Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 371

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^me too!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Heehee! Did you see that Siobhan was able to pull emergency bacon out of her purse last night?
    After I read this I had to check it out. Funny thing, I HAD leftover bacon in the fridge...I ate it when I got home

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    How's things? I was thinking about you today. Hope yesterday's tests for Surfer son came back okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    ^me too!
    Yes, after spending 11 1/2 hours at the hospital (not that I was counting or anything!) everything's good!

I don't think the admitting nurse or the 1st nurse really understood how "bad" things had been for Surfer Son. When we were finally in a bed waiting and I heard the Dr come in and talk to the nurse about him, I went over to the desk and handed the Dr a letter that one of Surfer Son's friends had written detailing exactly what had happened in Peru. I told her that he didn't know everything that was on the letter, but I felt she should read it before she saw him. Once the Dr read the letter, things started to happen!

We had X-rays, CT, EKG, blood work, vitals checked, and a "mini-neuro" exam (by a resident and the Dr) all within an hour! (We had brought all the paperwork {in Spanish} the meds he'd been given and his X-ray from the day after his near drowning.)
    Then we had to wait for results.
    And wait.

The Dr said everything came back normal. Surfer Son had a "squeak" in his left lung. She smiled and said she'd never heard something like that before. I asked about Malaria, because of course, Surfer Son hadn't been able to continue taking his pills. (for 5 days after leaving the area) So we had more blood drawn and had to wait AGAIN for results. No Malaria! But she said the cells kind of looked Mono"ish" and while she wasn't going to make us stay and wait for more blood work, maybe we should have our family Dr test him for that. She told him they would be making an appointment with a neurologist within a week or two, just to "be sure", but that he didn't have to restrict his activities, but if the Mono came back positive then no contact sports till it was better. She will send his results to our family Dr.

On the way out of the hospital Surfer Son said that his friends were talking about someone having mono at home before they left???

He also talked to me a little about emotionally dealing with what happened (how and when) and if he'll change from it. I told him there was no right or wrong way to deal with it and to please talk about it whenever he wants to. I told him that the details of what happened are in a letter when he's ready to read it.

He didn't get to the Dr today. Hopefully tomorrow for the mono test.

Surfer Son's biggest complaint right now? He's still got sand in his ear. Boys!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    So relieved to hear this. Yes, mono could absolutely account for how Surfer Son was feeling before this happened, and his collapse. If he hadn't been in the water at the time, it may have just been a brief fainting episode. Most excellent that you found an understanding and very thorough physician in the ER. Hope you get him to the family doctor tomorrow. Would also be good to mention there his emotional coping with this. He could get a referral to someone professional to help him deal with this, if that would be something he might want to consider.

How are you doing?

Wednesday

Stopped at the local school to get curriculum for my next Home Instruction student. Very friendly generous teacher, nothing like the last one! Then I drove into London to my eye Dr and got him to take the astigmatism OFF my glasses!!! He had me read the chart with my new glasses and then he made a mock pair without the astigmatism and had me read the chart again. Perfect! So he agreed to take it off! Then I went across town to another store that sells glasses and talked to the guy about a possible "office" pair of glasses. Computer screen distance. He was trying to talk me into a mini progressive computer to 8' range. Instead of a 2-3' computer range. Not sure what I'll do. I think the new ones are going to be too strong for computer work...I know - 1st world problems

Of course, I did a little shopping I bought yet another carry-on size bag...yeah, I KNOW I can only take ONE!
    I bought some hair "toys" now that it's starting to get long enough to "play" with. I also bought some "curly" conditioner.
    Oh, and I bought 3 books. and a $tarbucks 1/2 sweet whipping cream tall Chai Latte

Foods
    Chai
    $tarbucks
    1/2 an order of Thai Express chicken sweet and sour stir fry with beansprouts instead of rice
    Venison stew, raspberries and whipping cream

No sticker today
    It's been 7 days stickerless

Maybe tomorrow
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

So relieved to hear this. Yes, mono could absolutely account for how Surfer Son was feeling before this happened, and his collapse. If he hadn't been in the water at the time, it may have just been a brief fainting episode. Most excellent that you found an understanding and very thorough physician in the ER. Hope you get him to the family doctor tomorrow. Would also be good to mention there his emotional coping with this. He could get a referral to someone professional to help him deal with this, if that would be something he might want to consider.

How are you doing?
    Yes, we've been extremely lucky in all of this!
    I'll mention the emotional concerns to the family Dr.

Me?
    I haven't "dealt" with it yet.
    The walls are still up.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Me?
    I haven't "dealt" with it yet.
    The walls are still up.
    Yeah, thought so. That's that Mom protection thing that Siobhan mentioned. You're being strong and taking care of things for him, plus probably your Farmer and Daughter too. I wouldn't be too bothered about the stickers at the moment.

{{hugs}}

Okay, the mono makes sense with what happened. Hopefully he will get to the doc today and get tested. I'm with everyone else, when you feel it is safe, you will let the walls down. Hopefully before the trip and not on it!
    Female 53

Yeah, thought so. That's that Mom protection thing that Siobhan mentioned. You're being strong and taking care of things for him, plus probably your Farmer and Daughter too. I wouldn't be too bothered about the stickers at the moment.

{{hugs}}
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Okay, the mono makes sense with what happened. Hopefully he will get to the doc today and get tested. I'm with everyone else, when you feel it is safe, you will let the walls down. Hopefully before the trip and not on it!
    I had the same thought this morning! What if I breakdown on the trip! eek!
    Well, I decided that I just WON'T let that happen!
    'Cause I can control everything...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Maybe you need to give yourself permission once the 2 week neuro check is done?
    Female 53

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I think you should combine 'letting go' with something therapeutic, like a sensory deprivation tank, or a super-long massage. Or maybe primal scream therapy.