Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 260

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I made it! Winencandy,
    You deserve some dark chocolate!!! There's ALOT to read

I have really enjoyed your journal, and learned alot(insert hairy creature here) for my own journey.
    I'm glad I could help
    I know you were wondering what you'd learn after your first year on this journey.
    What did you think of my "Year in Review?"

I'm looking forward to following you at a more sedate pace.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Monday

S2C=140 same

Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

I volunteered in ESL classrooms at a school in London.
    After school I worked on my last assignment for the 4th Module (due Monday night at midnight).
    After supper I went to band practice and played for 2 hours.
    Then I finished up my assignment and posted it by 10pm! Then I made "meaningful comments" of the other student's posts...

Next Due Date: April 2
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Tuesday

S2C=160

I RAN this morning! Well, I walked/ran. For 25 minutes!
    Why?
    Because I foolishly signed up for the 5K Run for Retina race again this year
    April 15
    Why?
    Cause my sister asked me to...

Then I went into London and volunteered at the high school with the ESL students.
    After supper I took the Butterflies into town and we walked around for an hour.

I did some reading for my ESL AQ tonight.

I also had about 6 Cadbury Mini Eggs...
    so then I did 20 squats...
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-21-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: typo
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    ​Did they cancel each other out?
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yoo hoo... its me!!!!!!!!!! Nice to know I've been missed. I'm going to get around to a bit of a catchup on everyone.

I had a laugh about the farmers truck in the river...
    I also totally related to the term 'cyberloafing'. I dont get to do that anymore which is why you're not hearing much from me lately.

And as for the 5k run again, I'm impressed. I need to get off my arse.

There is more I was going to comment on but I've already forgotten. oh yes, totally would be jealous if you and Greenspout caught up without me!

Ok I'm going to go and do a long update in my completely lonely and forgotten journal. Nice to see you are still here.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The Year in Review was great! As a reader, it was very interesting to see what you picked up on, versus what I did. First and foremost: use an accurate scale! When you were going through those long months of NO movement, and then to find out it was just because your scale wasn't working correctly!! That combined with what you found out about your job situation make a powerful lesson.
    I like that you include what is going on with your life, and your emotions. Fun to read, and from a practical standpoint, it shows why some eating occurs (your wine from 4-7 realization springs to mind), and patterns in what kind of food and situations set off others.
    It makes me even more keen to go through my own journal in a few months time, to see what pops out.
    And, boy-howdy, is your handle apt! Sometimes you made me dizzy with chocolate and alcohol from three thousand miles away!

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    ​Did they cancel each other out?

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    yoo hoo... its me!!!!!!!!!! Nice to know I've been missed. I'm going to get around to a bit of a catchup on everyone.
    SUSE!!!!!! You're back!!!!!
    Excellent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I had a laugh about the farmers truck in the river...
    I also totally related to the term 'cyberloafing'.

The Year in Review was great! As a reader, it was very interesting to see what you picked up on, versus what I did. First and foremost: use an accurate scale! When you were going through those long months of NO movement, and then to find out it was just because your scale wasn't working correctly!! That combined with what you found out about your job situation make a powerful lesson.
    Yes, I've learned a ton over the past 1 1/2 years. I've never thought that others would pick up on different things...interesting...maybe for my next Sept review I should ask what patterns everyone else sees??

I like that you include what is going on with your life, and your emotions. Fun to read, and from a practical standpoint, it shows why some eating occurs (your wine from 4-7 realization springs to mind), and patterns in what kind of food and situations set off others.
    It makes me even more keen to go through my own journal in a few months time, to see what pops out.
    And, boy-howdy, is your handle apt! Sometimes you made me dizzy with chocolate and alcohol from three thousand miles away!
    hehehe
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Wednesday

S2C=160

I taught today at "my old school" (I can't say that without The Magic Schoolbus popping into my head ) I had a Student Teacher. Easy day. At lunch, the transportation teacher commented that he wanted cars/projects for his students to work on. I told him I had a little problem with my Beetle. The Aux jack (where I plug in my iPhone for music) had become unattached and had fallen into the dash. The VW dealership had said it would cost about $200 to fix it - they'd have to take off the dash, etc... The Transportation teacher took my keys. I had prep last period so I went to the Auto Shop. It took the teacher and one student about 10 minutes to find the cable and figure out an alternative "exit" for it! (It now comes out just under the glovebox) The students joked and said that they should get paid $200 I left the school, drove to the grocery store and bought a box of chocolate-covered-ice-cream-on-a-stick treats. I pulled back up to the garage bay door, the teacher looked like he thought I had a problem with my car. I smiled and got out with the ice cream and the students were thrilled We ate them right there in the shop.

It was a beautiful day. 30 C! When I got home I sat out on the deck and read some of Chapter 12 of my ESL AQ textbook, listened to Stevie Ray Vaughan and watched the Butterflies play. After supper I took Lily into town and joined the "dog walking group". We walked for an hour.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thursday

20 "official" squats + at LEAST another 30 squats while raking and picking up walnuts in my yard.
    So, I'm recording:
    S2C=210

I ran this morning! 2.5 K in 25 minutes. At that rate I will NOT match last year's time of 39 minutes for 5K.

Then I went to the hairdressers and hid some of my grey. Dark and medium copper foil wraps in my hair - it was a scary sight
    She didn't put as many foils in as last time. We left some grey. She said if I want more, to come back and she'd add more - no charge. I like it, it's not obvious that it's been coloured.

I started reading the Hunger Games at the hairdressers. Then I came home and read it on the deck. I alternated between reading and raking walnuts (3 wheelbarrows full) for the afternoon. I got a sunburn! In March! In Ontario! Both my arms, my chest, my face and the bottom of my shins (I was wearing capris)

After supper we went to my Daughter's music concert. When we came home we had a melted Brie with rice crackers.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I just bought Hunger Games - it seems to be getting a lot of hype and I hate to see a movie of a book before I've read the book.

You hair sounds cute. I'm getting some white at my temples and I kinda like it, I'm thinking I may just go with it when it starts getting a little more noticeable.