Page 360 of 415 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 360

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Now I feel "over full"
    I guess I shouldn't have had the cheese bowl
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Cheese bowl.

I like it. Beautiful pictures, too. I need to try your bacon salad.

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Wow that salad looks delicious! I bookmarked it so I remember the ingredients.

Do you usually have mascarpone with bananas? I just tried it for the first time, without anything, and it needs...something. Maybe berries?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Cheese bowl.

I like it. Beautiful pictures, too. I need to try your bacon salad.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Wow that salad looks delicious! I bookmarked it so I remember the ingredients.

Do you usually have mascarpone with bananas? I just tried it for the first time, without anything, and it needs...something. Maybe berries?
    HI Zee
    You're relatively new to PB?

When I first started, I "needed" something added to my Mascarpone. I had a sweet tooth (some here would argue that I still do ) I "needed" to add a drop (or 2) of maple syrup AND some fruit (my fav fruit is frozen raspberries). Gradually, very gradually, I reduced my sweetener until now I can put Mascarpone on my banana "muffin" (banana, egg, and 2 Tbsp Macadamia Nut Butter. Mixed and microwaved for 1 min) and it tastes like icing! I can (and do) eat it plain, but now I think I add a little fruit out of habit, gives it a bit of colour The other day I mixed a little Macadania nut butter with the Mascarpone. Ooh, you should try the "caramel sauce" I tried last week! Perfect extrat "something" I'll see if I can find the link.

Found it. My post #3529
    Link caramel sauce
    I didn't add the sweetener. It didn't need it.
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-27-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: found link
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

38 DAYS!

Sunday

I downloaded and installed Mountain Lion on my MacBook Pro this morning. Couldn't remember my Apple ID during the instalation. That was fun...

We went out for "brunch" today for my MIL's upcoming 85th birthday. Buffet breakfast. It was ok. After brunch, Daughter and I went into London shopping. I bought a really cute pair of rubber boots. Yeah, I know, NEVER thought I'd ever use that phrase (They were on sale!) I thought I might take them to Paris? In case it rains? Daughter bought these Steve Madden boots. They were also on sale. I wanted a black pair, but they didn't have any my size Oh well, I can wear my Daughter's tan ones Then we went to the Apple store and Daughter bought an iPad2! (I desperately want an iPad...) We got home in time for supper. We ate quickly and as soon as we finished, I drove University Son to the train station and then went to a visitation. (I didn't know the man who died. His mother plays in my band)

Foods
    9:30 - Chai with whipping cream
    11 - Walnut oil shot
    12:30 - buffet brunch - I had fruit, scrambled eggs and bacon
    6:00 - roast chicken, sauteed mushrooms, olives (I ate so fast I didn't see the sweet potato until too late)
    6:15 - a Chai with whipping cream in the car

I DIDN'T have a slice of the fresh apple pie that my Farmer made!
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-27-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: fixed boot link
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    HI Zee
    You're relatively new to PB?

When I first started, I "needed" something added to my Mascarpone. I had a sweet tooth (some here would argue that I still do ) I "needed" to add a drop (or 2) of maple syrup AND some fruit (my fav fruit is frozen raspberries). Gradually, very gradually, I reduced my sweetener until now I can put Mascarpone on my banana "muffin" (banana, egg, and 2 Tbsp Macadamia Nut Butter. Mixed and microwaved for 1 min) and it tastes like icing! I can (and do) eat it plain, but now I think I add a little fruit out of habit, gives it a bit of colour The other day I mixed a little Macadania nut butter with the Mascarpone. Ooh, you should try the "caramel sauce" I tried last week! Perfect extrat "something" I'll see if I can find the link.

Found it. My post #3529
    Link caramel sauce
    I didn't add the sweetener. It didn't need it.
    Yes I have only been following this WOE for about two months. I had mascarpone with mixed frozen berries after posting this, heated in the microwave a bit. Super!! Along with a few pieces of bacon and a cup of tea, I wasn't hungry for hours!

Thanks for the caramel link. I will definitely have to try that.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Winencandy, HOW are you going to fit RAINBOOTS into your luggage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Winencandy, HOW are you going to fit RAINBOOTS into your luggage?

idk

I NEVER said I packed light!

Right now, I think there are about 4? pairs of footwear I'm trying to decide between...it's just SO hard!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

37 DAYS!

Monday

No busses in the whole school board district today. Fog and icy conditions. I was going to go for my 1st day walking at the local gym this morning, but I stayed home instead. I did walk out to the barns twice with my Butterflies and I almost slipped doing that!

I walked out to the barn to check on my Farmer. He'd come in and said "I'm going up into the top of the old barn to replace some boards and cut out some of the second floor. If I don't come in at lunch time, check on me" Yikes! Of course I didn't wait till noon to check on him! I took the Butterflies out for a walk to the barn:

What I saw walking into the barn:

Looking up, looking way up at the repaired wall:

The log beam in the lower left corner is way above my head.

He was still working, so I figured he was safe, for a while, but lumber was falling and I didn't think it was safe for the Butterflies (who were actually listening to me and staying with me as beams were crashing down).

I made hard boiled eggs and had this for lunch:

Last edited by winencandy; 01-28-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added info
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Monday part 2

We went out again later in the afternoon, to see what he'd done:

This was from lunchtime:

Notice the window, and the missing floor/ceiling beams?

Here's what he did:

He cut a door in the wall so he could put the trailer in to load wood for our wood stove.
    Another view (from outside):

Notice the cleanly cut beams on the second story:

He IS going to put a door on it:

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy