Page 262 of 415 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 262

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Saturday

S2C=310

Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Today was spent gathering up empties (spirits, wine and beer) and returning them to the Beer Store. This was a fundraiser for my Daughter's competitive soccer team uniforms. The first truck load was from our house and we got $35.50. The second truckload was at our friends' and it came to $85.10! (Their house was the hunters' base camp this winter)

Red wine was consumed.
    I did not work on my ESL AQ today
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-24-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sunday

S2C=360

Today was groceries, reading the rest of Chapter 12 for my ESL AQ, a 25 minute 2.5K run/walk, and 50 squats.
    I tried a hot protein Chai this morning - it was good, it gave the Chai a lovey vanilla flavour. (demuralist mentioned it on Candy in Wonderland's journal - post #42)
    After supper I went to my parents and helped my Dad with his Kobo eReader (we finally had to do a factory reset)

I just finished texting with Greensprout. Looks like we are meeting this coming weekend!!!!!!!
    I've been on-line finding a meeting place for us!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Last night my Macbook had a fit, went black and shut off
    This morning, I opened it and all the windows I had open are still there

Monday

S2C=360
    I didn't squat on Monday - that means I've gotta do more today...

I volunteered in the ESL classrooms at a school in London again today. A frustrating CW moment in the Family Studies class. They were learning the Canada Food Guide. (I know, that in its self was bad enough) Anyway, they were drawing different foods on their charts. As teachers we were giving suggestions. We were on vegetables.
    Me: "You could draw corn, but it's really a grain"
    Teacher: "Oh, no. Canada Food Guide says it's a vegetable."
    Me: "What about corn oil, corn starch, Corn Flakes?" (We'd just drawn a bowl of cereal in the grains section)
    Teacher: "That's cow corn"
    Me: . . . (not about to argue with the "Teacher" in front of the students)

After school I went to my chiropractor. I haven't been there in a long time, but I have been waking up with a sore back for the past few days and I thought I'd take care of it before it got too bad (maybe too many squats???) She told me the last time I'd been there was 2009!!

I bought a few groceries, because I had to bring snack to band. I was feeling hungry (I'd only had Chai and a banana) so I bought a small wedge of Brie. I started to eat it in the car on the way home. I only ate 4 bites and then I wrapped the rest of it back up!!!

After supper I went to band practice. We practice for an hour and then we break for a snack and social time. I shared snack duty with another member. She brought fresh veggies, dip, hummus, and two bite brownies (for those with a sweet tooth) I brought cheese (Cheddar, garden vegetable Havarti, and a small Brie wheel - on wooden cutting boards) rice crackers and wheat crackers, red and green grapes, cranberries and almonds. We kicked ass at snack
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    What do you guys do in these band meetings except for snacking ofc?

What;s cow corn?
    Corn that cows eat? Does that teacher eat corn? Is she a cow?
    Philosophy. Own it. Use it to your advantage.
    (Not.)

Everybody knows vegetables are arbitrary.
    For example, wine can be a vegetable. Some people claim cheese is a vegetable too.
    I say a giant bowl of icecream with chunks of deep fried apple pie helps me get my 6 servings a day, and nobody is gonna argue with me about that! No siree.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    What do you guys do in these band meetings except for snacking ofc?
    We DO practice! Honest

What;s cow corn?
    Corn that cows eat? Does that teacher eat corn? Is she a cow?
    Philosophy. Own it. Use it to your advantage.
    (Not.)
    Field corn, the stuff that most farmers grow, the stuff that gets made into corn starch, corn oil, corn flakes, etc.

Everybody knows vegetables are arbitrary.
    For example, wine can be a vegetable. Some people claim cheese is a vegetable too.
    I say a giant bowl of icecream with chunks of deep fried apple pie helps me get my 6 servings a day, and nobody is gonna argue with me about that! No siree.
    Oh, Meaty! You do make me laugh
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-28-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Tuesday

S2C=360
    No squats on Tuesday either...AND I ate 2 squares of Lindt 70%...

I dressed for running in the morning, walked out onto the laneway, FROZE in the bitter wind, thought "Nope, no way" turned around and walked back inside I tried to work on my ESL AQ, but really, all I did was waste time on-line... My Daughter was playing in a School Board wide concert (a band/orchestra/choir from each high school in the board) at the JLC, so I went in early, ate a Apple Pecan Chicken Salad at Wendys, bought a couple of things for the Butterflies and then went to her concert. Where I had 2 squares of Lindt...
    Home at 11pm.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Wednesday

S2C=360
    No squats today either...AND I ate the rest of the Lindt...

I ran this morning. Not sure how far, more than 2.5, less than 5. In 33 minutes (of running for 2 minutes, walking for one - until 1/2 way back when the wind was SO strong I mainly walked...
    I wasted most of the day, Cybersurfing, and NOT doing my ESL AQ...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I also had wine this afternoon.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

the chocolate (and maybe the wine) is not sitting well...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

naw, it can't be the wine & chocolate...
    it must have been the beans in the chili and the raw cabbage salad...yeah, THAT's what it was!

Whatever it was, my stomach is no longer flat. It has swelled to the size of a soccer ball!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy