Page 357 of 415 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 357

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Taught again today! That's 4 days in a row! Another easy day.

It's Friday and I did NOT want wine!
    I didn't even think about it...
    Another sticker for winencandy

I'm on my Mac again. I spend every evening online. I really need to change this. There are SO many things I want/should/need to do instead of sitting on my wicked wicked bumper every evening. I have all these ideas, but I never seem to DO anything with them...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    Good practice for La Tour Eiffel, I believe there are 700 steps to the second platform there. Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    700??
    Yikes!
    Ahh, but the views are incredible, and it takes about as long to climb the stairs as it does to wait in the line for the elevator...so don't fret, it will be a wonderfully primal experience!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    Ahh, but the views are incredible, and it takes about as long to climb the stairs as it does to wait in the line for the elevator...so don't fret, it will be a wonderfully primal experience!!!
    I can't wait!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Saturday
    I went into London today, Novack's (an awesome, unique camping/travel/outdoors store) is closing tomorrow I HAD to go one more time. I bought some packing cubes, a silk pillowcase, some travel slippers (think really thin watershoes - kinda) and an orange Marmet t-shirt. (in total, I spent over $100) Then I stopped at the mall and it was sidewalk sales! I bought a few things. I was home by 3.

We are taking Surfer Son to the airport EARLY tomorrow morning. His flight to Peru leaves at 9:30 am and we live 2.5 hours from the airport...do the math...yeah, I'm going to bed REALLY soon!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Nice shopping finds! I love those sorts of stores. Great clothes for traveling. Typically rather expensive, so I try to wait for the big sales, unless there's something I really need.

Safe driving in the morning. I can't remember, is Surfer son's trip just for vacation, or is this part of a program or something else like that?

Home!

We left at 4:30 this morning, picking up the Girlfriend on the way. Hit terrible driving conditions around Kitchener - wind, snow, ice. It cleared up as we got close to the airport, about 7am. Surfer Son met his friends, they checked in ($125 fee for the surfboard!) and said their goodbyes and we left the airport at 9am. We hit the same horrible conditions on the way back. We finally arrived home at 11:45.

It's going to be a slow day today.

Greensprout: This is a "fun" trip. 72 days of surfing, backpacking, camping, hosteling, and exploring Peru.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

So you're finally getting a taste of winter? . About time.

That sounds like a great trip for Surfer son. My #1 is planning on a month in Europe after graduation. Belgium, Germany and maybe Switzerland? Hostels and Eurorail passes. I'm a little nervous about it, but what a great experience it could be. As long as he earns and saves the cash, I'll support the idea. At one point there was a gang planning to go, but now I think it's just him and one buddy. He's also looking at working and doing some other world travel next year rather than start university right away. Not a bad idea, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    So you're finally getting a taste of winter? . About time.
    It was -13 C today! Not fun. But I hear it's even colder for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    That sounds like a great trip for Surfer son. My #1 is planning on a month in Europe after graduation. Belgium, Germany and maybe Switzerland? Hostels and Eurorail passes. I'm a little nervous about it, but what a great experience it could be. As long as he earns and saves the cash, I'll support the idea. At one point there was a gang planning to go, but now I think it's just him and one buddy. He's also looking at working and doing some other world travel next year rather than start university right away. Not a bad idea, either.
    I understand about the nervousness It's good that he's going with someone else. (Much easier on the parents )
    I think, for some kids work and travel before university is a very good idea. Maybe Surfer Son should have done that instead of his year at college? But then he wouldn't have met the guys he's traveling with and probably wouldn't have gone...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Surfer Son's Girlfriend texted me at 7:30 am to tell me the surfers made it to the hostel last night at 11:30 with all their things.
    He messaged me around noon apologizing for taking so long to let me know they got there safe. I told him his Girlfriend told me early. He sent me a photo. Nice. He said it was crazy there, but they were finding out a lot of good info.

I spent some time removing the MOUNTAIN of dirty laundry from his bedroom. I've started on it, but it's going to take a while...

I had band practice tonight. It was so cold, I debated staying home, but I went. And enjoyed myself.

I have 1st Aid re-certification tomorrow in London.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I understand about the nervousness It's good that he's going with someone else. (Much easier on the parents )
    I think, for some kids work and travel before university is a very good idea. Maybe Surfer Son should have done that instead of his year at college? But then he wouldn't have met the guys he's traveling with and probably wouldn't have gone...
    True, but I suppose we need to let them go and live life eventually. I left home at 17 and never went back. Granted that was school and military, but still very young.

Surfer Son's Girlfriend texted me at 7:30 am to tell me the surfers made it to the hostel last night at 11:30 with all their things.
    He messaged me around noon apologizing for taking so long to let me know they got there safe.
    Peace of mind is a good thing.
    It was so cold, I debated staying home
    Seriously? At -13?? Sorry girl, no sympathy here. We have -43.