Page 363 of 412 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 363

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    29 DAYS!

Tuesday

I had a hair apt this morning. Covered up some silvers (they are NOT grey) with foil high and low lights. I'm not ready to go silver - yet. This afternoon I went to my parents and looked for a school photo for the play program. It was supposed to be from Grade 2. I have no idea if this is Grade 2, but it's the best I found:

"Let's go fly a kite!"

I tried to do some marking for my one student. Really, I did. I started. Then found other things to do. I pre packed the 2 carry on bags and decided to take one of them back. I put wood in the fire. I drove to town to the bank. I made Cream Cheese Clouds with 1T of maple syrup instead of artificial sweetener. They are slightly smaller than the recipe calls for - I got 27 instead of 24. They are very good. So good they could be dangerous. Possibly dangerous enough to call my Dragon back I'll have to be careful with them.

I searched ALL OVER my house for Surfer Son's external hard drives with no luck. He is in desperate need of a Time Machine back-up and his Macbook Pro is SO full it's having problems working! I want to dump a few of his movies onto a hard drive to free up space. I may have to buy some new ones. Of course, then I'll find the old ones...

I'm sitting at the table (can't use my desk 'cause I have too much stuff on it...) Lily's on my lap and I'm trying to do some marking. Again. Still. Bleh.

Foods
    9 - Chai with whipping cream
    12 - leftover pulled pork
    3 - Walnut Oil shot
    4 - 2 Cream Cheese Clouds
    5 - 3 Brazil nuts, 3 Macadamia nuts NO Pistachios!
    6 - spaghetti meat sauce, 1/2 an avocado, 6 olives, shaved Parmesan, 2 more Dangerous Cream Cheese Clouds

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    MARK THOSE PAPERS!

Your student is counting on you.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    As a student, nothing drives me crazier than late grades!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I know.
    I'm marking.

But I don't have to LIKE it!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

28 DAYS!

Wednesday
    I had a supply job today. Easy. Good kids. I did a little shopping for hair "toys" after work and picked up an old signet ring I'd had re-sized. I left 4 rings (with "stones") to have the claws checked. I had play practice after supper tonight. My throat is still sore, I might have a tsp of honey before bed. Medicinal use only

I found out that Mumford and Sons are coming to Simcoe this summer! Their ONLY Canadian stop this year. I'm seriously considering going. And camping. Tickets go on sale Friday morning.

I have an eye apt tomorrow afternoon. I can't remember when my last on was. At least 7? years ago?

Foods
    7 - Chai with whipping cream
    11 - leftover pulled pork and a 1/2 an avocado
    3 - 3 Brazil nuts, 6 Macadamia nuts, 2 coconut oil/macadamia nut butter/butter hearts
    6 - 2 chicken thighs, carrots, 2 Brussel sprouts, 6 olives, Bengal Spice tea (no cream)

31 Days of NO alcohol, NO sugar!
    (I'm not counting the 1 tsp of home made vanilla extract and the 1 Tbsp of Maple syrup in a whole batch of Cream Cheese Clouds)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I know.
    I'm marking.

But I don't have to LIKE it!
    Never said I liked grading, but rubrics make it tolerable. I do it quick - like taking off a bandaide!

27 DAYS!

Thursday

I went into London today. On the way I listened to Q (a CBC radio program) This was on: "Dr. William Davis, author of the runaway best-seller, Wheat Belly, argues that far from being a "healthy whole grain", wheat is a public health hazard. He is winning millions of followers, but the scientific community remains skeptical about its benefits for people who do not have specific conditions such as celiac disease.
    We convene a Q debate between Dr. Davis, and Timothy Caulfield, Canada Research Chair in Health Law and Policy at the University of Alberta and author of The Cure For Everything: Untangling the Twisted Messages About Health, Fitness and Happiness." It was pretty good.

Follow the green Q if you want to listen to the show.

I bought a few small house things, ate Green Curry at Thai Express. I asked for no rice and she gave me extra bean sprouts.

I could only eat half the (really cute) box container.

I brought the rest home. I had an eye apt in the afternoon. I think my last one was about 7 years ago. Yeah, I needed new glasses So I got some. I also got sunglasses (I'd broken mine in the summer) Glasses are expensive!

Foods
    Chai with whipping cream
    3 cream cheese clouds
    Green Curry
    3 Brazil nuts and 4 Macadamia nuts
    fried ground beef with tomatoes, onions and green peppers and 6 olives, 3 cream cheese clouds (I should not make these again!)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

26 DAYS!!!!

Friday
    BIG SNOWSTORM last night and today. I stayed home. ALL schools in our board were closed. University Son's school (several hours away) was closed, My sister (who lives up near Ottawa) didn't go to work and her daughter's school was closed too. This storm hit ALL of Ontario.

I got TICKETS for MUMFORD AND SONS "GENTLEMEN OF THE ROAD" Simcoe Stopover!!! My sister was logged on 2 computers near Ottawa and I was logged on 2 here and we both got into the "waiting" area before the tickets went on sale at 11. I was the 1st one of us able to purchase ticket. I got 3 weekend show tickets (for my 2 sisters) weekend camping passes AND an RV site!! It was sold out in about an hour! I'm excited

Well, right now I'm SLIGHTLY more excited about Paris and Barcelona

It's going to be a great year! Paris & Barcelona in March, Scotland in July, (possibly a Tragically Hip concert in July), and Mumford and Sons in August! WOW!

Foods
    Chai with whipping cream
    Warm bacon wrapped around slices of Brie O. M. G!
    Walnut Oil shot
    3 Brazil nuts, 6 Macadamia nuts, a small handful of Pistachios
    2nd half of my Green Curry, raspberries in whipping cream, a couple cream cheese clouds
    ~~~

Tomorrow night will interrupt my No Alcohol, No Sugar sticker "run" Not sure how I feel about that. My girlfriends are getting together for munchies, drinks and visiting at a friend's house (whom I haven't seen since July) and then they want to go to Chatham to see a country band (that the one girl follows everywhere) I want to go to the house for the visit, but I HATE country music. I really don't want to spend the night at a bar listening to country music. I'm not sure yet how I'll tell them. (I was even debating making up an excuse!) They'll try to convince me that the band doesn't just play country music, that I'll like it, that we haven't gone out together in FOREVER! etc. But I know better. They told me that once before and I went and listened to this band. It was not fun. Not gonna happen again. One of the other girls going HATES country music even more than me (if that's possible) she didn't realize until I told her tonight that it was a country band. She doesn't want to go either. Ugg.

I don't like how the thought of this is ruining my anticipation of the 1st half of the evening

I wonder what I'll take for munchies???
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Why don't you do club soda with lime and be the designated driver? Munchies - cheese, salami, raw veggies?

Thanks. I could do the club soda and lime!
    And yeah, I was thinking a cheese tray...
    But I don't want to be the DD, 'cause then I'll have to go listen to the country music
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy