Page 269 of 415 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 269

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Aaarrrggggghhhhh!!

Sometimes living in a small town SUCKS!!!
    Like when you REALLY want a Lindt Dark Chocolate bar and EVERY store in town (and the next town) ONLY has milk chocolate!!!!!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    totally jealous... imagine if there had been more of us together, no one would have got a word in edgeways
    Suse!!! Nice to hear from you!! How's it going??

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Good luck with that! I'm still waiting for my psychic skills to kick in.
    I can hope, can't I???

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Hi W'n'C! How are you going?
    Same
    "How you doin?"

I just read the last couple of pages. I was diagnosed adrenally fatigued by my doc when I got my hypothyroid diagnosis. It's quite common for the adrenals to get burned out by making up for a shortfall in thyroid function. Unfortunately it seems from the research that I'm doing, that eating low carb causes your thyroid function to suffer and therefore your adrenals pump out adrenaline to keep you going and then they crap themselves eventually and you end up with adrenal fatigue.
    I really have fallen out of love with low carb (and by low I mean anything under 150g a day) lately but I know that MDA is probably not the place to talk about it so I'll shut up now.
    How are you feeling now? How did you"fix" it?

I don't think I'm "low carb" (by MDA standards) I can't remember the last time I was in ketosis.
    I simply like sweet potatoes and carrots and chocolate and... too much.
    Of course I haven't tracked anything for months. Maybe I should, just to see where I am...

Congrats on finishing your ESL AQ!
    Thanks.
    It feels great to be finished!
    Last edited by winencandy; 04-14-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thursday

S2C=485 + Sabine's 10 = 495
    I should rename the squat goal, 'cause I'm eating chocolate...

Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Lets see, after I ran, I did some much neglected house work.
    Always fun. NOT.
    After supper, we took the Butterflies over to the farm and they ran around exploring.
    They both came back when I called! (That doesn't always happen)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Friday

S2C=485 + Sabine's 10 = 495

Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    My Farmer spent the day driving this 235 km at 17 mph!

He was helping my uncle, who is moving AND dealing with cancer treatments.

I went into London with my Daughter, sister and niece.
    We spent the afternoon shopping and then after supper (BBQ chicken, veggies and wine) we went to a OHL (Jr hockey) game.
    My niece skated at the JLC after the 1st period of the OHL playoff game.
    We stayed for the game. I had a Palm Bay cooler and a couple handfuls of popcorn.
    The Knights won. In overtime. We know one of the players. I used to coach him in soccer.
    It was fun, I got home at 11pm with a headache and popcorn in my pants.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I am running a 5 K tomorrow morning.
    I'm not really ready for it.

But I made a kick-ass playlist to listen to while I attempt it
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

It's foggy. It's raining. It's 11C.
    Perfect.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good luck today. I'll be thinking of you(as I have my feet up on the sofa, knitting, and watching an old Lucille Ball musical). You can do it. Go, Winencandy, go!
    Last edited by Sabine; 04-15-2012 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Forgot my Oxford comma! The horror!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Good luck today. I'll be thinking of you(as I have my feet up on the sofa, knitting, and watching an old Lucille Ball musical). You can do it. Go, Winencandy, go!

Thanks
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

39:25

Last year was 39:01.
    I did NOT train nearly as much this time.
    I did not think I'd come CLOSE to that time.
    If I'd had a watch, I might have pushed it a bit more at the end and maybe beaten my record.
    I thought I was going to come in around 45 min.
    I'm pleased.

I'm also cold and wet. It rained the entire race.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Saturday (cause I forgot)

I went out to the lake in the afternoon to visit with my sister who was down from Ottawa for the race.

Just like last year, the deer hunters had their "event" the night before my race.
    One of the hunters has a "cabin" in the bush behind their place.
    It was really nice, with a sleeping loft, pine tongue and groove walls, a wood stove and a front porch.
    We had venison, chicken, chili, carrots, salad (and potatoes, bread, pie & cake - which I did not eat)
    I had 4 glasses of wine.

We were home by 10pm.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy