Page 246 of 415 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 246

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I can’t believe that someone could get to grade 12 and NOT know this…
    I once taught an eighth grader who upon being presented with 2 x 3 said, "Let me get my calculator."

She'd always been allowed to use it, and therefore had never memorized her times tables. Not even the lousy 2s.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    wow
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member

Thursday
    Food

Chai
    Beef vegetable soup
    Blueberries & 2 squares of Lindt 85%
    Virgin NorCal
    Peameal bacon, scrambled eggs, fried onions, mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper, shredded carrot
    Blueberries, frozen raspberries with whipping cream, 2 more squares of Lindt

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nope

Sleep, Sun & Play
    12:30 – 8:10, no, no
    I kept thinking, as I was marking (and wasting time on-line) "I should go to bed now" and the Dragon kept whispering "Just one more page" "Just one more site." Damn Dragon. Of course, SHE didn't want to get UP in the morning...

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Stupid mistakes:
    Listening to my Dragon last night
    Making a 9:30 eye apt. for my Daughter this morning (what was I thinking when I made it???)

She needs/wants new glasses. They’ve changed “enough” to justify new lenses (last pair was in 2009) Of course we didn’t find any she loved at the Dr.s office. This reminds me that I really should get my eyes checked; I think the last time was…maybe in 2004???

I took her back home and then went to the local school to talk to the teachers about my Home Instruction Student. I spoke to the Math dept. head, and she decided that my student didn’t need to do ALL of the rest of the semester’s work. She picked out 4 pages and then circled about half of the exam questions and said the student could write the exam today, finish the 4 pages and be done! (I thought we had MONTHS of work left to do. Happy dance!!!)

After lunch I went to my Home Instruction Student’s house and my student did the happy dance too! The exam was written, and I handed it into the math dept. head. Tomorrow morning we are finishing the math!!! I’m SO excited! (I hate math)

Tonight I had an hour-long on-line chat for my ESL AQ. It was good. I'm half way through this weeks assignments.

I still need to mark an essay and 2 papers for my HIS for tomorrow...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Friday
    Food

Chai
    Peameal bacon
    “Mall” Greek salad with chicken
    $tarbucks Chai (unsweetened! With 18% cream – the highest they had)

then…in the evening, when the Dragon was hungry…
    frozen raspberries with whipping cream
    Lindt 85%
    2 peperoni sticks (from my uncle’s Texas Longhorns)
    5 olives
    a small handful of ripple chips
    another peperoni
    more Lindt
    more chips…

Does shopping count??
    No?
    Then 5 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11: 20 – 9:00, no, no – unless shopping counts?

I met my Home Instruction Student at 10. We did budgets and then tried to understand the Annuities formula, but we kept getting wrong answers I stopped at the school at noon and talked to the math dept. head, turns out we were given the wrong answers and we were doing it right!! Monday we shall finish math!

After lunch I went into London with my daughter. She wanted new glasses. We walked into one store, the salesman asked her a few questions, walked to a drawer and pulled out a pair. My Daughter tried them on and LOVED them!!! This freaked us out because that NEVER happens!! Of course, she had to try on a few more, but she didn’t find any she liked as much. Then the salesman pulled out a pair of sunglasses and she put them on and her face lit up! We said we had to think about it. We walked into the next store and looked at their glasses. My daughter found a close 2nd fav pair and got a price quote. We walked back to the 1st store and asked for his quote. She listened and thought about it and decided on the original pair (plus “free” sunglasses – for only $100 more that the 2nd fav quote) Of course the salesman was a darling, he was good and he had so much energy. After we bought her glasses I asked him to see if he could find me a pair. He asked a few questions, walked to a drawer and pulled out these:

What do you think???
    (I haven’t bought them, I haven’t even gotten my eyes checked yet) The salesman thought they went well with my eyebrows and my jawline...I don't like this photo (the glasses are sitting crooked, the colour's off - the scarf is teal!, my neck looks fat AND my teeth look yellow ) - but here it is...

(My daughter made me laugh when she took this photo)

We shopped some more, and then I dropped my Daughter off at a birthday party two towns away from home. I came home, tried to do some on-line ESL AQ homework, but the Dragon woke up and was STARVING!!! I tried, but I wasn’t very good at convincing her that we weren’t hungry…EPIC FAIL!!

I had to stay up to pick up my Daughter from the party. Bed at 2. (I was supposed to get her at 12:30, but I was reading and lost track of the time. Then by the time I drove there and back and got ready for bed…)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I think the glasses look great - the shape is very flattering and they're Prada for goodness sake dahling!!

Oh and don't be so hard on yourself! I like that photo - you look great!

Thanks

We are our own worst critics.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Saturday
    Food

Chai
    Peameal bacon
    Red Wine
    Hamburger soup with carrots, potato, mixed veggies, tomato, onion, sweet potato
    Frozen raspberries and whipping cream
    2 After Eight mints

a half hour walk with my Butterflies

Sleep, Sun & Play
    2am – 10am, no, no

Daughter had to work at 11, so I tamed my wild Dragon mussed hair, gathered the Butterfly harnesses and leashes and took them with me to town. We walked around town for about a half hour. I spent most of this walk teaching Lily to stay on my left and Josie to stay on my right (otherwise we have majorly tangled leashes)

The afternoon was spent drinking wine while working on my ESL AQ. I handed in the 3rd assignment. One more due by Monday, and then the next module begins.

Tonight, I’m getting caught up on the 15 webpages I have open and trying to map out how I’d like a classroom website to flow. I want to make one in case a teaching position becomes available in June. Then I can show it during the interview.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Question:
    What on-line sources do you use to post your photos?

I used to use my Flickr Pro account, then I decided that if I wanted to refer anyone there I didn't want them to see my food/progress/weird MDA photos.
    So I created an 2nd Flickr account just for MDA, because I don't have the patience to wait for moderator approval to use MDA's photo albums. (Although they are nice because only people who are signed in can see the photos)
    Anyway, I am always logged onto the wrong Flickr account. It is annoying to have to log out and back in again all the time.
    I thought I'd maybe use an alternative (free) photo site for my MDA pics.
    Any ideas??
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I use photobucket.