Page 306 of 415 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 4148

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 306

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sugar is my Achilles heel.

I tend to think of "No Grains" as being Primal.
    It's now easy for me to say no to bread, pasta, etc. I have no desire to eat them. They do not "call" me.
    My Dragon does not whisper in my ear for them.
    And I can fool myself into thinking I'm being "Primal" because I avoid those things.

I conveniently forget that sugar is also a "nono" (and I don't mean this )

sugar is EVIL
    But my Dragon is addicted to it.

There has been too much ice cream (which I conveniently classify as "dairy" and ignore the sugar)
    WAY too many gummy worms (I really don't even try to "justify" these - they are an addiction - plain and simple)

Those are my biggest "Sugar" weaknesses.

Maybe I don't think of them as sugar because they don't "look" like sugar. No crystalized tiny pieces of sugar. I mean, it's not like I'm scooping it out of the sugar bowl with a teaspoon. How do I make myself "get/remember" that liquid sugar IS sugar???

I'm also very bad at reading labels for sugar. BBQ sauce is a great example. 1st ingredient? Sugar.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my new "revelation", but I should do something...
    Sigh
    Maybe I should partially join Greensprout in her Whole 30. (Although just the thought of W30 makes me crazy)
    A "No Sugar" week.
    Weekdays.
    Not weekends.
    Not a month, that's crazy talk

big sigh
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

After reading Greensprout's journal, I have to add that I also share her "wobbly points".
    too much food, not enough exercise, and alcohol...

no surprises there
    Last edited by winencandy; 08-20-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Monday
    boring housework
    no packing
    I finished reading an ebook from the library that expires tomorrow
    I checked my work email and some LTO postings came out today
    Resumes due Friday. There are a couple I can/will apply for

I DID do 50 L4 squats!
    I know!

College Son picked up 19 empty boxes from the LCBO so I guess I'm packing tomorrow

Farmer and I are having "discussions" about the type of fencing we will be putting up at the new place
    Our ideas differ
    He sees nothing wrong with chain link
    I HATE chain link
    I was thinking wrought iron or white picket. He wants to be able to see though it.
    So I searched and found this

I could live with it. If I can find it around here.

My attempt at a NO SUGAR day
    Foods
    Chai with whipping cream - NO honey
    2 eggs scrambled with ham, green pepper and feta, a peach
    2 glasses of wine (the bottle was open from yesterday, its empty now)
    1 1/2 pork loin chops, BBQd (with a Garlic Rosemary citrus sauce - that listed sugar as the 2nd AND 3rd ingredient - FAIL), hashbrowns, fried onions, green peppers and cherry tomatoes, small handful of champagne grapes, Moroccan Mint tea (another FAIL - there is SUGAR in the teabag!)

Sigh, even when I TRY, I fail.

I also think I'm eating too many fruits
    BUT they are in season right now and DAMN IT I'm gonna enjoy them while they are!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

This:

'cause I found it on the "new and improved" iodine thread (The best link ON that thread)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Monday

My attempt at a NO SUGAR day
    Foods
    Chai with whipping cream - NO honey
    2 eggs scrambled with ham, green pepper and feta, a peach
    2 glasses of wine (the bottle was open from yesterday, its empty now)
    1 1/2 pork loin chops, BBQd (with a Garlic Rosemary citrus sauce - that listed sugar as the 2nd AND 3rd ingredient - FAIL), hashbrowns, fried onions, green peppers and cherry tomatoes, small handful of champagne grapes, Moroccan Mint tea (another FAIL - there is SUGAR in the teabag!)

Sigh, even when I TRY, I fail.

I also think I'm eating too many fruits
    BUT they are in season right now and DAMN IT I'm gonna enjoy them while they are!!!
    But you did good for 1/2 a day, win! I think when your fall backs are sugar and wine, it's hard. I'm eating a lot of fruit, too - but it's in season and soon won't be so I will be eating more winter squash. You can do the no sugar, try today for 3/4 of the day.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    But you did good for 1/2 a day, win! I think when your fall backs are sugar and wine, it's hard. I'm eating a lot of fruit, too - but it's in season and soon won't be so I will be eating more winter squash. You can do the no sugar, try today for 3/4 of the day.
    Thanks,
    Oh, I do REAL good in the 1st half of the day

It's easy to avoid sugar in the morning when you don't eat till noon
    And NO ONE drinks before noon!
    (unless they are on vacation...)

It's the 4-7pm time slot that kills me.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    So how's today going?

Perhaps baby steps are more in order rather than cold turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    So how's today going?

Perhaps baby steps are more in order rather than cold turkey
    Today was good

Tomorrow???
    Who knows

Baby steps - that's why I said not on weekends
    That way I'm 4.5 days on and 2.5 days off (my weekends start Friday at 3ish and end Sunday night )
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Tuesday

Another packing day

I did 50 L4 squats again today!

and I tried to drink LOTS of water

After supper I read

Foods
    Chai with vanilla, whipping cream & no honey
    Left over pork chop (scraped off the sauce), Havarti and Gouda, a peach
    Lots of water (1.75 L)
    Shepherds Pie: hamburger, carrots, onion, cauliflower, garlic, thickened with rice flour, 2 cherry tomatoes, 3 blue plums
    Tazo Zen tea (no cream)

For curiosity's sake I dug out the scale and used CRONoMeter at lunch (397c, 37g Protein, 12g Carbs, 21g Fat)
    I didn't use it for supper 'cause I don't measure my food when I'm with my family. I had a couple servings of the Shepherds Pie.

No wine
    No sugar
    Unless you count the peach and plums?? Should I??
    Na, I'm gonna keep them - my "baby steps"
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Thanks,
    Oh, I do REAL good in the 1st half of the day

It's the 4-7pm time slot that kills me.
    Maybe a sparkling water with lime during your problem slot? Serve it in a wine glass....
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html