Page 365 of 415 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 365

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'd be considering a flight too if I were in your place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    I'd be checking flights..... We can compare BPs. Moms was 40/10 and asystole for "a bit" according to report.
    It was 110/70, heart rate 112, oxygen saturation 88%, but with 50% oxygen added it was 98%.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    The fact that his vital signs are good and he has regained consciousness, even if sporadic, is a very good sign.

I'd be booking a flight for certain.

How are you, your farmer and daughter holding up?
    We are doing MUCH better right now After trying ALL day, we managed to get through and spoke to Surfer Son and his buddies! He's up and walking around, watching TV but he's confused. Short term memory loss, doesn't think he was "out". His buddies are staying in the hospital room with him. The hospital staff set up an extra bed and a large chair. Insurance has been worked out - he's covered.

I can breathe

All their stuff is 4 hours away.

AND I can still add a sticker to today's calendar! Maybe I'll add 2 today as well as last night I didn't keep track of my food today, there was lots, but it was all primal.

Depending on what we find out tomorrow, I might not be booking a flight.
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-10-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: more details
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Praying for everyone!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thank you
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I think I'll be heading to bed soon and trying to get some sleep. I'm dead tired.

I won't be checking or posting comments on anyone's journals tonight.

Sorry
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    It was 110/70, heart rate 112, oxygen saturation 88%, but with 50% oxygen added it was 98%.
    Decent, considering what he's been through. The amount of oxygen should be able to be decreased, hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    We are doing MUCH better right now After trying ALL day, we managed to get through and spoke to Surfer Son and his buddies! He's up and walking around, watching TV but he's confused. Short term memory loss, doesn't think he was "out". His buddies are staying in the hospital room with him. The hospital staff set up an extra bed and a large chair. Insurance has been worked out - he's covered.
    This is very encouraging.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like he has very good buddies! Take a deep breath and give yourself extra stickers because you managed a huge crisis without caving. You are doin great!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Decent, considering what he's been through. The amount of oxygen should be able to be decreased, hopefully soon.

This is very encouraging.
    I'm thinking that the numbers are better now - I think those were when he was still in and out of consciousness.
    Yes, we were VERY relieved after we talked to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Sounds like he has very good buddies! Take a deep breath and give yourself extra stickers because you managed a huge crisis without caving. You are doin great!
    They are very good
    I'd told myself that I could "cheat" today if I "needed" to, but I just didn't feel like it. I guess I ate enough "good" fats that I didn't hear the Dragon calling. She's busy bothering someone else, but I thought for sure this would have brought her back. I KNOW even a few months ago I would have caved. I caved on Christmas Eve with the chimney fire and THIS was 1000 X worse.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Get some sleep. Tomorrow should be better!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Surfer Son Update

I talked to Surfer Son again today. He's still confused and slow to answer questions. His friends say that he's getting better, they can have conversations with him. His friend said that the Dr. said his heart rate, blood pressure etc were all good. They want to keep him for another 24 hours. This morning I've talked to his insurance and someone from Foreign Affairs (in Ottawa who is working with the Canadian embassy in Peru) and we are working on how and when we can get him home.

Right now we are trying to figure out how to get their stuff (3 large backpacks and 3 surfboards). Their stuff is 4 hours away from them.

They still don't know if he will need oxygen for the flight (and therefore a medical transfer). They want to make sure he is safe for travel and so do I. Insurance will fly him from the city he's in instead of having him make a 12 hr bus ride to Lima! This is GOOD.

I found out that his "medical transfer" from the beach was in the back of a pickup truck with his friend holding the oxygen mask! Also, the Dr wouldn't provide oxygen until he had cash

One of his friends called the embassy Sat afternoon and asked them to contact his parents. They never did. This is why we didn't find out till 3am My friend's mom is mad, she's contacted her MP

I'm not as panicky to fly there. I don't know what I'll do. If I'm in transit for a day, I'm out of touch...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Evening Update

Things are looking a LOT better!
    I've talked to Surfer Son 3x today and each time he's becoming more coherent! He's gone from one word answers, not remembering past conversations and not knowing he "passed out" (I don't think they told him yet that he almost drowned) to partial and then complete sentences, remembering past conversations and that he passed out. The Dr is talking about releasing him tomorrow. He's still confused about things, he thinks they are flying home tomorrow. There's no way he can fly home alone. We are working with Foreign Affairs, the Embassy, and Insurance to get them all home together. If he's discharged, insurance will cover his expenses until he is ok to fly. He's going to be checked over by a neurologist to make sure he's fit for flying. They will arrange the flight details from the city he's in (he's a 12 hour bus ride from Lima, where they flew in) One of his buddies is staying with him, the other has traveled back the 4 hours to where their things and passports are stored.

Needless to say I haven't done anything else today
    9 "official" phone calls, countless emails, texts, private Facebook messages and phone calls
    Oh, I did take enough time to bath the Butterflies (and myself - NOT at the same time!)

I asked if someone else could take over the Stage Manager duties for this weekend's play. Someone will

Another sticker today!

Foods
    Chai with whipping cream
    Avocado and leftover pork tenderloin
    Walnut Oil shot
    Banana/macadamia nut/egg silicone "muffin" cup
    Small handful of pistachios, chicken thigh, fried mushrooms, 2 Brussel sprouts
    Frozen raspberries and whipping cream
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy