Page 361 of 415 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 361

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Monday part 3

I made cream of mushroom soup today. And I took photos of the process. 'Cause, why not?

Saute mushrooms in butter:

Until lightly browned:

Add tapioca starch:

Continue to cook:

Add milk:

And 35% cream:

(and an OXO chicken powder envelope - no photo)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Monday part 4

Simmer for 10 min, stirring occasionally:

Add an egg yolk with some sherry (I didn't have sherry, so I used white wine AND I didn't drink any!)

Keep cooking:

Done:

It was very good, but next time I think I'd use less tapioca starch and less wine.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Monday part 5

Band was cancelled tonight because of the weather. Surfer Son has left Lima and gone to Mancora. (I have no idea where that is, I guess I should Google it) My sister came over and I helped her and her daughter with her daughter's iPod. Again. I think it's all good now. I think.

Foods
    9 - Chai with whipping cream
    11 - walnut oil shot
    12:30 - avocado, hard boiled egg, bacon crumbles, dried cranberry, dried mango, blue cheese, lemon juice and avocado oil (I think that's all that was in it)
    3 - walnut oil shot
    5 - 5 Macadamia nuts and a small piece of Brie
    6 - bowl of cream of mushroom soup

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    I think I'm hungry. All of your food looks and sounds good. I Googled Mancora too (and almost typed Mancala... what's up with that?).

Just checked out the link to caramel sauce again. I don't need it today... but I WANT it!!

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Your salad had me drooling, as does your soup. I'm planning on a mushroom cream sauce for pork chops tomorrow, omnomnom.

I made the caramel sauce tonight, you're right, it tastes amazingly like caramel, and no need for sweetener. I would try next time with unsalted butter, as it was a touch saltier than needed. It did seem to curdle at the end, but I added a splash more cream and it seemed to sort it self out. A bit separated, but no curdled. I'd consider making more to make into tiny "candies" as well. Very filling. Thanks for the link .

And good to hear your Farmer had no mishaps climbing around the top of the old barn!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Got to make that soup, sounds delicious! After not eating mushrooms for a long time, I've had a craving for them recently.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Just checked out the link to caramel sauce again. I don't need it today... but I WANT it!!
    Oh, it's good! I think next time I'll make 1/2 a batch, 'cause a whole batch is too much to eat at once and it didn't taste as awesome on the 2nd day. (It was still good, but not OMG awesome)

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I made the caramel sauce tonight, you're right, it tastes amazingly like caramel, and no need for sweetener. I would try next time with unsalted butter, as it was a touch saltier than needed. It did seem to curdle at the end, but I added a splash more cream and it seemed to sort it self out. A bit separated, but no curdled. I'd consider making more to make into tiny "candies" as well. Very filling. Thanks for the link .
    Oh, tiny candies! You're evil
    Yeah, I'll have to remember to buy unsalted butter and try that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    And good to hear your Farmer had no mishaps climbing around the top of the old barn!
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Got to make that soup, sounds delicious! After not eating mushrooms for a long time, I've had a craving for them recently.
    It was, and quite satisfying. I didn't measure anything when I made it If you want, I can post the measurements the recipe called for.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

36 DAYS!

Tuesday
    It was about 9 C today and raining. Hard. For a little while we actually had thunder!
    BUT the rain meant I could wear my new rainboots!!!!

My morning "goal" was to mark my HI Student's work...yeah, that didn't happen. I surfed the net, made banana "muffins" in the oven, unloaded the dishwasher, ran the self cleaner on the oven, surfed the net some more, loaded the dishwasher, started a fire in the wood stove, etc...I really hate marking.

I went to my HI Student's at 1. We started HTML today. He was interested in that, so the lesson actually went longer than normal! I got home at 3:50 and had to leave by 4! I quickly did what I had to and left to pick up my friend and head into London. I had to exchange the iPad case Daughter bought on Sunday for an iPad cover.

Then we went to a Ladies Night at my VW dealership. Supper was sandwiches and fresh veggies. The sandwiches were piled really high, with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and assorted lunchmeats. I picked roast beef sandwich and pitched the bread in the garbage (I had 2) The dessert table was full, but I stuck to the fresh fruit (berries, strawberries, pineapple, 3 different melons, AND fresh whipped cream!!! I made a serious dent in the bowl of whipped cream I even put some in my Keurig Chai! Then we went into the garage and listened to an OPP officer talk about collisions and what we should do if we were in one. Then we broke up into small groups and went with a mechanic to a car for some basic care care instruction. I learned some things.

We were given a bag with a present and some info as we left. We got some really nice black knit mitts with a VW logo on them. Very nice! A good evening, I'm glad I went. Daughter was supposed to go with me, but she has an exam tomorrow.

Foods
    9 - Walnut oil shot
    10:30 - Chai with whipping cream
    11 - banana "muffins" - I like them better baked in the oven. I made 4 small ones this time instead of 2 large. I ate all 4. (but really, that's ony 1 banana, 1 egg, and 2 T macadamia nut butter)
    12:45 - a small chunk (maybe 2oz) of Brie and another Chai
    4 - another small chunk of Brie
    6:30 - the insides of 2 beef sandwiches, raw cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, an olive, 2servings of fresh fruit with LOTS of whipped cream, and a Chai with whipped cream on top.
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-29-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: rainboots
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

35 Days

Wednesday

I went to put my new rubber boots on this morning and they were missing! Daughter wore them to school. I guess that means they passed the "cool" test

I went to the local gym this morning and walked on the treadmill for about 50 minutes. I had a slight case of vertigo when I got off too quickly...lesson learned I tried 2 reverse chin ups while I was there. I also weighed myself there. They have one of those doctor's office/sliding weights scales. Guess what? 140.5! I know! Crazy!

My afternoon was spent filling out passport forms. Fun. We are going in tomorrow for photos and renewals. Oh, I had to go to my sisters and borrow some white printer paper. For some reason, I only have yellow and pink??

Tonight? Probably the same as every night, unless I decide to have a soak in my claw foot tub.

Foods
    9:30 - Chai with whipping cream (I spilled half of it in the entryway on my way out the door
    12:00 - Salad: 2 hard boiled eggs, an avocado, bacon, dried mango piece, cheddar cheese, cilantro, lemon juice, and avocado oil
    2 - Walnut oil shot
    5 - 4 Macadamia nuts, 3 Brazil nuts, club soda
    6 - Salmon patty, fried mushrooms, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli and 5 olives added after taking the photo

I could only eat half the veggies.

I'm giving myself another sticker! That's - 24 days! In. A. Row! I'm "officially" finished with my 21 days of no wine, no sugar, BUT it seems to be working! so I'm gonna stick with it as long as I WANT to. (The bolded words being the most important part of that last sentence)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations on finishing your 21 days! If it's working, then stick with it for sure! So long as you want to, of course.

By the way, your dinner looks yummy. My dachshund thought so too, as he stared at it for a good while before deciding he wasn't going to get any. LOL