weepy" moments.
    Several
    But not the big "release" that I know I need.
    It's SO weird, 'cause usually I cry at the slightest thing.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy