Page 253 of 412 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 253

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi WNC - nice to catch up again! I hear you about the darn assignments - I decided to work from home these last 2 days because there's a paper I have to get written by the end of next week. I swear I've been on twitter more often these 2 days that I did the whole summer! And my progress is, to put it kindly, minimal. I've gotta find that work ethic - it's around here somewhere!

19 March is my 49th birthday . . .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Well I won't forget your birthday! I probably won't be on MDA that day to wish you a happy birthday...I'll be freaking out because I won't have my assignments done

Procrastination: a voluntary delay of an intended action despite knowing that you're probably going to be worse off if you delay.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I'm having a good chuckle on the procrastination thing...yup, I'm the same.

Wednesday

Eat Move Learn, my new…theme, focus, (what’s the word??)

I’m tired of my usual template. Writing down what I eat is boring. I have that part figured out. I know what I “should” and “shouldn’t” eat. I know what “bothers” me. I might come back to it, or I might just post about it if I try something different. Or if I eat/drink something I “shouldn’t”.

I think I need to focus on MOVING and LEARNING (and maybe sleeping). I don’t move enough and my mind is FULL of learning right now. (and my sleeping times are "wrong" - whatever)

SO:

Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, and Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    There was no local school today, busses were cancelled because of freezing rain. I stayed in bed until 10:20. Then I had to bust my Wicked Wicked Bumper to get ready and out the door by 11 to drive into London to meet with an ESL teacher. Because the roads were still slushy, I drove 100km instead of my usual 120km and therefore arrived about 10 minutes late…(But I avoided making a stupid mistake). I talked with the teacher and then spent the afternoon helping ESL students in two different classrooms. I liked it. I realized as I was driving home that I “forgot” to eat today.

Tonight was spent reading my Twitter links and cleaning off the top of my desk and cleaning out the top 3 drawers. My desk has been so full of “stuff” that I haven’t used it in a couple of years!! I’ve been using the kitchen table. Last night I cleaned off a small portion of the desktop (a big enough space for my MacBook Pro) I liked working there. The chair is more comfortable (padded) and it just felt “right”. So I decided to make it usable.

All this is of course to help me “study” better. To help me work on my ESL AQ and not procrastinate

Ask me what I did for my ESL AQ today?????

I DID work on it, I went to a school and arranged tutoring time – a course requirement
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

This made me laugh:

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I don't write down what I eat either. I just write down whatever primal/getting healthy/semi-relevant thing pops into my mind. Helps keep me focused on my progress.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Thursday
    Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    After I drove my Daughter to band practice (@7am) I thought I’d stay up. I curled up on the couch, under a duvet, with my butterflies and dozed until 9. I might as well have gone back to bed.

I spent the day cleaning and watching TV – I watched Planet of the Apes (both versions) and Boy Meets Girl. I drank some wine and then got ready to go OUT for supper. We went to an “Irish” night meal at a local “club” Guinness (I tried it – blah) mini potato appetizers, potato soup, pork belly, mashed potatoes with cabbage, roasted carrots and turnip, Jamison’s whisky and CHEESECAKE! They had live music. It was $30/person well spent.

I didn't work on my ESL AQ today...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Hey Wine&Candy... I'm gonna call you Whinny cuz it's easier to say in my head.

Just stopped by to say Hi and check up on you. Wow that dinner is something amazing! I find myself jealous of your potatoey goodness and Whiskey delight. And cheesecake.

<3

Friday
    Use Your Brain, Move & Lift, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

I worked in London this afternoon. Then I went shopping and spent about the same amount I had just made
    I love shopping at Home Sense. Then at the grocery store I bought this cheese:

We ate some of it before I took the photo. It's called Le Tomme de Grosse-Île It was OK, the rind was a bit strong.

While I was at the LCBO (getting my wine) there was a “sample table” with food! I tried the zucchini appetizer and loved it. It was made at a store beside the LCBO. I went over and bought two Zucchini halves. This is the 2nd one, we ate the 1st before I could take a photo:

It was stuffed with feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes. In the oven at 300 for 15 minutes.

It is so mild out that my daffodils are up:

This is from the February Butterfly Beach Walk:

I did not work on my ESL AQ today.

I think I will join Jac in her new exercise program.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Hey Wine&Candy... I'm gonna call you Whinny cuz it's easier to say in my head.

Just stopped by to say Hi and check up on you. Wow that dinner is something amazing! I find myself jealous of your potatoey goodness and Whiskey delight. And cheesecake.

<3
    Hehehe

Hi right back! I see you finished your 1000 squat challenge. I think I'll try a similar challenge too. I'll post mine tomorrow.

The dinner was really nice. It was in a refinished old bank. There were 46 people for dinner. They have these "theme" dinners every two months. This was the first one we went to. (We missed Portuguese and Thai ) The next one is Mexican. We are NOT going to miss it!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy