Page 285 of 415 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 285

  1. #2841
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,638
    Shop Now
    College Son texted me from the CMRC race.
    He crashed and has a concussion

    He is 4 hours away.
    At least he is with a friend and doesn't have to drive.

    This is his 2nd. The first one was just before Christmas 2008, playing hockey.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  2. #2842
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    2,936
    Oh no for College son . Comforting for you that he has a friend with him, and that he is together enough to be texting you. He should have someone stay with him tonight to keep eyes on just in case, if he has roommates this should be okay. I'm guessing he's already been to the ER to be checked out? And how are YOU doing??

  3. #2843
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Oh no for College son . Comforting for you that he has a friend with him, and that he is together enough to be texting you. He should have someone stay with him tonight to keep eyes on just in case, if he has roommates this should be okay. I'm guessing he's already been to the ER to be checked out? And how are YOU doing??
    They are on their way home.
    He did NOT go to the ER.
    He was up before the medics came to him.
    He "could have" been unconscious....
    But he says he's fine.

    Boys...

    I am eating chocolate.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  4. #2844
    Pedidoc's Avatar
    Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,496
    I swear all my gray hair is from my 4 boys. There's nothing like a glass of wine and a bit of good chocolate after that phone call! Fortunately, they are pretty resilient....youngest had conclusion earlier this year a week after he broke his nose, recovered well from both, thankfully. I'm sure your son will do so also.

  5. #2845
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    I swear all my gray hair is from my 4 boys. There's nothing like a glass of wine and a bit of good chocolate after that phone call! Fortunately, they are pretty resilient....youngest had conclusion earlier this year a week after he broke his nose, recovered well from both, thankfully. I'm sure your son will do so also.
    Hi Pedidoc

    Yeah, I've got tons of grey...

    ~~~~~

    College Son is home.
    Road rash on his right forearm and shoulder.
    No headache or vomiting.

    I talked to his friend. He didn't see it. College Son was in 2nd place, going into the back of the track. When the bikes came back around, he wasn't with the pack. College Son doesn't know if he passed out or not, but he rode his bike off the track...

    I suggested he NOT plant tobacco tomorrow morning.

    I'd like him to see the Dr/Chrio (or both) tomorrow...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  6. #2846
    Pedidoc's Avatar
    Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,496
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Hi Pedidoc

    Yeah, I've got tons of grey...

    ~~~~~

    College Son is home.
    Road rash on his right forearm and shoulder.
    No headache or vomiting.

    I talked to his friend. He didn't see it. College Son was in 2nd place, going into the back of the track. When the bikes came back around, he wasn't with the pack. College Son doesn't know if he passed out or not, but he rode his bike off the track...

    I suggested he NOT plant tobacco tomorrow morning.

    I'd like him to see the Dr/Chrio (or both) tomorrow...
    Are his pupils equal? Is he acting like himself? If those are, yes answers, he probably is okay. Did he throw up? Yes is bad and he needs to be seen. Set your alarm and wake him up every 1-2 hours and ask who he is, where he is, and what month it is.....he should get time, person, place right - if not he needs to be seen ASAP.

  7. #2847
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,638
    Sunday

    egg & bacon with my Farmer
    quick run into London & back (my sister picked up her new car)
    roasted small pepper stuffed with goat cheese, a pepperoni, avocado and a small slice of Gouda
    read in the afternoon (it was dark & rainy)
    worried about College Son & drank wine
    ham, scalloped, carrots, pineapple
    chocolate & chai
    checked over College Son
    surfed the net
    watched the Memorial Cup (a boy I used to coach in soccer is playing with the Knights) The score is 1-1 with 8 minutes left!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  8. #2848
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Are his pupils equal? Is he acting like himself? If those are, yes answers, he probably is okay. Did he throw up? Yes is bad and he needs to be seen. Set your alarm and wake him up every 1-2 hours and ask who he is, where he is, and what month it is.....he should get time, person, place right - if not he needs to be seen ASAP.
    Thanks for your concern and the info.
    Equal pupils, acting normal, says he feels fine, didn't throw up.
    He's not acting as "bad" as he was with the last concussion.
    It was worse, he was "off" (not "himself") for a couple of weeks after that one...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  9. #2849
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,638
    Memorial Cup is going into overtime!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  10. #2850
    Pedidoc's Avatar
    Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,496
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Thanks for your concern and the info.
    Equal pupils, acting normal, says he feels fine, didn't throw up.
    He's not acting as "bad" as he was with the last concussion.
    It was worse, he was "off" (not "himself") for a couple of weeks after that one...
    Youngest son couldn't remember some one he had just waited on at work and was very emotional - crying for no reason, which was not like him at all. Couple of days of rest and observation and he was back to normal. No football for 6 months to try and avoid repeat issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •