Page 370 of 415 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 370

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Monday

Today was "Family Day" in Ontario. A holiday.
    As expected, we had several visitors today.

Surfer Son arrived, by stretch limo, at 1:30. He looked so thin! We talked till well after 2 am. I woke up at 9:40. I had a shower after lunch and then climbed into bed to get warm. I fell asleep. No big surprise! I woke up when my FIL showed up at the door to see Surfer Son and the Butterflies launched their alarm

Surfer Son's girlfriend was here for most of the day. She just left. Surfer Son looks SO tired. He's gone up to his room. Probably not to bed, he took his computer with him...

We are planning to go to London to Emerg tomorrow. Probably end up sending most of the day there...
    I'm making a "timeline" of events to take with us.

Foods
    Chai with whipping cream (Ok, really, from now on, assume that the Chai has whipping cream in it)
    bacon and an avocado
    some pistachios, red wine
    ground beef, spaghetti squash, fried veggies

80% Dark chocolate (1/2 a bar, so far. Maybe I'll save the other half for the hospital tomorrow, Even though it will mean another stickerless day)

No sticker again today. Wine and a new bar of 80% dark chocolate. Maybe tomorrow...

and this was lunch from...idk...maybe yesterday?

Last edited by winencandy; 02-18-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: added photos
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Hooray for Surfer Son's safe arrival home .

Good plan for the emergency in London tomorrow. I'm guessing the travel nurse had a copy of his medical documents from Peru and trip home? Make sure you take that with you tomorrow.

I wouldn't sweat it about a bit of chocolate and wine. You've proven you can go a good month and beyond without either, so when you are ready to get back there, you will.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I think the ability to not fall apart when your children have these issues is kind of a Mom Thing. Sort of like a hardwiring in your brain that kicks in when you have to be strong for them. I see it in the hospital a lot. The doctor is saying stuff like, "titanium rod in femur" and "brain scan" and Mom just nods and breathes unevenly for awhile. Later on she will probably lock the bathroom door, roll around on the floor and howl like a banshee.

So glad SS is back and hope everything checks out. It must be such a relief to have him home!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I'm seeing how long my unplanned IF will last. I'm at the hospital. Nothing but junk food, muffins and donuts. We are waiting on blood work, EKG, CT and neurologist visit. I have had 3 Chai's with cream and I'm rationing the 1/2 80% dark chocolate bar I brought with me.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Now is when you need bacon in your purse!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Now why didn't I think of that!!

I found the cafe and got a grilled chicken breast and a bag of gummy bears at 6:30
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Oooo, bacon would have been a great idea .

Hand in there w&c. Sounds like they're doing everything needed.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Poking my head back in after a weekend away. I'm so glad that SurferSon is home safe and sound, and that you've kept so steady on the food. Good job! No more gummy bears! Greensprout is right: get yourself some bacon.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Heehee! Did you see that Siobhan was able to pull emergency bacon out of her purse last night?

How's things? I was thinking about you today. Hope yesterday's tests for Surfer son came back okay.