Food

of my Farmer’s BAS
    Chai
    5 breakfast sausages, OJ
    Frozen blueberries and whipping cream

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    no

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11:45 – 6:50am, drove Daughter to band practice. Back in bed at 7:10 (‘cause that’s too early to get up) I easily fell back asleep (yes, even after being out and driving in the cold) I shut off the snooze at 9am, and finally woke up at 11:20.
    no sun, no play

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Well, my Dragon decided that today was “Let’s REALLY sleep in” day. 11:20? Seriously?
    I HAD all these things I was going to do this morning…
    I went to my Home Instruction Student’s from 1 to 3. When I got home, I read some of my Twitter links (computer, educational sources – I’m trying to not get “stale”), watched 3 training videos for the school board, and surfed the net. We went out to a community pancake dinner. I ate sausages and drank OJ. It was too late to go to Zumba! when we finished, so I just came home.
    I’ve been spending my evening on the web, and watching Glee (Wow! What an episode!) I should be working on my ESL AQ…
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    11:20!! Dear me - I can't even imagine sleeping that late!

Of course, you won't be tired till the wee small hours now and then won't wake up in the morning and the dragon will have won again...

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    11:20!! Dear me - I can't even imagine sleeping that late!

Of course, you won't be tired till the wee small hours now and then won't wake up in the morning and the dragon will have won again...

The weird thing is, I had been UP, outside, drove my car AND THEN climbed back in bed and fell fast asleep...

Surprisingly, I fell asleep fairly easily and got up at 8 this morning!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Wednesday
    Food

Chai
    Protein Shake
    Pork chops, roasted cauliflower, carrots and zucchini
    Gouda and rice crackers

No
    I think I need a challenge to change this…

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11:05 – 8:00, Vit D, trying to teach Josie to balance a toy on her nose

I got up at 8! (‘cause I knew I had to leave the house by 10:30 and I hoped I’d get some work done on my ESL AQ before I left - I didn’t) Somehow I managed to waste 2 hours this morning…

I drove into London to teach for the afternoon. Good classes. I went shopping for a stainless steel travel mug (with a screw on, sealable lid) I found a red one at $tarbucks.

I planned on working on my ESL after supper, but I’ve spent most of my evening reading mac and cbc twitter feeds…when I wasn’t teaching Josie to balance that toy. That’s SO hard for her, but she tries.

I missed a job on the automated supply teacher system, I hit the wrong button and it was cancelled instead of accepted , so tomorrow I will be driving my FIL to a Dr apt. in St Thomas in the morning. That means I’ll have to get up again.

If I HAVE to get up, I can, my problem is the days I DON’T have to get up…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Hun, I was SURE I posted an update last night...
    Luckily, I had a copy...
    (don't ask)

Thursday
    Food

Chai,
    leftover beef vegetable soup
    Hamburger soup with Gouda and a few rice crackers

Yes!! I walked with my Butterflies!!!

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11:10 – 7:00, no, Yes, played with my Butterflies at the beach – in FEBRUARY!!!!

I taught at the local school in the morning and then talked to a couple of teachers about my ESL course. It was beautiful after lunch so I took the Butterflies for a couple of walks. The first walk was in town where we practiced Lily walking on my Left and Josie walking on my right. Then we went to the lake and walked down the beach (with the Butterflies off leash).

We are supposed to get a BIG snow tonight. We’ll see.

I was going to start and finish one of my ESL assignments today…nada…and I have 4 assignments to do before Monday…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Well, the BIG snow didn't happen, there was a light dusting on the ground...

Friday
    Food

Chai
    Protein Shake
    Fresh raspberries
    Red Wine
    Chicken breast, green beans, sweet potato
    Frozen raspberries and whipping cream

Grapes and Gouda

no
    sigh…

Sleep, Sun & Play

11:20 – 6:00 – snooze till 6:15, then UP! Vit D drops, no play

I taught today. Comm Tech! Easy classes. After work I talked with College Son – he’s going back tomorrow morning and I’ve barely seen him He went camping Wednesday night with some friends. He’s off to the movies tonight with friends. He has to catch his plane tomorrow morning at 8:30 (about an hour and a half drive away).

I worked on my ESL AQ!! I did! I’ve almost got the first of 4 assignments done. They are due on Monday...
    Guess what I’m doing tomorrow...and Sunday...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Jees, the spammers are getting lazy, not even bothering to copy some intensely personal quote from people's journals anymore.

Your habit of leaving assignments to the very last minute reminds me of me.

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Hun, I was SURE I posted an update last night...
    Luckily, I had a copy...
    (don't ask)
    This forum is kind of... inconsistent... in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Jees, the spammers are getting lazy, not even bothering to copy some intensely personal quote from people's journals anymore.

Your habit of leaving assignments to the very last minute reminds me of me.

You'd think as a teacher and as a parent, I'd know better...

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvalab View Post
    This forum is kind of... inconsistent... in quality.
    There are times. I almost always write my posts on Word and then copy paste. I've lost too many partial posts (here and on other sites) to not do that.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I'm BACK!!!!!
    Next Due Date isn't until March 19!!!!
    Just WATCH me procrastinate

Some Highlights:
    Saturday
    We had to be up and out of the house by 6:30 to get College Son to the airport. We got home at 10:20. I started working on my ESL AQ assignments, but I kept being distracted by the internet…
    My girlfriend invited four of us over after supper for a Girl’s Night. So I tried extra hard to get something done in the afternoon My Farmer was at a friend’s house making pickled eggs for hunting this fall. They pickled 100 dozen eggs! He stayed there for supper. After supper I went to my friend’s house. We talked, drank (just a little, it wasn’t a “party” night) talked, laughed (until I had tears in my eyes) and then watched the latest Twilight movie (Breaking Dawn part 1) I was the only one who’d seen it. It was funny watching their faces in several parts of the movie I left there at midnight and stopped at the neighbours (where my Farmer was still drinking from pickling eggs in the afternoon). I gave him a ride home.

Sunday
    I felt like I’d spent the entire day in front of my computer or reading. You would think that at 47, I’d know better than to procrastinate…
    My parents came over at 11am. Dad had a book that he’d reserved on the library’s internet service that he didn’t know how to download onto his computer and his Kobo ereader. I showed him and then I showed him my Twitter account. The next thing I knew, I was creating one for him! I also updated some of his software. My mom thought I should start a business helping seniors with their computers…

The rest of my day was spent working on my ESL AQ assignments. I finally got the 2nd one done. Two more to do by Monday night's deadline…

Monday
    I stayed up late working on my ESL AQ assignments.
    We woke up to NO HEAT in the morning COLD!!! Luckily, there is a gas heater in the front room.

Somehow the other day I agreed to work another Bingo. Why can’t I say No? It was the last place I wanted to be with two assignments due that night! I took my textbook, cause I still had a chapter to read. I was able to read it during the downtime between Bingos (yes, I was there for two Bingos. 12 and 4pm) For lunch I ordered a western with no bread. The guy said “Would you like toast beside it?” ??????

I was supposed to go to band practice, but I had to finish my assignments…

Tuesday
    Last night, as I was posting my last assignment for the 3rd module of my ESL AQ, the website went down!! I tried for 2 hours to log on. I tried with my macbook, the ancient thinkpad, the netbook and the galaxy tab. Nadda. I sent an email to IT support. They got back to me this morning. The site would be back up by noon. It was, and I reposted my assignment.

Today felt wonderfully relaxed, because I have until March 19 before my next deadline!! Think I’ll learn anything from the past few days??? Probably not…

It was beautiful out this morning! 6C! I sat out on the deck with the Butterflies. It was warmer outside than inside!! The daffodils are up about an inch.

The repair guy fixed our furnace today!!!! We have heat again!!!!!!!

I went to my Home Instruction Student’s house at 1pm. At 1:30 my student said “i don't have it in me to work today” Grrrrrrrrrrr

The afternoon was spent playing on the web, cause my next due date isn’t until March 19! I figured after spending the last 4-5 days on my assignments, I deserved a day off

The other day I bought rice paper, so tonight we tried it. I got better at wrapping by the end of supper

ZUMBA! class after supper (I’d missed two classes and you could tell – I’d forgotten half the steps and she’d introduced two new songs. I felt lost.) Short tub soak after ZUMBA! and now I finally have time to update my MDA.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy