Page 304 of 415 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 304

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back! I thought of you yesterday and today : yesterday my kids were watching a show which had Justin Bieber as guest and he said he has a dog, a papillon . And tonight I was having wine and chocolate after dinner .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judg View Post
    I am jealous. I love Quebec City. Met my husband there. Had my first baby there. Lots and lots of memories in a very beautiful city.
    It was very beautiful! My 1st set of photos will be from there. (When I get a chance to upload them)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Welcome back!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Welcome back! I thought of you yesterday and today : yesterday my kids were watching a show which had Justin Bieber as guest and he said he has a dog, a papillon . And tonight I was having wine and chocolate after dinner .
    Thanks!
    I hope Papillons don't become "popular" and then ruined by over-breeding
    Oh, you should try the chocolate I found on my trip!!!
    It's called BRIX and it comes in an 8oz brick! It's the "first line of chocolates specifically blended to complement wine." it's also "meant to be fractured like a hard cheese" Here's their website: https://www.brixchocolate.com/default.aspx
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Friday

Today was filled with "OMG, we've been away for 2 weeks and the grass is a foot high and the sweet corn needs to be picked, blanched, cut and froze, and the green peppers are SO huge they are bending the plants over!" activities.

22 bags of sweet corn, and a WHEELBARROW full of green peppers! I froze some peppers, pickled some, gave some away, and made stuffed peppers for supper.

The grass is cut - but I need to rake

The trailer is only 1/2 unpacked.

University Son brought the kittens home tonight. The Butterflies (well, Josie) seem to have forgotten how to behave around them
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like you'll be rather busy for the next few days! Good to be home, though, I'm sure.

I suppose we may have to wait for a full report on your holiday .

Peppers again for dinner tonight??

The busy never seems to end!
    I think it MIGHT be good to be home, if I was able to sit and enjoy it!
    Lily loves being home
    No peppers today - gave ourselves a break

I forgot - yesterday - while I was busy in the kitchen, I made Ghee! 1st time.

Saturday
    Daughter's BlackBerry "died" while on our trip. The battery would only last for about 10 minutes. This was rather inconvenient for her and scary for me (for about a half hour) when I thought I'd "lost" her in Quebec City! (More about that when I get to trip details). So, today we made a short trip into London to buy a new phone. She got another BlackBerry - she likes BBM. I had a couple of returns to make and we bought a TON of lined 3 ring paper at Walmart - $0.17 for 150 sheets!

After supper we went out to the lake to collect my plants (Basil, rosemary, my water garden, the stevia plant and a couple of "flowers". We stopped at the booth for a visit with my parents.

I had NO candy, ice cream, or fries!!!!!!

Finally sitting down with my computer. I've finished transferring the 100's of photos we took (close to 800??) and I'm going to try to catch up on a few more journals.

Breakfast: Chai with whipping cream
    Lunch: Chinese Mall Food, probably not the best choice, and a Grande $tarbucks half sweet Chai Latte.
    Supper: Roast chicken (one our friends raised), mashed potatoes, sweet corn from our garden, fresh tomatoes, and a small bowl of ice cream (at home - not at the booth)

I think I need to start exercising again. Mark's 5??
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Sunday

I packed up some wine glasses (18) and a few martini glasses and goblets today. I still have about 8 wine glasses left to pack.
    I may have too many wine glasses

After lunch my Farmer and I went on a few errands. We stopped at a deer hunting friend of my Farmer's, he had to drop off the application for this fall's hunt. We stayed for a visit and a couple of beverages. I had 2 gin & tonics. They are raising about 24 quail. The next stop was at another friend's barn to check out some metal shelving for one of my Farmer's barns. Then we stopped at my In Laws for a stack of newspapers (for packing) and to pick several apples from one of the trees. Then home to watch the Olympic closing ceremonies.

After supper I took a few loads of stuff out of the trailer. Then my Daughter and I watched Cowboys and Aliens. I enjoyed it.
    Of course it IS a Harrison Ford movie

I want to "get serious" starting tomorrow, (I know, yet again - but something's gotta change) so I thought I'd finish the last of the bottle of wine I had opened and eat the last couple of squares of Lindt 85%. I COULDN"T finish it!! I had ONE square left and I didn't want it!! Also, there is maybe a 1/2 glass of wine left too.

Weird.

Foods:
    2 eggs with bacon, onions, and tomato, small glass of peach juice
    tomato, basil, onion and chicken salad (with balsamic)
    2 gin & tonics
    an apple (fresh from the tree - tart and hard and juicy!)
    glass of wine
    leftover roast chicken, a tiny scoop of potatoes, sweet corn (from our garden) tomatoes, baby carrots
    a 1/2 cup of chocolate caramel ice cream
    1/2 glass of wine and 2 squares of Lindt
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Monday

Daughter climbed into bed with me this morning and we had a long talk
    Then we got groceries and packed up 4 boxes.
    I need more boxes
    After supper My Farmer and I went over to our "new" house to check on a few things. Bedroom outlets (only one in each room and one of the rooms has NONE!) septic tank and weeping bed locations, and deciding on shelving locations in one of the 3 barns. Then I tried to get caught up on a few journals.

College Son is in the air somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean. His plane left South Africa at 5:30 pm (SA time) which was 11:30 am my time. He lands in New York Tomorrow morning at 7:30. One of the other boy's parents are picking them up and driving them back to Canada. I'm meeting them in Hamilton and then driving him to Walton for the CMRC TransCan races. He's staying there till Sunday.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Welcome back, Winencandy, for a brief moment! GayPanda has been rather sedate, so you can catch up quickly. (NaNoWriMo) has a lot to answer for.
    Damn you, NaNoWriMo!!! * shakes fist *

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tuesday

I gathered "stuff" for College Son (sleeping bag, pillow, shoes, coat, flashlight, food, etc) and then I went out to the booth to work for an hour while my sister "got her nails done", She has those fake acrylic nails. You know, the thick ones? Finished as a French manicure, square tips. I tried it once - HATED them. Anyway, I was at the booth from 12:45 -1:45.

It turned into a gummie worm eating frenzy
    accompanied by a cup of ice cream.

Sigh

I ate SO many gummie worms that my throat was SORE later in the afternoon

At 1:45 I drove home, loaded a cooler with eggs, bacon, hamburgers,etc for College Son and then I left for Hamilton. I stopped for a $tarbucks halfway there. I took my time driving there, but I'd left WAY too early. So I went shopping For about 2 hours. At two different Home Sense stores. I spent about $150 while I was waiting.

He didn't get there till 7! It was GOOD to see him We loaded his stuff in the truck, (including his surfboard) he said goodbye to his buddies and we took off for Walton. We got there at 9:30. We talked the whole way He registered, we unloaded his stuff and I was out of there by 10pm (they close and lock the gates at 10) and back home by 12:30, with a stop at Tim Hortons in Exeter for a Chai Latte (it's not as good as $tarbucks)

Foods
    Tomato & feta salad, pepperoni, a fruit salad (peach, blue plums, cherries, concord grapes)
    an embarrassingly LARGE amount of gummie worms, caramel, caramel cup ice cream
    Grande $tarbucks half sweet whole milk Chai Latte
    Greek salad with grilled chicken breast
    Timmy's Chai Latte
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy