Page 359 of 415 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 359

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    41 Days

I've made some "minor adjustments" to my foods and it seems to be working. 142 today!!! A FAR cry from my personal Q and only 3 lbs from my all time PB low!!!

I haven't been writing it down, but maybe I should, so I can look back if/when I forget what I'm doing. So, food journal time again (for a few days), but I'm NOT using a calorie counter!

Today's Eats

9:30 - Chai with whipping cream
    12:30 - leftover spaghetti meat sauce with an avocado, lime juice, cheese, and 5 olives, a coconut oil/macadamia nut/butter heart
    3:00 - a "shot" of walnut oil (yeah, I've been reading that thread)
    5:00 - a can of club soda and a spoonful(?) of sunflower seeds while cutting up a sweet potato
    6:00 - a "curry" made with left over turkey, spices, onions, peppers, tomatoes, Greek yogurt and 2 scoops of spiced sweet potato
    6:30 - Spearmint tea

And of course, no alcohol, no sugar
    (I'm NOT counting the tiny bit that was probably in the store bought spaghetti sauce)

~~~~~~

Cold again today, Daughter's car wouldn't start so she took my Beetle to school. I had to take a truck to my H.I Student's place in the morning. Laundry in the afternoon, which means stairs. Sitting on my wicked wicked bumper again this evening. This is becoming a very very bad habit.

I'm debating joining a small local "gym" for Feb. Just to use their treadmill, before my trip.

I weighed my Olympus camera and the few things I would like to carry around in my day bag for our trip, including a water bottle. Guess how much?? 5 lbs! I'm going to put a 5 lb weight in my bag and carry that while I walk on the treadmill.

What else...my hair is finally long enough to put up in a twist with a hair stick! I leave a curly "poof" out at the top
    Of course I've only practiced this at home, I have yet to wear it up out in public.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Oh yes. Hubby brought me a Hermes scarf when he had a stopover on Paris a few years ago on business (classic Hermes green & orange), and I had to go there myself when we were there. The array of choices is jawdropping. I finally selected a pink & blue one, with a scarf clip. Stupidly extravagant, but I decided I deserved it. They included a "deck" of cards in a lovely little box showing numerous ways to tie/wear the scarves, with step by step instructions on how to make the folds. Of course, I also picked up some pretty silky (but not silk) scarves from some little shop at 3 for 10 euros.
    Oh man...winencandy leaves MDA to locate the Hermes store on a Google map...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Oh man...winencandy leaves MDA to locate the Hermes store on a Google map...
    Our flat was 5 min from the Louvre, and we walked to Hermes in about 30 min or so. A ton of designer shops on that same street. All the big names.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    41 Days

I weighed my Olympus camera and the few things I would like to carry around in my day bag for our trip, including a water bottle. Guess how much?? 5 lbs! I'm going to put a 5 lb weight in my bag and carry that while I walk on the treadmill.
    This is a good idea.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    oh man, 41 days. Am totally jealous. I've got NO international travel booked at all at the mo... although I confess I looked at flights yesterday to Fiji in May when the fireman and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary since we met! That would be nice.

I personally dont see what all the fuss is over Hermes and scarves. Not much of a scarf wearer though I have to say.

I'm having a wee smile to myself about you growing your hair. It always makes me laugh that we grow our hair so we can put it up so that it looks short again!

I like the idea of the 5lb weight while doing the treadmill, good thinkning batman.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I adore Hermes scarves! I only have one. I bought it years and years ago at duty free in Brussels. They used to have a magnificent shop just for crew - it was a trailer on the ramp, prices about 1/3 of regular. I wish I had bought more. I have often thought of framing it and hanging it on the wall. Hmmm. Might be a new project.

One reason why I like having long hair is the ability to just put it up -so easy. When I had shorter hair, it was too flat on one side or too flat all over or sticking up or something. I have some little metal spiral things that are very easy to use and hold better than anything I have ever used. Got them at Rite-Aid.

I am ridiculously jealous of your trip! Or should I say I wish I had something planned. I could just go, of course. Don't have anyone I particularly want to travel with at the moment. A couple of friends who are fun to travel with are too broke at the moment. I am also wanting to go to Rio and spent a lot of time eating their wonderful grilled meats.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    oh man, 41 days. Am totally jealous. I've got NO international travel booked at all at the mo... although I confess I looked at flights yesterday to Fiji in May when the fireman and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary since we met! That would be nice.
    Yes, it would. You should go!
    I've never been to Fiji

I personally dont see what all the fuss is over Hermes and scarves. Not much of a scarf wearer though I have to say.
    I guess you either are or you're not

I'm having a wee smile to myself about you growing your hair. It always makes me laugh that we grow our hair so we can put it up so that it looks short again!
    Hehe, I rarely put it up. Even when I had waist length hair I rarely wore it up. (I was pregnant and it was pin straight)

I like the idea of the 5lb weight while doing the treadmill, good thinkning batman.
    Thanks, occasionally I get good ideas
    Of course, the alternative is NOT taking the heavy/good camera...

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I adore Hermes scarves! I only have one. I bought it years and years ago at duty free in Brussels. They used to have a magnificent shop just for crew - it was a trailer on the ramp, prices about 1/3 of regular. I wish I had bought more. I have often thought of framing it and hanging it on the wall. Hmmm. Might be a new project.
    I was looking at their website - I will probably only ever own one too

One reason why I like having long hair is the ability to just put it up -so easy. When I had shorter hair, it was too flat on one side or too flat all over or sticking up or something. I have some little metal spiral things that are very easy to use and hold better than anything I have ever used. Got them at Rite-Aid.
    I have some of those too!

I am ridiculously jealous of your trip! Or should I say I wish I had something planned. I could just go, of course. Don't have anyone I particularly want to travel with at the moment. A couple of friends who are fun to travel with are too broke at the moment. I am also wanting to go to Rio and spent a lot of time eating their wonderful grilled meats.
    I'm getting very excited!
    Oh, I've never been to Rio either
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

40 Days!

I went shopping in London with my sister today. Chiropractor visit, (she gave me the OK to walk on a treadmill! No incline) I returned a few items, bought some groceries (avocado oil and 2 Tamarillos), and some new dog beds (I'd thrown the old ones out the other day) After supper my sister came over and I helped her download the latest version of iTunes and sync her daughter's iPod. Yes. Really.

Foods
    9:30 - Chai with whipping cream
    12:00 - Mall Chicken Shawarma and salad
    3:30 - a few slices of an Asian pear in the car
    5:30 - 3 Brazil nuts and a few Macadamia nuts
    6:00 - Chicken, sweet potato, carrots, brussel sprouts, olives. I didn't eat all of my veggies, but I still had dessert: a tamarillo cut up on 2 spoonfuls of Mascarpone. The tamarillo tasted VERY bitter I pitched it in the compost...but I ate the Mascarpone!

After I took the photo, I added some shaved Parmesan on top

Josie fell asleep beside me, She looked SO cute, I took a photo

No oil shot today, wondering if I should skip it or take it?
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-24-2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Forgot about the Tamarillo
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Friday

It snowed ALL day today!
    We had an apt. in another town with our "Money Person". Reviewing, reinvesting, investing, signing about a bajillon papers. Then my Farmer took me "out" for lunch. Laundry/housework when I got home. University Son is coming home for the weekend, my Farmer's gone to pick him up from the train station. Daughter is at the movies with her friends.

Surfer Son and his friends are sick

Foods
    10 - Chai with whipping cream
    12 - 4 egg sausage and cheese omlette, a few hashbrowns (they were too salty)
    2:30 - walnut oil shot
    4 - 3 Brazil nuts, about 6 Macadamia nuts
    6 - 4 cheese, bacon and pesto stuffed mushroom caps, sweet potato fries, an avocado with lime, 6 pan fried perch fillets

Too much time spent on the internet this evening. Again.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    39 Days!

Saturday

Um, I didn't accomplish very much today. I put a coconut oil/conditioner/caster oil "treatment" on my hair. I surfed the web instead of marking my HI Student's work. I had to walk out to the barn to find something. BRRRRRR!! I felt kinda sick/blah this afternoon along with a slight headache. This evening will be spent in my recliner with a blanket and my Mac on my lap.

Foods
    9:30 - Walnut oil shot
    10:30 - Chai with whipping cream
    12:30 - bacon, avocado, tomato, cheese, lime juice & avocado oil salad

3:30 - 3 tea spoonfuls of Mascarpone with a baby banana

9 - a cheese "bowl" Brie, Blue, shaved Parmesan, 3 Brazil nuts, a sprinkling of sliced almonds, dried cranberries, and dried mango

I wasn't really hungry, but I had all these awesome cheeses calling to me

Better than chocolate and wine, I guess.
    Speaking of which, another sticker for today!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy