Page 270 of 415 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 270

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sunday

RACE DAY

It was wet and cool (not as cold as last year)
    WHY can I run longer during a race than I can at home???
    Of course, I lost my Daughter before we'd even left the park
    She ran on ahead of me.
    I picked a little 11-12 year old girl in a pink jacket to be my "bunny" and I tried to keep her in sight.
    It worked until the last 1/2 K, when she left me in the dust.

There was a "door prize" draw on the back of our race bibs. My Daughter won a $50 gift cert. from the Running Room!

We went out for breakfast after the race. Bacon & eggs.
    When we got home, I showered and my Daughter crashed on the couch.
    Later we went out to visit my sister (from Ottawa) at the lake.
    The rest of the day was pretty slow

Now, I guess, the thing to do (which I DIDN'T do last year) is to KEEP running....
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Monday
    I was in bed last night at 10!
    And up around 8ish this morning.
    I could "feel" the race in my legs this morning

The Farmer and I had dentist appointments
    My last one was in 2008!!
    I knew it had been a while, but I didn't think it had been that long.
    Anyway, cleanings and x-rays and $500 later, I get to go back on Wednesday.
    To fix a cracked filling and get a new one.

yippee

I asked about non-mercury fillings.
    I got the CW answers...
    "They're safe"
    "Alternatives only last for up to 6 years"
    Blah, blah, blah
    Not sure what I'll do.

I took the 2nd "Hunger Games" book with me, "Catching Fire" to start reading. Of course it "grabbed" me, and I did nothing else for the rest of the day. I just finished the book about an hour ago. I'd deprived myself of "fun" reading for the duration of the ESL AQ, so I guess it was a "re-feed" of sorts I even skipped Band practice to finish reading it.

I have to work tomorrow, first day since April 5th.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    If the non-mercury fillings only last for 6 years, you'd think the dentist would be HAPPY to do them- more repeat business. (By-the-by, mine have lasted much longer...umm...at least 8 years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    If the non-mercury fillings only last for 6 years, you'd think the dentist would be HAPPY to do them- more repeat business. (By-the-by, mine have lasted much longer...umm...at least 8 years.)
    Yeah, new dentist. (well an old one, but new to me) Not sure what I think of him.
    Still not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Tuesday

I taught today. 11/12 Comm Tech, Grade 9 tech and 11/12 Design.
    Fairly easy day.
    Then I did a little shopping and bought some Lindt!
    and Real Fruit Gummies
    and ate them on the way home.

After supper we took the Butterflies for a truck ride.
    My Farmer had to stop at a friend's house that needs some shingle repairs after yesterdays strong wind.
    The Butterflies explored.
    Then we stopped in at another friend's for a "beverage".
    I brought Lily out to meet their beagle, but left Josie in the truck - she thought she should attack the beagle...

I'm tired. I might go to bed after I post this.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Final ESL AQ mark and comments:

"Your lessons are fun, interesting, interactive, and informative.
    Your mark for module seven is A+, level four.
    Your overall course mark/final grade is level four, A+.
    Module Seven required you to design a unit for a class with ELLs/ for ELLs. You did a great job with your ‘Making a Documentary’ unit – Very creative, fun, practical, and informative. I noted that your unit was very well presented too – so professional and so very detailed! I really liked your learning log idea.
    In your unit, you have included class work (brainstorming, discussion, Q & A, etc...), group/pair work (video scavenger hunt, creating the documentary, videotaping, etc...), and individual work ( Q & A, learning log, posters & DVD covers, etc...). Your unit includes a variety of activities that provide opportunities for a variety of skills (oral, listening, reading, and writing) and assessments (cloze, rubrics, observations, etc...) You included a wonderful list of modifications and accommodations for your ELLs (and you even noted this in your assessment). Wonderful!"

Now if only a principal could see this!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Why shouldn't they see it? Think of it as a personalized commentary of your work by someone who knows it, not as a private thing.
    A writer friend sent out a 'press release' type sheet sheet with the complimentary snippets of previous rejection letters, so that new agents could see what others had thought of her work.
    If you've got it (and you do!), flaunt it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Why shouldn't they see it? Think of it as a personalized commentary of your work by someone who knows it, not as a private thing.
    A writer friend sent out a 'press release' type sheet sheet with the complimentary snippets of previous rejection letters, so that new agents could see what others had thought of her work.
    If you've got it (and you do!), flaunt it!
    Thanks, I like that idea....
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Wednesday

I woke up about 4am with my throat on fire
    I popped some Advil and went back to sleep.
    Of course that meant I cancelled my dentist apt
    I worked on my Home Instruction student's stuff, a review for the exam and the exam.
    Almost done, all I have to do is figure out a couple of Tempest exam questions to choose from...

I ate a dark chocolate bar today...
    I can't seem to kick the mid afternoon "munchies"
    even though I ate a BIG lunch.

Is sleep one of the "magical" properties of iodine?
    'Cause for the past few days I've been in bed BEFORE 11!!!!
    I know!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Levon's gone

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy