Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 353

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Several ways, depending on my time

A pre-made Chai bag
    A pre-made Chai loose mix from a tea store
    or if I have time, from scratch:
    tea bags, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, star ansie, peppercorns, ginger root, nutmeg...umm, I think that's all. I gotta check my spice cupboard to be sure Anyway, combine and boil in a pot. Add cream and honey to cup.

Although I'm not doing honey for 18 more days...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    For Surfer son, I'd personally get them both. Of course, as a nurse, I've been fully vaccinated and so have my kids (though I'm still on the fence about gardasil for teen boys).

I've had the Yellow Fever vaccine several times over my military career as a requirement, it is good for 10 years, and is definitely needed for cross border travel from areas where the disease is endemic. Can't be given to people with an egg allergy. And there is a period of a week or 2 from when the vaccine is administered before it becomes effective, don't remember offhand exactly how long. After effects are localized soreness and redness, and potentially but infrequently feeling a bit under the weather for a couple of days, but the last time I had it I had no issues.

I also took Malaria prophylaxis the whole duration I was in Haiti 3 years ago. I'd recommend it unless he is only going to be in the cities and highly populated areas, otherwise, risk increases when going out into nature and obviously the jungle areas, especially if he is staying in rural places. There are several options, I used Malarone, which has fewer side effects than many of the others. One pill daily. Some people had GI upset, but it was better when taken with food. The only thing I noted was unusually vivid dreams, often of a racy nature. But then again, was the content more related to the fact that I was away from home for 2 months?

Your call, but that's my personal 2 cents worth. Oh, perhaps a nickle, as the penny is to be no longer.

Thanks Greensprout.

I think you are right.
    He thinks they might be in the Yellow Fever/Malaria area for about 2 weeks, but they really have no plans.

I think he should have the Yellow Fever, just in case their travel plans change.

I guess we are debating if he should just take the Malaria pills when he's heading north to the Malaria prone areas (and for the following week after they leave) instead of taking them for the full 80 days.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Orbie kitty is just finishing her heat cycle.
    Kiya kitty just started!

One's going in for her spay tomorrow, the other is going on Tuesday.
    I guess Orbie's going 1st.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I gave myself a sticker again last night

I no longer weigh my personal version of Q!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

It's Surfer Son's 21st birthday today.

I thought about chocolate a couple times today, but I didn't NEED it.

My chiropractor (I always spell that wrong) is away till Monday. She hasn't been in since before Christmas.
    My back NEEDS to see her.

I FINALLY got the phone call for Daughter to see the surgeon (I always spell this word wrong too) on Monday!

Kiya is LOUDER than Orbie...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    i gave myself a sticker again last night

i no longer weigh my personal version of q!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!yay!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried this caramel sauce tonight with a baked apple and cinnamon. I didn't add the sweetener, it didn't need it.

It's a keeper!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

“We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.” ― Ana´s Nin.

This has been floating around in my mind for the past few days.
    Making me question my perception of reality.
    Do I see things as they really are???

(I didn't just discover this quote, but it has "resurfaced" to the top of my mind in the last few days)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I looked at the caramel sauce link, I'll have to try that one, maybe this weekend if I remember to buy cream!

Back to the malaria pills for Surfer son, that's a hard one. I could see getting a 30 or 40 day supply if that's more comfortable for the both of you. But if things change for his itinerary, and he has less than he should, it may be difficult to obtain more locally. If you're taking him to a travel health clinic, you should discuss your concerns with the staff. As far as I know, I have no effects from having taken them for about 8 weeks straight. This is all a very personal decision, of which I have my own opinions, which are different from a lot of others on this board. I'm staying far away from the "flu vaccine?" thread for that reason.

Interesting quote, there must be a reason it popped back into your head. I had a good chuckle at your comment about questioning your perception of reality...once upon a time I worked in psychiatry...