Page 259 of 415 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 259

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Love the picture of you and Farmer in Dunn's River falls. I'm slowly creeping through your journal, really enjoying it. I read a page, get up and do a chore, run back and read another page. Repeat.
    Glad you're enjoying it.
    Jamaica was great!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Saturday

S2C=140

Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Umm...I woke up at 7:30 AND I STAYED UP! I know!
    However I then wasted the morning watching old b&w Irish themed movies
    I packed my overnight bag (that was bursting at the seams ) and a small cooler, and gave the Butterflies a quick foot and belly bath 'cause my Farmer took them out to "play" in the garden, and then I went to my friend's house for a "Girl's night".

There were four of us. We sat outside for a while, enjoying the sun, I had a couple NorCal Margaritas, and they had peach schnapps and cranberry juice. Then we went inside and had "mini" pedicures complete with hot wax dips. I made the zucchini/feta/sundried tomato "boats" for a snack. More drinking and talking. We had chicken tetrazinni for supper (my friend made me some without noodles - but I think there was still flour in the sauce...later in the evening my stomach agreed) and cupcakes - I did NOT have a cupcake! I think I may have said "Why would I want one of those" and my friends gave me weird looks - the cupcakes were HUGE and the icing was piled on at least 1" thick! I'd switched to red wine before supper, and we had a glass of ice wine after supper. More drinking, and dancing. I made a home made batch of Chai, but my one friend was "too far gone" to drink it. She crashed about 11, (her house) we stayed up talking for another hour before going to bed too.

When I woke up at 9:30, two of my friends were gone and the hostess was still sleeping, so I packed up my stuff and came home, where I laid on the couch and watched "My Best Friend's Wedding".

No ESL AQ work was done on Saturday.
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-18-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: evidently I can't spell after a night of drinking :)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    What a fantastic way to spend time! Jealous

What's a hot wax dip? Sounds painful.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    What a fantastic way to spend time! Jealous

What's a hot wax dip? Sounds painful.
    It was fun!

Well, you dip your foot quickly into melted paraffin wax, it gets covered in a thin layer of wax, when it dries you dip it again and again, making a thicker layer. Then you wrap your foot in a plastic bag and leave it on for a few minutes. It peels off and your skin feels soft and smooth. We also did our hands
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Sunday

S2C=140 same

Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Not a very productive day today. Some web surfing, attempted to work on my last assignment for this Module. Which is due tomorrow. I'm tired, but I know I'll be up until at least 11, trying to work on my ESL AQ.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by hhapo51dh View Post
    A friend emailed me the following: "I may be oversimplifying but I think self identity requires a balance of work, family, home, toys, recreation, art, science, knowledge. Of course the less we know, the more apt we are not to be concerned with this."
    hhapo51dh - go away
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

A funny little CW moment from last night:
    My friend was talking about almond butter.
    Me: I love macadamia nut butter.
    Her reply: That's the worst kind of fat.
    Me:...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm closing in on the (current) end of your journal, but I had to say: 139! Yay! What a great way to end 2011.

Squats to Chocolate! I love it.

I made it! Winencandy, I have really enjoyed your journal, and learned alot(insert hairy creature here) for my own journey. I'm looking forward to following you at a more sedate pace.