Page 248 of 415 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 248

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I realized something about tea today. My “taste” has changed. My friends used to say I “scared” the tea bag with the hot water. My tea was SO weak I could see the bottom of the cup. And I always drank it plain, no sugar, no milk. NOW, it’s never strong enough. I leave the tea bag IN! Still no sugar, but I add whipping cream
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Awwww, what's an indoor dog walking group? Is that like mall walking for teeny dogs? Was it totally adorable?
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

It's an informal group that gathers for "socialization" during the winter months. Yesterday there were 3 large dogs - a Rottie, a Doberman and a Golden, and 4 small dogs - a Jack puppy, an older Jack, a mixed breed, and my Butterfly.

It's held in a community centre arena (no ice - it was built as a natural ice pad, but never frozen) $2 per dog (for rent).

Lily was, of course, adorable Lily wasn't sure she liked the jumpy energetic Jack puppy. She danced nervously up to the larger dogs to say "Hi" and would dance away again if they got too close to her The Rottie's paw was the size of her head!

I made sure to carefully watch the larger dogs and not let them get too close to her, an accidental "pat" with a large paw could break her bones! We walked and ran around inside the arena for almost an hour.

Next week I may attempt to take BOTH at once
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thursday
    Food

Chai with CHOCOLATE
    Shredded coconut
    A new tea: Hibiscus Rosehip, it smelled SO good!!!
    Protein Shake
    Chili, cucumber slices, red pepper slices, cabbage salad
    Frozen blueberries and whipping cream, Lindt 70% squares and 8 macadamia nuts

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Nope

Sleep, Sun & Play

2:10, awake for a while… – 6:30, Vit D drops, no

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

My Dragon REALLY enjoyed the e-book we were reading last night. It was "His Majesty's Dragon" by Naomi Novik. We HAD to finish it before we could go to bed. Of course I lay awake for a while before I finally fell asleep.

AND

Of course, the phone rang for a job at 6:30 this morning Dead tired, mild headache…but I accepted the job and rushed and got out the door in a half hour. On the way there I started to get a “pre migraine aura” (I saw spots on my left side).

Great.

I haven’t had one of those in forever. The aura disappeared by the time I got to the school (about 45 mins later) I arrived at the school, told them my job # and who I was there for. The secretaries looked at each other and sent me into the VP’s office. I repeated the info, she said “Did I call you?” I said, “No, the automated system called.” Long story short, the teacher wasn’t supposed to enter the job, the VP makes the calls and she’d called someone else in for the job and I had nothing…

She “gave” me a job for next week and as we were talking about my qualifications, the ESL teacher walked by and the VP introduced us. She offered to talk with me during second period, so I waited around for 75 minutes. While I waited, reading some articles for my ESL AQ, the left side of my face and my left hand went numb.

Awesome.

By the time I met with the ESL teacher, the numbness had gone away too. We had a good talk, I learned some things and gave her some website resources I had. We are going to meet with a student next week when I go back.

My headache was mild, so I picked up a few things at the bulkfood store and then bought a really nice bright pink, teal, yellow and purple silky (ok polyester) scarf and some pink boot shapers for my tall leather boots. It was noon, so I decided to go home.

I tried to work on my ESL AQ, but I didn’t get much accomplished this afternoon. I was questioning the school's response, so I called the union office to ask them. Turns out the school has to pay me a half day because I showed up with a job #. So I called the school and they gave it to me. Yes!

My hair was feeling really dry, so I have a “Curly Girl” leave in treatment in it. I’ll wash it out at 10 and then go to bed.

Today sucked.
    I still have my headache.
    But at least it didn't turn into a full blown migraine.
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-09-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: fixed my typo - earned to learned :) Thanks gottaluvalab!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post

By the time I met with the ESL teacher, the numbness had gone away too. We had a good talk, I earned some things and gave her some website resources I had. We are going to meet with a student next week when I go back.

I bet your Freudian-like slip will come true, and although today feels like it sucked, it didn't actually suck. Just a hunch.

Hahaha!

Thanks
    I hope so.

My L key sometimes sticks
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I
    Want
    CHOCOLATE!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I
    Want
    CHOCOLATE!
    Is this a...

"hang in there! you can do it! be strong!" moment,

or a

"Well, darn it, 20 percent was MADE for chocolate" moment.

?????????

Quote Originally Posted by mmggoleaaa01 View Post
    Well, I'm trying to figure out how to make my macbook pro recognize my new iphone4 photos...

And you just need to eat chocolate, until the rage subsides...

(at least I would be feeling rage... homicidal chocolate-craving rage...)

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nothing wrong with a bit of chocolate . Of course, there's a bit, and then there's a BIT. What's it gonna be??