Page 367 of 412 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 367

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    This sounds perfect. Thank goodness for decent travel insurance. You usually never use it, but I'd hate to have to deal with what the costs would be otherwise. It's actually pretty inexpensive considering what can happen.
    Yes. The insurance was well worth it. We just got back from the Paris/Barcelona trip information night and they are using the same company!

Obviously when he gets home, you'll have him seen by your GP, I'd be wanting a referral to internal medicine or neurology (or both) for follow up, just to make sure nothing gets overlooked. I'd insist on this if it is not offered.
    Yes, the Dr has been "told"

As for him not realizing how bad it was, well, that's the teenager/21 year old invincibility thing surfacing. I wouldn't be overly concerned about this.

I'm betting you earned another sticker for today .
    Yes, I'm definitely earning my stickers these past few days
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Latest Surfer Update

Well, the boys left the hospital. The Dr had said he could leave, insurance just wanted him there to keep him "safe". Surfer Son just wanted out. Insurance wasn't really happy, but they are OK with it. They are staying in a very nice hotel a block from the hospital ($150/night hotel) Insurance is covering $175/day for Surfer Son accommodations and meals till he leaves.

Surfer Son's return flight was changed to a different airline with a direct flight from Lima. The other two boys had a couple of options, that our insurance was willing to arrange for them (our cost):

1. $1,400/boy = The boys on the same flight with Surfer Son. Leaving Friday morning and in Toronto Friday night.
    2. $500/boy = flight to Lima and changing the date of their original flight home. Leaving Sat. night with 2 transfers, getting to Toronto Sunday night.

We really wanted the boys to accompany Surfer Son. We wanted his friends to be with him - he's still confused and having short term memory problems. We decided that we would pay for his two friends to fly home on the same flight. It was the least we could do for everything they did. They kept Surfer Son alive.

Of course the other parents said they'd pay, my Farmer said no.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Today was spent on the phone again.
    Tonight was a parents' meeting for the Paris Barcelona trip.
    I haven't thought about that trip for a couple of days

Pretty soon I can get excited about that trip again

Foods
    Chai with whipping cream
    left over pork loin with an avocado
    Walnut oil shot
    small handful of pistachios and a few thin slices of cheese
    sausage link and over easy egg, 5 olives, raspberries and whipping cream

Another sticker
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Better day today.
    I only spent the morning on the phone

There was a miscommunication with the insurance They booked everyone on the Saturday $500/person flights, not the Friday $1400 flights. They knew we wanted the boys to be together, but they misunderstood which flight we wanted. I talked to the insurance nurse. I was going to make him change it to the earlier, more expensive flights, but after talking about the pros and cons, we decided that although it's a longer travel day, it gives Surfer Son another 36 hours before the flight to recover and he will have some breaks between flights, giving him a chance to stretch his legs and breathe non-airplane air.

Surfer Son still wants to go to Machu Picchu, but he also didn't remember out conversation yesterday. I told him that I know he wants to and that it will still be there another time. That he needs to remember things and feel better before he climbs that height.

He's chatting on Facebook with me tonight

I left the house today! 1st time since Saturday night! I went into the next town and picked up my rings - the claws were all ok.
    Tonight I went to the play Dress Rehearsal. On Sunday I passed Stage Manager duties on to someone else, 'cause everything was so crazy. But tonight I wanted to help the new Stage Manager. She asked if I'd come for the performances. I said I'd try.

Foods
    Chai with whipping cream
    Small cheese plate. I took a photo, but I haven't uploaded it yet...
    Walnut Oil shot
    Small coleslaw, bowl of chili

~~~

3 weeks from now I will be on a PLANE!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Yay for a better day, sounds like another sticker!

The Saturday flight sounds like a better idea for Surfer Son. In my job, I deal with air transport of all sorts of patients, and often an extra day is a good thing.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Good news on SS. I firmly believe everything happens for a reason - so the boys are supposed to be on the Saturday flight. I'm in awe of your strength and will power!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Thanks ladies.

Today's Peru Problem?

Surfer Son's bank card wouldn't work...and he couldn't call out to the # on the back of his card.
    Multiple phone calls later, card is working.

I've decided that since I've had a week from hell AND it's Valentine's Day, that I am going to have wine AND dark chocolate tonight!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I've decided that since I've had a week from hell AND it's Valentine's Day, that I am going to have wine AND dark chocolate tonight!!
    You more than deserve as much wine and candy as you want. I'm glad Surfer Son will be home soon.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    You more than deserve as much wine and candy as you want. I'm glad Surfer Son will be home soon.
    Thanks

Wow, I've just started my 2nd glass and I feel drunk????
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

PrimalCon New York
    Thursday

Besides solving Surfer Son's latest problem, I marked ALL of my Home Instruction Student's assignments and bathed one of the Butterflies...

Here's a few photos:
    Yesterday's cheese lunch:

Today's cheese lunch:

Tonight's supper:

And everyone's dessert:

And mine:

And I think my material choices for the chaise lounge have changed:

Tonight I may bath the other butterfly
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-14-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: fixed a photo
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy