Page 335 of 415 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 335

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Both +
    So Debauchary visited you. Get rid of Remorse and move on to Resolve!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Wine or gummy bears?
    This made me laugh!
    That's twice in a row Em!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    So Debauchary visited you. Get rid of Remorse and move on to Resolve!
    Yeah, the Ugh was refering to the horrible way I felt in the morning
    I have moved on.

Resolve is always strong in the morning...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Friday

I had to bath my Butterflies 1st thing in the morning. They were scratching ALL night long. During their baths I found 4 fleas on Lily and 3 on Josie. All that scratching for a few fleas

That was fun, bending over the tub...

Then I went to the Theatre and helped finish the set construction. I was there from 10 - 3! There was only 3 of us, but we got a lot done Lunch wasn't the best, grocery store fried chicken and fries and veggie sushi (I picked out the tofu) I left the theatre at 3 raced home, changed and we were picked up by friends and drove into London. Our friends' son bought a house that he wants to fix up and sell. He wanted my Farmer's opinion on some construction ideas. I had a Wildberry Vodka cooler and then 2 glasses of wine as we toured his house. We were getting ready to leave for supper when we had to wait for the son's friend to show up. That is when I got into the gummy bears. Two handfuls

We went here for supper. My Farmer and I shared the Smoki-N-Good platter for two. It was very good, but there was probably flour in the potato wedges (they had a coating on them) and who knows what kind of oil. They bring the ribs "dry" and give you 7 different sauces (in squirt bottles) to add to meats. Of course I had to try them all (I'm sure there were sugars and oils in the sauces) I also had 2 glasses of wine...

THEN, on the way OUT of London, we stopped at $tarbucks and I had a Grande Chai Latte!!

Go big or stay home...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Saturday

It will surprise no one when I say that I felt horrible this morning

We left home at 8 am and drove to Western University for a campus tour. I ate the last piece of quiche before we left and had a Bengal Spice Tea on the way to London. During the tour we were given a free small soft frozen yogurt. We left the university at 1:30 and stopped at Wendy's for lunch. I had a 1/2 size Apple Pecan Chicken salad.

I had wine while I was making supper. (big surprise) Surfer Son showed up with his Girlfriend at 5. Supper was chili, so we threw in an extra lb of hamburger. Cabbage salad, cucumbers, chili, grated cheese, guacamole, with a mango for dessert.

This evening will probably be spent on the couch.
    Last edited by winencandy; 11-18-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: I spelled Saturday wrong
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    This made me laugh!
    That's twice in a row Em!.
    I aim to please.

Sisters:

and the power of the sun:

yes, that is frost in the greenhouse shadow...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I just ate some Brie, almonds and dark chocolate chips
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Yes, inquiring minds want to know about the oil cleansing. My swimming habit is leaving me scaly and itchy, despite my practically drowning myself in body oil afterwards.
    Okay, ladies, apologies for the delay.

I've been hearing about this on the Balanced Bites podcasts, and I think there was some discussion of this on the forums a long while back. Go to Cleansing, redefined. | Cave Girl Eats, with further elaboration here: The Oil Cleansing Method - A simple, cleansing facial massage for clear skin!. Basically, you use castor oil with a carrier oil (I'm using grapeseed oil) as a nighttime cleanser. Works amazingly well. If still feeling like it's needed after wiping off, I put on some jojoba oil as a moisturizer. In the morning in the shower, simply rinse with water and then apply daytime moisturizer. Cavegirleats recommends using a microfibre cloth rather than a regular facecloth, I picked up some microfibre kitchen cloths which seem to be perfect, and cheap too. At Homesense, for those in Canada.

All makeup is removed very well, mascara included. Also recommended us using a smidge of baking soda as an exfoliant if needed in the morning, just rub a bit over required areas before the shower, then rinse off. It seems to be doing wonders.

I found both the castor oil and grapeseed oil at a natural food store, reasonable priced. You titrate the ratios of the oils based on whether your skin is more oily, dry, or inbetween. Thus far, after 2 weeks, I'm convinced.

Thanks Greensprout, I'll check out the links. I've started listening to Balanced Bites, but I'm only on episode 8
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Sunday

I was up at 8! Fried egg and 3 bacon slices.

We went for a walk out in the field with the Butterflies. 6 deer ran across the field in front of us! The dogs didn't see them, but when we got to their trail, Lily found it and was off! She ignored my calls I followed her, picked her up and carried her back. She wanted down, I said "too bad,so sad. If you don't come when I call, you don't get to walk"

We planted TONS of flower bulbs. My Farmer dug the holes and I planted them. Tulips, Daffodols, Hyacinths, and Crocuses. We took down the cornstalks and tossed the pumpkins in the field. By then it was noon and my back was done.

Lunch was a cucumber, zucchini, bacon, feta and olive salad.

I made some more props for the play in the afternoon, started some beef stock and then did some boring house cleaning.

I had a couple glasses of wine. Supper was a roast beef in the crock pot, squash, broccoli, and a mango.

(Don't tell Gay Panda) I watched Breaking Dawn part 1 after supper...
    while watching it, I ate a small bowl of cranberries, sliced almonds and dark chocolate chips
    Last edited by winencandy; 11-18-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: snacks
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy