Page 373 of 415 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 373

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Get in bed with your farmer and tell him you are giving yourself permission to let it go for at least 30 minutes. Tell him his job is to just hold you and pat your back. Sometimes I need to have DH do the same.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Monday
    I took Surfer Son to our family Dr and we got a Mono blood test done. It's a small place, so it will be a couple of days for results.

I organized my Prop book for the upcoming play. I made some cream cheese clouds and creamed coconut/macadamia nut butter hearts and started supper early because play practice was from 4-6 and then I had band practice from 7-9.

Both practices went well. I "shared" Surfer Son's story with my band members. My eyes felt a little moist while I was talking about it, but not enough to "worry" about.

Hmm, I know it's there. It's going to come out soon. Hopefully I'll be able to "control" when and where...

Foods
    Chai
    Left over carnitas, guac and salsa
    Cream Cheese Clouds
    Coconut/macadamia heart
    Chili, cabbage salad, thin slice of dried mango
    Chai
    Pistachios (I may be eating too many of these)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Get in bed with your farmer and tell him you are giving yourself permission to let it go for at least 30 minutes. Tell him his job is to just hold you and pat your back. Sometimes I need to have DH do the same.
    Thanks. Reading this brought tears to my eyes. It might be what I need.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    NP prescription: Do it or you are going to get sick from holding it in........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    And this RN concurs with the NP prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    And this RN concurs with the NP prescription.
    I know.

Didn't happen last night.

I think it will be soon.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    FWIW: When I have something I need to get out and it just doesn't happen and I know there will be consequences if I don't get resolution, I help things along by watching or listening to something that I know will trigger strong emotion. The end of "A Christmas Carol." Some animal videos. Looking at pics of loved ones who are no longer on this earth. Stuff like that. Actually it is quite therapeutic to do this periodically, kind of clean up the corners where things accumulate, the dust bunnies of the mind.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Note from this respiratory therapist: Crying is hell on the airways, all sorts of swelling and whatnot. So you might think about some nice deep breathing exercises and maybe use a neti pot or other sinus cleansing method afterwards. Treat yourself to a facial.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I've been off the forums for a few weeks and just read what happened to Surfer Son! You must have been (and still be) so worried!!! I'm happy he's home safely now!

Big hugs (from across the ocean).
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    FWIW: When I have something I need to get out and it just doesn't happen and I know there will be consequences if I don't get resolution, I help things along by watching or listening to something that I know will trigger strong emotion. The end of "A Christmas Carol." Some animal videos. Looking at pics of loved ones who are no longer on this earth. Stuff like that. Actually it is quite therapeutic to do this periodically, kind of clean up the corners where things accumulate, the dust bunnies of the mind.
    I think I might need a "trigger", but a big part of me thinks "if my own son almost dying didn't trigger it, but a sappy movie does, what kind of a mother does that make me?? This is the same part of me that wonders WHY I didn't break down sooner. I mean, usually I can cry at the tiniest thing...

Was this just "too big"???

Funny how I can "talk" about these fears/thoughts here, but I haven't talked about it to anyone at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Note from this respiratory therapist: Crying is hell on the airways, all sorts of swelling and whatnot. So you might think about some nice deep breathing exercises and maybe use a neti pot or other sinus cleansing method afterwards. Treat yourself to a facial.
    Yeah I'm not looking forward to the physical after effects of crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    I've been off the forums for a few weeks and just read what happened to Surfer Son! You must have been (and still be) so worried!!! I'm happy he's home safely now!

Big hugs (from across the ocean).
    Thank you Candy
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy