Page 326 of 415 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4142

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 326

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I forgot,
    On the way home from the interview I stopped at an indoor track (in an arena)
    I changed and walked a lap and then walked up and down all the stairs around the arena, followed by another lap up top.
    I was going to do another stair lap, but I did something to my knee and it hurt while doing the stairs the second lap.
    So I quit.

Last edited by winencandy; 10-23-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: my i sticks...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    All I can say is "been there, done that..."

Sucks about the job interview. Really.

I love your greenhouse! You're going to have a lot of planning for spring!

And that's a "pen"? More like a butterfly acreage Lucky doggies.
    Thanks Greensprout
    I'm beginning to think I'm not meant to be a teacher...
    Although I did talk to someone the other day who'd been on the supply list for 9 years...

Right now I'm trying to convince my Farmer to NOT tear down the greenhouse.
    I know. Farmer. Greenhouse. You'd think it wouldn't be an issue...
    He's worried about weeds.

By the time I'm done, the pen will be 3x that size

Spoiled little Butterflies

But the alternatives: coyotes, raccoons, skunks, possums (I saw one of those in my lane yesterday!) and the highway...
    these are all not acceptable...
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-23-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: stupid i
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I forgot,
    On the way home from the interview I stopped at an indoor track (in an arena)
    I changed and walked a lap and then walked up and down all the stairs around the arena, followed by another lap up top.
    I was going to do another stair lap, but I did something to my knee and it hurt while doing the stairs the second lap.
    So I quit.

Hope your knee feels better soon!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    A bottle a day was considered the right amount for health during the Georgian era.

You're almost there!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Hope your knee feels better soon!
    Thanks, my knee is better. My daughter's...not so much...
    Of course, my back still sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    A bottle a day was considered the right amount for health during the Georgian era.

You're almost there!
    Ha!
    I don't think that's a goal I should aspire to meet...
    just sayin'
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Wednesday

I'm going to be working with a new Home Instruction Student. I met him and his mother in the morning and then stopped at the High School and talked with several teachers and the VP.

Lunch:

After lunch (on the VP's suggestion) I went back to the school to talk to the teacher that is teaching the same subject as my Home Instruction Student. The VP suggested I ask for some lessons. The teacher was quite blunt and rude and said "Why should I give you any content? If you don't know how to teach it, you shouldn't have gotten the job." So I told the VP what he said. The VP was surprised.

Then I spent the afternoon on the combine.

Around 5 Farmer's friend came out to the field so I let him play with the combine and I walked home.

After supper:

Daughter had a band concert. She drove herself there early and I arrived in time for the concert.
    My Farmer kept combining.

Then Daughter and I headed into London for a 10:30 pm indoor soccer game. Yes, 10:30pm.
    We stopped at $tarbucks before the game.

That's Daughter wearing her new orange shoes.

There was an indoor track and I walked around it. For the lengths I walked up on the track and when I got to the ends I walked down the stairs and across the ends and then back up the stairs.

I walked from 10 to 11:15pm,when my Daughter got hurt on the field and had to be carried off!! She hurt her knee Her good knee. (2 years ago she'd tore her ACL playing soccer) They iced it and then had to carry her to the car. We called Surfer Son and he went to my parent's house and found the crutches in the garden shed and waited up for us to help bring her inside. Of course she had to shower and it was about 1am by the time I got to bed.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thursday

Was a beautiful warm day! 20C

Daughter couldn't put any weight on her foot, but she wanted to go to school in the morning, so I drove her in. I called the Fowler Kennedy Sports Clinic (where she went for her ACL repair) and left a message. I was supposed to supply teach from 11:30 - 2 so I made an early lunch (or late breakfast) at 10 (the same thing as Wednesday) I just finished eating when the clinic called me back and said they could see her at 1:15. I called the school and cancelled my supply job and txt'd my Daughter with the news.

Of course, we hadn't changed our OHIP or driver's license addresses yet, so we had to stop and do that first.

The doctors poked and moved her leg and X-rayed it. And they are not sure what's wrong. It could be one of two things. Either a patellar subluxation or an ACL tear. Oh boy. They want her to start physiotherapy and come back in 2 weeks for a reassessment when the swelling has gone down.

Daughter is understandably upset, but doesn't want to talk about it.

We stopped at my chiropractor's on the way home and my back felt awesome when I left her Before supper I sat out in the Butterfly pen with a glass (or 2) of wine.

Supper was leftover roast and roasted veggies. I took the Farmer's out to him on the combine on my way to play practice.

Someone brought gummy worms to play practice and the tub was sitting right in front of me

Guess what happened???

After practice I was invited to the local bar for a drink. I went. But I only had one glass of wine.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Friday

It's Eldest's birthday today!!!

Daughter's friend picked her up for school.
    I was a Farm Girl again this morning. Driving combine. In the cold drizzling rain. What a change from yesterday. At lunch time we stopped and SIL and BIL stopped at the barn and we talked for about a half hour. My back was starting to bother me standing on the cement floor in the barn. I kept shifting legs and tried raising one foot and then the other on a step. But it didn't help. By the time I got to the car my back was screwed again.

I went home and called the chiropractor, but she'd left for the day. So I laid on the floor with my legs bent up. It helps. A bit. I am SO TIRED of my stupid back

Lunch was the same as yesterday.

My Farmer stayed home and helped me! We unpacked all the dining room boxes and put the things away. Including my 18 wine glasses He carried laundry for me. Vacuumed the carpets for me

Oh AND while the Butterflies were out in their pen, they started barking like crazy and running around. I looked out and there was a raccoon sitting in the field about 15 feet away from their pen!! I thanked them for telling us and called them inside, telling them that it was a raccoon and we'd take care of it.

Well, my Farmer took care of it

Daughter iced her knee at school a couple of times today. She fell asleep when she got home. And tonight she went to the school Halloween dance. She was dressed like a cave girl with crutches. She can touch her foot to the floor now a little. She still doesn't want to "talk about it"
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-26-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

So, the news is full of storm predictions.

Sandy

Storm of the Century (again)

~~~~

My parents are on their sailboat in Great Bridge, VA (just past Norfolk)

They are about 10 miles inland and very sheltered. They are staying put for a few days.

They will keep us posted.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

So, because I was curious, I wrote down the number of views my thread had last night after my posts.

This morning at 10am the number was

~~~

119 people read my journal last night
    Wow
    That amazes me

Who are you?
    Please introduce yourselves, say Hi or something.

Of course, I'm guilty of the same.
    There are multiple journals I read but never comment on.
    And journals I read and comment on but would love to post more often...

It's dark, raining and 6C out this morning and my back still hurts and the cleaning fairy didn't do last night's supper dishes...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy