Page 355 of 415 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 355

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Jealous? It sounds like you've already "been there, done that"
    Well, yes, I was there, but I want to go BACK!! And I will, eventually. We had 3 days in Barcelona with the boys at the end of a cruise when I was on leave from Afghanistan. Stayed in a lovely boutique hotel 2 blocks from Las Ramblas. I was captivated by the city, and would so love to return eventually. I probably shouldn't tell you how good the sangria is there. And of course, you know about the Paris week 2 years ago. We will absolutely be back there. A week was not nearly long enough to do everything we wanted to do, though we did try! Oh, and son #1 had his 13th birthday in Barcelona, how cool is that??

How goes the research?

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    One important thing to research for Barcelona: tapas (or how they are called in Barcelona: pinxtos).
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    I had a headache yesterday as well, it's gone now. Not sure how I stumbled on this thread, but I would say the palace of Versailles is wonderful! Get ready for your vision to be overwhelmed with more things in a single room than you can possibly comprehend! After the first few rooms, the ones that followed were a blur for me.

My question is, how is it that you are able to use a garden hose in the middle of January in Ontario Canada?!?!

Cheers!
    Hi PBNewby!

I'm getting excited about the trip
    I'm researching Versailles right now.

HAHAHAHA! It was really warm on Sunday (for Jan in Ontario) 6 C
    We keep the hose in the basement, that way the water doesn't freeze in it.
    Bring up the hose, hook it up, spray the garage, drain the hose and drag it back in the basement.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Well, yes, I was there, but I want to go BACK!! And I will, eventually. We had 3 days in Barcelona with the boys at the end of a cruise when I was on leave from Afghanistan. Stayed in a lovely boutique hotel 2 blocks from Las Ramblas. I was captivated by the city, and would so love to return eventually. I probably shouldn't tell you how good the sangria is there. And of course, you know about the Paris week 2 years ago. We will absolutely be back there. A week was not nearly long enough to do everything we wanted to do, though we did try! Oh, and son #1 had his 13th birthday in Barcelona, how cool is that??

How goes the research?

Sounds awesome!

Research so far:
    My baggage allowance on Air France (Most important thing 1st!)
    The Arc de Triomphe
    And now I'm working on Versailles
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    One important thing to research for Barcelona: tapas (or how they are called in Barcelona: pinxtos).
    winencandy goes off on another internet research quest...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I worked today. 1st day since Christmas.
    So my Farmer had to take Kiya Kitty for her spay.

I bought more macadamia nut butter. Greensprout, I don't know if I should thank you or not for the microwave banana brownie muffin recipe or not! I don't add the cocoa and it almost tastes like banana bread...

Guess what I added to my banana muffin?? After it was "baked" in the microwave and cooled, I put Mascarpone on top. O.M.G. It was almost like eating a cupcake with icing! (But not sweet)

MORE TRAVEL NEWS!!

Guess who's going to SCOTLAND in JULY!!!

My niece is getting married.
    Although we'd love to take the kids, there's no way we can afford to take all 4, so it's just us
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I bought more macadamia nut butter. Greensprout, I don't know if I should thank you or not for the microwave banana brownie muffin recipe or not! I don't add the cocoa and it almost tastes like banana bread...
    You're welcome? I haven't tried it without the cocoa, but can imagine it would be like banana bread. I added walnut to the one I did last night and it was a fabulous touch.

Guess what I added to my banana muffin?? After it was "baked" in the microwave and cooled, I put Mascarpone on top. O.M.G. It was almost like eating a cupcake with icing! (But not sweet)
    I did that too! It's rather amazing. Hubby thought so too.

MORE TRAVEL NEWS!!

Guess who's going to SCOTLAND in JULY!!!
    Ok, really jealous now. That sounds amazing. And even more so with only the 2 of you going!!

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Hi PBNewby!
    HAHAHAHA! It was really warm on Sunday (for Jan in Ontario) 6 C
    I am jealous! Today was the first day above -10C since last Friday (4 days).

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Scotland and Ireland are both on my "to visit" list!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

You're welcome? I haven't tried it without the cocoa, but can imagine it would be like banana bread. I added walnut to the one I did last night and it was a fabulous touch.
    Oohh, nuts! That does sound good.
    Today I added Cacao Nibs. I'd do it again.

I did that too! It's rather amazing. Hubby thought so too.
    Great minds and all that...

Ok, really jealous now. That sounds amazing. And even more so with only the 2 of you going!!
    I'm really excited about that too. Of course there will be an extended group of about 15? going from Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    I am jealous! Today was the first day above -10C since last Friday (4 days).
    Brrrr.
    Here it was 1 C today.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Scotland and Ireland are both on my "to visit" list!
    They have been on my list FOREVER!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy