Two teaspoons of red pepper hummus
    of a small melted Brie with rice crackers
    a small handful of grapes

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    4 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
    12:10 – 7, drowsed in bed until 8:30 then got UP!! no, no

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I just don’t get it. When I made it a goal to wake up before 9, the Dragon appeared and made it impossible. Now that I’ve given up that goal, no Dragon and I’m getting up earlier

I went to my Home Instruction Student’s house at 10 and then met my Farmer at home at noon. It was the “Poor Boys Lunch” at a church in town. $7 for all you can eat soup, sandwiches and cake. I had two different kinds of hamburger soup (I avoided the chicken noodle and the bean soup. I also avoided the egg salad sandwiches AND the carrot cake!) The ladies were pushing the cake. I just said “No thank you.” One of them said “Wow, what great will power!”

A tiny little part of me wanted the homemade carrot cake, maybe I would have had a bite, but I didn't want to take a whole piece. I was surprised that the "want" wasn't very strong.

After lunch I took the Butterflies out for a short run around the larger, un-penned yard and then I tried to read a chapter from my textbook. I read half of it before I had to have a nap. Never try to read a textbook lying on the couch with Butterflies curled up on and beside you!

After supper my Farmer drove to the airport to pick up College Son (with MY car) I got the truck to get groceries and pick up my Daughter from work. Later, I drove to the train station to pick up University Son. When we got back College Son and my Farmer were home.
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-17-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: munchies
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Saturday
    Food

Chai
    3 egg frittata with red peppers and mushrooms
    $tarbucks Custom Chai Tea Latte Unsweetened Breve
    Red Wine
    Deep Fried Chicken Wantons, Stir Fry,
    Frozen raspberries and whipping cream
    Lindt 85% (the whole bar)

no

Sleep, Sun & Play
    12:00 – 9:15, Vit D, no

Slow morning, then into London to pick up Daughter’s new glasses. We went to the Running Room to check out the sizes for the Run for Retina shirts. I tried the "Custom Chai", meh, I'd rather just have the plain chai and add my own cream (for 1/2 the price) We got home about 5. Made supper. I ate the deep fried Wonton wrappers. And the chocolate. Call it a planned cheat…we’ll see how my stomach deals with it.

The evening will be spent surfing the net and maybe reading.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sunday
    Food

Chai (with 2 bags)
    Wendy’s Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
    Red wine
    Roast Beef, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, a small scoop of Stove Top Stuffing
    a banana, frozen raspberries and whipping cream
    a Lindt 85%

Packing and moving boxes (although I didn't move the heavy stuff )

Sleep, Sun & Play
    12:20, laid awake until after 1:30, up at 7:30 and out the door by 8:20

My Farmer and I drove to Toronto to help Eldest Son move to another apartment in Toronto with his new girlfriend. Two pick-up truck loads. It's very nice, one of the nicer places he's had. It has "character" It's not a cookie cutter apartment. It's the main floor in a house, with glass french doors and a small deck out the back patio door. It backs up to a park with an outdoor arena and a pool. We were finished at 2:30 and drove back home in time for supper.

I read some of my textbook on the way into and out of Toronto. I finished the chapter that put me to sleep the other day and started the next chapter.

Tomorrow is a holiday. Family Day.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Your son's new apartment sounds lovely. Is it his first time living with a girlfriend?

I'm back into textbooks too, you'd think I would have had enough, but no... I signed up to start my Masters straight away! We must be gluttons for punishment.

Thanks. Nope, not the 1st time (or the 2nd time)
    He's kinda messy and he scares them away
    He says he's gonna change for this one...

Yeah, why do we do this to ourselves???
    (I haven't worked on my course at all today)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Monday
    Food

Chai
    Bacon & Avocado “salad”
    Lindt 85%
    Beef vegetable soup
    Frozen raspberries, blueberries and whipping cream

no

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11:40 - 10:30, no, a little Butterfly play this afternoon

Lovely sleep-in, but my back was sore when I finally got out of bed. Today wasn't very exciting, just internet surfing and laundry.

Except for the Butterfly Rocket.

After lunch I took the Butterflies out of the pen for a little walk around the yard. Lily startled a cat out of the pine trees and Josie was off like a rocket chasing the cat across the lawn, across the field and down the road!! I called Lily, but of course she didn't come out of the trees (too busy hunting mice) so I stopped at the house, called University Son and Daughter out to get Lily and I took off down the road, calling Josie. I got halfway down the field when I saw her at the fence-row. I called her loudly with an excited voice and she came flying towards me. I thanked her for coming “Here”, but them told her that her walk was DONE because she left the yard. I put her in the pen, Lily was in the pen by then and I gave Lily treats because SHE stayed in the yard. I went into the house. I thought about it and then I came back out and took Lily out of the pen again. SHE had stayed in the yard, there was no reason her walk had to end early. Josie didn't like being left in the pen. Too bad. We walked for a while and then came back inside the pen.

College Son drove University Son to the train station after supper. He's on a co-op term, so he had to go back to work, no reading week for him.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I bought a new tea the other day. I thought I'd try it tonight.
    Moroccan-style mint green tea
    I take a sip.
    It's sweet
    I read the ingredients: Chinese green tea, spearmint leaves, peppermint leaves, Stevia.

Stevia??

Who sweetens their mint tea
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

olehcat is offline Senior Member
    Ick! I hate sweetened tea. What a shame! I love the idea of mint tea just pure and fresh!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    AAAAHHH!

[stomps on spammers]
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

PrimalCon New York
    Thank you Ottercat!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy