Page 354 of 415 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 354

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Back to the malaria pills for Surfer son, that's a hard one. I could see getting a 30 or 40 day supply if that's more comfortable for the both of you. But if things change for his itinerary, and he has less than he should, it may be difficult to obtain more locally. If you're taking him to a travel health clinic, you should discuss your concerns with the staff. As far as I know, I have no effects from having taken them for about 8 weeks straight. This is all a very personal decision, of which I have my own opinions, which are different from a lot of others on this board. I'm staying far away from the "flu vaccine?" thread for that reason.
    Yeah, we're still debating it. Of course, he leaves next Sunday, so we'll have to make up our mind soon...

Interesting quote, there must be a reason it popped back into your head. I had a good chuckle at your comment about questioning your perception of reality...once upon a time I worked in psychiatry...
    Part of the reason:
    He said/she said. Some stuff that came up at the play's post production meeting. Stuff I'm not going to get into here.

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Orbie had her spay today. Didn't slow her down any. She hopped up on a chair while I was cutting up some venison for the animals and she reached over and swiped a piece, brought it to her mouth and ran into the basement with it!

I made hearts today: coconut oil/butter/macadamia nut butter/unsweetened cocoa/unsweetened coconut/cacao nibs
    (why is powdered cocoa spelled differently from cacao nibs??? - I checked the packages)

"Lunch" today was 2 large spoonfuls of mascarpone cheese, a large spoonful of macadamia nut butter, with the leftover caramel sauce on top...O. M. G!!!!!!

Peameal bacon and eggs for supper. I was going to have more mascarpone cheese, but I waited a bit after supper and I don't want it now. Maybe later...

I did have a heart.

No wine, no sugar!
    Another sticker day for winencandy!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

We got our itinerary for France and Spain!

3 nights in Paris
    Tour highlights include:Arc du Triomphe, Versailles, Château de Versailles, Opera Garnier, Sacre Coeur Basilica, Trocadero Gardens, Musée du Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, 3rd tier of the Eiffel Tower, Bateaux Parisian cruise on the Seine.
    (I asked about Pere Lachaise Cemetery, and one of the teachers said we can try)

The high speed train to Nimes for a 2 night stay.
    Highlights include: Pont du Gard, the Amphitheatre, La Maison Caree, Avignon, Palais des Papes, Pont St. Benezet.

Carcassonne for 1 night (where Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves was filmed)

Barcelona for 2 nights
    Tour highlights include: Sagrada Familia, La Rambla, Bari Gothica, Parc Guell, Poble Espanol de Montjuic, Flamenco Show at Tablao de Carmen

winencandy goes off to research a few things
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yes versaille is a must I think. And when you are at Notre Dame think of me and the fireman getting engaged on a nice balmy evening with it all lit up and a busker playing music while we were watching the boats on the river from the bridge

We climbed the stairs to the eiffel tower to the first level.... we couldnt be bothered queueing and it was much cheaper. I went to the toilet in the Louvre but didnt see anything else there. For me of course a highlight of our trip was a visit to the champagne region , Reims, and visiting the Mumm caves - tip - everything closes at noon until 2 so plan accordingly.

hmmm yes thinking about you visiting paris is bringing back memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    yes versaille is a must I think. And when you are at Notre Dame think of me and the fireman getting engaged on a nice balmy evening with it all lit up and a busker playing music while we were watching the boats on the river from the bridge
    Nice

We climbed the stairs to the eiffel tower to the first level.... we couldnt be bothered queueing and it was much cheaper. I went to the toilet in the Louvre but didnt see anything else there.
    Ha!

For me of course a highlight of our trip was a visit to the champagne region , Reims, and visiting the Mumm caves - tip - everything closes at noon until 2 so plan accordingly.

hmmm yes thinking about you visiting paris is bringing back memories.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I've had a headache ALL DAY

And Surfer Son's girlfriend has a surprise birthday party planned for him tonight.

Here.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Hope you survive the party intact.

Ah, Paris. It was amazing. My avatar pic is on top of Notre Dame, with gargoyles in the background. You could spend a whole week in the Louvre. Sacre Couer is fabulous too. We went to the top of Tour Eiffel, and I was seriously freaked out at the height. Despite being enclosed by a cage, I felt I had to hold on with every step. In Barcelona, La Sagrada Famila is completely awe inspiring, and Las Ramblas is over the top. The market is something I would kill to have anywhere near me, you will be enthralled by the human statues all along the street. I'm seriously jealous.

Hope you survive the party intact.
    They had a good time.
    There was a cake and ice cream "fight".
    No damage, the party was in our garage.
    Surfer Son's Girlfriend is coming at 11 to help clean up.

After driving the last 2 friends home, I got to bed at 2am.
    I still have my headache.

Ah, Paris. It was amazing. My avatar pic is on top of Notre Dame, with gargoyles in the background. You could spend a whole week in the Louvre. Sacre Couer is fabulous too. We went to the top of Tour Eiffel, and I was seriously freaked out at the height. Despite being enclosed by a cage, I felt I had to hold on with every step. In Barcelona, La Sagrada Famila is completely awe inspiring, and Las Ramblas is over the top. The market is something I would kill to have anywhere near me, you will be enthralled by the human statues all along the street. I'm seriously jealous.
    Jealous? It sounds like you've already "been there, done that"
    (I didn't know that was where your avatar was taken)

I'm SO looking forward to this trip!
    I think I'll have to spend a day researching each stop on our trip!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

My headache's gone.
    The garage is clean (we needed garbage bags, a garden hose and 3 brooms)

My Butterflies have dry itchy skin

I've started my Paris research. If I research one place every other day, I should have looked at them all before we leave! (If I look at them all at once, I will forget/confuse facts - NO, I'm NOT getting old!)

I have 7 stickers!!!!

In a row!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    I had a headache yesterday as well, it's gone now. Not sure how I stumbled on this thread, but I would say the palace of Versailles is wonderful! Get ready for your vision to be overwhelmed with more things in a single room than you can possibly comprehend! After the first few rooms, the ones that followed were a blur for me.

My question is, how is it that you are able to use a garden hose in the middle of January in Ontario Canada?!?!

Cheers!
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug