Page 261 of 415 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 261

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I adore Suzanne Collin's work. If you enjoy the 'Hunger Games' trilogy, try her 'Gregor the Overlander' series. Written for a slightly younger audience, I still have no problem enjoying it, and re-reading every few years.

I was up late last night driving my kids to the theater(someone else picking up, thank goodness!) so they could see the midnight shows. I am going to go to a matinee next week, but it is hard to wait!

Good job getting sun. We have had unfortunate combinations of clouds, wind, or rain during the daylight hours this last week, and I'm starting to feel as if I really do live in a cave.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Yeay, I got to the end! I just followed Sabine's example and read through your whole journal. It's after midnight (CET) which is way past my bedtime (and tomorrow night I'll have an hour less to sleep, because of DST), but it was well worth it.
    I just wish I could sleep as long as you do, but even on my days off work (I work part-time) I still have to get up at 7 because my kids have to go to school. I am planning on sleeping in on Sunday (or at least have an afternoon nap).

I really like your challenge .

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    "Don't feed the Dragon!"
    You should make a fridge magnet saying this, I would definitely buy one

Looking forward to following your journey on a regular basis now .

Oh, by the way, my real name is Candy (see, I really had to read your journal, it was calling me), but you can call me chocolateandcookies
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I just bought Hunger Games - it seems to be getting a lot of hype and I hate to see a movie of a book before I've read the book.
    I JUST finished it!
    I agree, I have to read it before I watch it.
    My sister went to see it tonight. (She'd bought tickets a month ago!)

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    You hair sounds cute. I'm getting some white at my temples and I kinda like it, I'm thinking I may just go with it when it starts getting a little more noticeable.
    Thanks. Yeah, You can see "silver" in my hair. I think that's what I'll call it, sounds SO much "brighter/happier" than grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I adore Suzanne Collin's work. If you enjoy the 'Hunger Games' trilogy, try her 'Gregor the Overlander' series. Written for a slightly younger audience, I still have no problem enjoying it, and re-reading every few years.
    Thanks. I'll check it out (after I finish my ESL AQ and the rest of the Hunger Games)

I was up late last night driving my kids to the theater(someone else picking up, thank goodness!) so they could see the midnight shows. I am going to go to a matinee next week, but it is hard to wait!
    I'd have had to stay and watch it too! How could you not??

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Yeay, I got to the end! I just followed Sabine's example and read through your whole journal. It's after midnight (CET) which is way past my bedtime (and tomorrow night I'll have an hour less to sleep, because of DST), but it was well worth it.
    Welcome Candy! Congratulations! And thanks
    We switched time two weekends ago.

I just wish I could sleep as long as you do, but even on my days off work (I work part-time) I still have to get up at 7 because my kids have to go to school. I am planning on sleeping in on Sunday (or at least have an afternoon nap).
    My "baby" is 16, she gets up by herself Although two mornings a week I have to drive her to band practice at 7am! But luckily, I have no problem falling back asleep

I really like your challenge .
    Thanks, although I did some math today and I'll have to do 50 every day to make it to 1000 by Easter!!!!

Oh, by the way, my real name is Candy (see, I really had to read your journal, it was calling me), but you can call me chocolateandcookies
    hehehe
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Friday

S2C=260

Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I taught "at my old school" again today. Very Easy. Two classes with 5 students in each, and then assisting in a class of 12!
    Nice.
    I read some of my ESL Chapter 12 during lunch (it's a LONG chapter)

After work I read some of the Hunger Games on the deck (in the shade - I'm still red!)
    After supper I gave blood at a local mobile clinic. This time my iron was good (a 30 - their min is 25) but my blood pressure (the low #) was too low. We tried it once and it was 48, she got a smaller cuff, tried it again and it was 45! She told me to go for a fast walk in the hall and come back. I did (I did a short sprint too) and it was 50, so I could donate. I read Hunger Games while I was laying there. My Daughter finished work and walked to the clinic. She drove me home. Once I got home, I curled up on the couch and finished The Hunger Games.

Then I logged into my ESL AQ course and read my "progress report" She loves me
    Not to brag, but here are some of her comments:

I enjoyed reading your ‘Literacy’ posting on “Would I Lie to You?” I have Annie Lennox going through my head as I write this. ☺ I love your Powerpoint/response activity (I bet your students loved it too!). That’s a great way to encourage literacy skills. I had never read the term ‘fauxtography’ before – I learned something new! So cool! You’ve included a nice list of modifications and accommodations for your students (pre-teach vocabulary, shorter assignments, etc...) Great work.

Your grammar posting on tag questions was well done and presented. I like how you model for students in an interactive manner and then direct them to do interviews – great practice and very authentic.

Your co-operative learning task on Designing a Shelter was very creative! I, too, think ELLs would love this kind of task – I can imagine all the authentic language practice and exchange as well as the opportunity to foster relationships with their peers.

Your lesson plan entitled ‘Video Cameras’ was interesting to think about. I don’t recall ever having a technology teacher as part of my online group – I truly enjoy reading your posts – very new to me! ☺ I think ELL students would love this assignment since it’s truly theirs and can be very unique, I imagine.

Your grade is A+, ‘honours’. Keep up the great work!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    My "baby" is 16, she gets up by herself Although two mornings a week I have to drive her to band practice at 7am! But luckily, I have no problem falling back asleep
    My oldest is 16, he has to get up by himself too as he has to leave early.

Very nice comments on your assignments! You can be proud
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oooh! What is 'fauxtography'? I must know.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    my 'grey' is platinum, when I get enough I will go blonde, currently a red head.

I get up with my 17 year old, (5:30), because it gets my day going. but I LOVE the weekends.

congrats on the comments, very nice.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

A friend posted this on Facebook. It made me laugh and I had to share:
    "What ADHD looks like":
    http://www.youtube.com/user/smz200x#p/u/1/W_rH3WEJh6c
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Very nice comments on your assignments! You can be proud
    Thanks

Oooh! What is 'fauxtography'? I must know.
    I created a lesson called "Would I Lie To You". It was about ethics in photojournalism and photo manipulation.

Fautography:
    Fraudulent photography
    News images faked by various means to promote an ideological agenda or to manipulate the emotions of the viewer
    Faux - false
    tography - 2nd half of photography
    Any dishonest or faked news photo
    Photoshop, staging photos, misleading captions

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    my 'grey' is platinum, when I get enough I will go blonde, currently a red head.

I get up with my 17 year old, (5:30), because it gets my day going. but I LOVE the weekends.

congrats on the comments, very nice.
    Thanks.

Platinum is also a good name

I SHOULD get up at 7 with my family...somedays it's SO hard. I can't imagine voluntarily getting up at 5:30!!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy