Page 366 of 412 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 366

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm very relieved for you that things are turning out okay. Sounds like you have everything well in hand.

How the heck do you eat only 2 brussel sprouts? Of course when I make them, they're all for me, since nobody else in my house will touch them. I like it that way.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm very relieved for you that things are turning out okay. Sounds like you have everything well in hand.

How the heck do you eat only 2 brussel sprouts? Of course when I make them, they're all for me, since nobody else in my house will touch them. I like it that way.
    I don't want to jinx it, but, yeah, things seem to be going smoothly

I haven't had much of an appetite for the last couple of days, I also only ate one chicken thigh!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Not surprised about not much appetite, all things considered. And I'm very impressed you've continued to earn stickers for good behaviour. Most impressive indeed. I don't think I would be able to do the same.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Glad things are looking up!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Sounding positive. You are doing great - I'm sure I would have lost it! I agree on the Brussels sprouts, when I make them they are MINE - ALL MINE!!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    So glad that SurferSon is getting better and better. All else will fall into place. You are still in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Not surprised about not much appetite, all things considered. And I'm very impressed you've continued to earn stickers for good behaviour. Most impressive indeed. I don't think I would be able to do the same.
    I'm really surprised too. I didn't think I'd be able to either.
    Idk, I just don't want it (wine OR chocolate/candy)
    Weird
    Maybe it'll change once he's safely back home...

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Glad things are looking up!
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Sounding positive. You are doing great - I'm sure I would have lost it! I agree on the Brussels sprouts, when I make them they are MINE - ALL MINE!!
    I'm not "letting" me lose it. I'm afraid if I "let go" I won't get it back. I'll let go when he's home safe.

I used to HATE Brussels sprouts

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    So glad that SurferSon is getting better and better. All else will fall into place. You are still in my prayers.
    Thank you
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Hospital Release!!

He's being released as I type this!!!

They are staying in the city until travel arrangements can be made. Insurance says they will cover their expenses.

I've been on the phone all morning. Had to grab a shower while Farmer was in for lunch Every time I went to have one the phone would ring!

I've talked to him 2x today. This morning he didn't remember talking to me last night

In his 2nd conversation he was saying how he wanted to go to Machu Picchu. I don't think he realizes how bad it was.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Spoke too Soon

Change of plans. Insurance wants to keep him in the hospital till they can arrange for a medical transfer. A nurse will fly down, and they will provide door to door service. They will bring Surfer Son right to our house! They will try to put the other 2 boys on the same flight. He could be home possibly Thursday or Friday!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

This sounds perfect. Thank goodness for decent travel insurance. You usually never use it, but I'd hate to have to deal with what the costs would be otherwise. It's actually pretty inexpensive considering what can happen.

Obviously when he gets home, you'll have him seen by your GP, I'd be wanting a referral to internal medicine or neurology (or both) for follow up, just to make sure nothing gets overlooked. I'd insist on this if it is not offered.

As for him not realizing how bad it was, well, that's the teenager/21 year old invincibility thing surfacing. I wouldn't be overly concerned about this.

I'm betting you earned another sticker for today .