Page 255 of 415 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 255

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I feel old
    Ha, get thee to my journal, where a 20 year old has just talked to me about aging gracefully. Then we'll talk about who's feeling old.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I feel old.
    Compared to you, I AM old!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Ha, get thee to my journal, where a 20 year old has just talked to me about aging gracefully. Then we'll talk about who's feeling old.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Compared to you, I AM old!

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I ate a package of Real Fruit Gummies yesterday afternoon.
    When I went in to pay for my gas, they leaped into my hand.
    They tasted AWESOME!!!
    About a half hour later I felt blah...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

What's with the Image Verification???
    Is this the latest attempt to stop the spam????
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Image Verification is a PITA

S2C=75
    Tuesday
    Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Ummm. I was a supply teacher. Morning was a double Sr Transportation class and only 4 students showed up 1st afternoon class was shared with another teacher who gave a Health and Safety in the workplace talk. I just sat and listened Last class - I EARNED EVERY PENNY! 17 grade 9 boys who wanted to be in the auto shop and did NOT want to do chapter work...that's all I'm gonna say about that.

During lunch I read the rest of Chapter 8 for my ESL AQ.
    Listened to a lecture on-line for my course and posted a few comments.

Wasted the rest of the evening away on-line.

S2C=85
    Wednesday
    Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

5 reverse chin ups.

I taught at "my old school" today. It was an assembly day. Shortened classes. Easy day. 1st period was grade 12 math. I'd taught every student. I was able to take attendance by looking at the backs of their heads and not calling out names! 2nd period was computer programming and I knew 1/2 of the kids. 3rd period was grade 10 math. I only knew 5 students. This class was a little restless. I was DONE teaching (full day's pay) at 12:05! I'd packed a Greek salad (with chicken) for lunch so I stayed and visited with the teachers. Then I volunteered to supervise the caf until 12:50. I stopped at the local school to talk to the VP about my Home Instruction Student.

It was 15 C and BEAUTIFUL out when I got home, so I took the Butterflies to the trailer park and lake for a walk. We practiced "Lily walking on the left and Josie on the right" I decided to teach them a lesson. I told them that if the crossed over, then I would leave them. Lily was the first to cross. I said "Oops! Too bad, that's crossing over. Bye!" and clipped her leash to a pole and walked away with Josie. Josie kept looking back with her tail down like she was saying "but, but, we can't LEAVE her!" We turned a corner, waited a bit and then went back and gave Lily another chance. A little later, Josie crossed over and I did the same thing. She yipped and cried when we disappeared around the corner. When I came back for her she stuck like glue to my right side Then we walked down to the beach and practiced off leash. I switched directions and they followed. I only had to hide once for Lily to come racing back. Josie stays within 5' of me when she's off leash. Lily's "comfort zone" is quite a bit larger.

When we got home, my Farmer had the tractor running, so we (the Butterflies and I) hopped in for a short ride up the laneway and back while he scraped it. Lily doesn't think she likes riding in the tractor

Another evening wasted on-line.

ESL AQ: I read some of Chapter 9 during 1st period
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Hmm, don't envy you those grade 9 boys. Yeah. Nice for the full day's pay for half a day teaching today .

15C temps?? And your daffodils?? I'm very jealous. We got a dump of snow last weekend which I'm not too pleased about. Hoping for better weather when I head east next week.

I just had a thought...I'll be about 4 hours from where you are. Maybe I can look at a road trip on one of the weekends for a primal meetup of sorts?? Something to think about.

I agree, this image verification is damn annoying. Hopefully it doesn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    15C temps?? And your daffodils?? I'm very jealous. We got a dump of snow last weekend which I'm not too pleased about. Hoping for better weather when I head east next week.
    It was ONLY 13 C today but it was rainy

I just had a thought...I'll be about 4 hours from where you are. Maybe I can look at a road trip on one of the weekends for a primal meetup of sorts?? Something to think about.
    Absolutely!!!!!!! I'd love to!! Where will you be? We can find a 1/2 way point to meet!
    The only weekend I'm not available is St Patty's Day
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    It was ONLY 13 C today but it was rainy
    Still sounds a lot better than the gusty blowing snow with windchills in the -20s here

Absolutely!!!!!!! I'd love to!! Where will you be? We can find a 1/2 way point to meet!
    The only weekend I'm not available is St Patty's Day
    We'll definitely have to work something out. I think I'll be free most weekends, so we can find sometime that will work. I'll be near Barrie, at the base at Borden. We'd just be missing having Suse, too. Haven't "seen" her around for a while.

We'll definitely have to work something out. I think I'll be free most weekends, so we can find sometime that will work. I'll be near Barrie, at the base at Borden. We'd just be missing having Suse, too. Haven't "seen" her around for a while.
    I know the Borden base. My sister lived there for a couple of years. Her husband worked on base.
    The Guelph area might be 1/2 way between. (Maybe a little closer for you) Guelph is 2 1/2 hours from me.

I miss Suse too

Hey, no Image Verification!!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy