Page 323 of 412 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 323

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Swinging by briefly to say hi. Skunks, raccoons, and TICKS? AAAGH! I think the first two out of three are cute, but I don't want them in my garage and certainly wouldn't want them around my own family.

As for the boxes... yeah, they'll never entirely go away. I think they breed in dark enclosed spaces, like hangers and dry pens.

Maybe she meant "butternut pumpkin?" See explanation here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butternut_squash

Front porch looks good! I like the cornstalks there. See, grain is good for something.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenny!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Swinging by briefly to say hi. Skunks, raccoons, and TICKS? AAAGH! I think the first two out of three are cute, but I don't want them in my garage and certainly wouldn't want them around my own family.
    Yeah the wildlife can find somewhere else to live.

As for the boxes... yeah, they'll never entirely go away. I think they breed in dark enclosed spaces, like hangers and dry pens.
    Nooooo!!

Maybe she meant "butternut pumpkin?" See explanation here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butternut_squash
    Possibly

Front porch looks good! I like the cornstalks there. See, grain is good for something.
    Thanks.
    Yeah, grain is also good for our bank account
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Oh, sure! Tease me with roasted buttered squash while I'm trying to do the Tater thing!!
    I did mean butternut pumpkin, I think I said that? We call all varieties of pumpkins - pumpkin, including the jack o'lantern type, butternut, Queensland blue (which you probably call something else as well). Squash in Australia is what I think you guys call summer squash. Soft seedy things that are very watery, related to zucchini.

Good luck with the potato experiment.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Not to be alarmist, but do you know if your tick was a wood tick or a deer tick? Some colleagues today were discussing the significant increase in cases of lyme disease this year, in Southern ON, parts of the Maritimes, and southeast MB. Lyme disease is spread by the deer tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Not to be alarmist, but do you know if your tick was a wood tick or a deer tick? Some colleagues today were discussing the significant increase in cases of lyme disease this year, in Southern ON, parts of the Maritimes, and southeast MB. Lyme disease is spread by the deer tick.
    Not sure which it was. I know it was smaller than previous ticks I've removed from the dogs. But not tiny.

With my luck it will be a Lyme infested deer tick...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I don't really know the difference in how they each look, but would be googling to find out. And monitoring for signs of localized infection around the site.

Hopefully it's nothing, just a silly little annoying bug.

Thursday

Slept in till 9:30
    My friend was cleaning out her freezer 'cause she was getting a 1/2 beef.
    She asked me if I wanted the old meat for my dogs.
    Of course I said yes! She brought over 3 grocery bags full!!

I took the butterflies for a walk back to the barns.
    No wildlife.

Boring shredded dry fried potatoes and onions and garlic and spices for lunch.

I created some props for the play.

I went to the local school to fax a resume and cover letter to another school for a LTO posting.
    I'm not really qualified for the job, but, what the hell, right?

While at the school the VP asked if I'd be interested in another Home Instruction student.
    I said I'd think about it.

I delivered my Curly Girl book to my hairdresser's (I'd told her about at my last appointment and she wanted to read it)
    I delivered 2 vampire capes to a friend who needed to borrow one for her work tomorrow.
    Yes, I have 2. And I knew where they were!!

I had more boring fat free potato soup for supper.
    Blah. Maybe boring isn’t the right word.
    Flat. Maybe skinny is the word??
    Well it's full of spices and garlic and onions, but I miss the “fat feel” and satiety.

After my “supper” I went to play practice.

The moose hunters just texted. My Farmer should be home by 12:30!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I don't really know the difference in how they each look, but would be googling to find out. And monitoring for signs of localized infection around the site.

Hopefully it's nothing, just a silly little annoying bug.
    I'll see what I can find out.
    It was sore the 1st day, but it's OK now.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I forgot the Farmer was away hunting. Any fresh meat coming your way? I still giggle at those old photos of your butterflies gnawing on huge racks of ribs on your deck

I forgot the Farmer was away hunting. Any fresh meat coming your way? I still giggle at those old photos of your butterflies gnawing on huge racks of ribs on your deck
    They didn't say, so probably not
    Yeah, they had a great time with those ribs!

Suse didn't like the photos though

I did a quick Google check.
    One site says it's a deer tick.
    Another says it's a wood tick.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy