Page 349 of 415 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 349

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lmao!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Um, I'm going to blame it on being "fat adapted"
    Cause I wasn't hungry all day,
    About 4, I thought I should maybe eat something so I had ct a slice of cheddar and had a couple bites of leftover chicken.
    Not nearly enough.

People started arriving about 4:30
    There was wine consumed.
    At about 6pm we dressed warmly and climbed into the wagon for a tractor ride to the bush.
    I made a full thermos of Chai, whipping cream and Kaluha - I shared it with my BIL
    We rode out to the bush, walked through the bush to a clearing where my Farmer had a bonfire going in a steel barrel.
    More beverages were consumed.

We rode back to the house. I changed into a really cute dress that I'd bought for last New Years Eve, but never wore, and we started supper. (Super lasted all evening - till at least 11:30) We had 3 homemade soups, a black bean soup (made with beans that my Farmer grew), a hamburger soup and a Mexican chicken/corn soup, we had veggies, an antipasto tray, nachoes and dip, beef ribs, chicken wings, and more wine.

There were 12 people there for the start of supper, but the group grew to 17 before we finished. Around 11ish? I was taking Josie back upstairs from her trip outside (she doesn't do well with loud groups of people) When we got to our bedroom, my bed was calling me. I thought a short nap sounded like the best idea in the world That's when I missed the Brie...

A couple of my friends came up to tell me that it was almost midnight. I said I'd be right down.

I missed the opening of the sparkling wine, and the toasts, but made it down in time to wish everyone a Happy New Years before going back to bed.

About 3 am, I was dreaming about water so I got up and had a few glasses.
    We finally got up about 10 ish today.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

This morning was spent washing wine glasses

Then we made MORE food, packed everything up and left at 1:30 for an extended family gathering about 1 1/2 hours away.
    We got home about an hour ago.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thought I'd start a hard ass, reboot today.
    Too much chocolate left in the house.
    However, I left the wine alone.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Thought I'd start a hard ass, reboot today.
    Too much chocolate left in the house.
    However, I left the wine alone.
    It's a good start .

Happy New Year!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    i'm just curious about the hard arse reboot... did you eat the chocolate or throw it away.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    did you eat the chocolate or throw it away.
    Okay, Suse, HOW long have you known Winencandy? We know the answer to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    It's a good start .

Happy New Year!
    Thanks.
    You too!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    i'm just curious about the hard arse reboot... did you eat the chocolate or throw it away.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!
    It was/is a dark chocolate Toblerone!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Okay, Suse, HOW long have you known Winencandy? We know the answer to that!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Today was "Return Day"
    Everything but one item returned.
    Then I went shopping.
    2 shirts, some tea stuff, some art stuff.

After supper I went to a local camera Club meeting. It was OK. We watched some slide shows and then played with homemade light boxes. I compared shots with my iPhone and my Olympus. The exercise reminded me of the importance of White Balance.

Greensprout: I bought tapioca flour, guess what I'm making tomorrow...
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-03-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Greensprout: I bought tapioca flour, guess what I'm making tomorrow...
    Holy crap, be prepared for a mouthgasm .

Just be prepared to share! Too easy to stash away. And since I don't have a stand mixer, I used my food processor with the dough blade. It does make the most amazingly sticky dough that I've ever encountered, but apparently that's normal. And I used melted butter in place of the vegetable oil. Ghee would probably be good too.

Good luck! Son #2 took care of the last 4 small ones filled with tuna & shredded cheddar yesterday afternoon.