Page 245 of 415 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 245

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    I'm glad college son is okay. My boyfriend hurt his shoulder in November (I jumped on him...he kicked me off the bed!), kept using it too much, and had to get surgery to fix a tear. Now he's probably torn it again from slipping on the stairs and catching himself with his recently repaired shoulder (2 weeks ago). If your son isn't okay in two weeks, tell him to get his ass to the doctor!!!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvalab View Post
    You have a dragon, too?

I need dragon management classes, I think, as I have an impossible time ignoring her.
    Hehehe
    Sometimes Dragons are very hard to ignore

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm glad college son is okay. My boyfriend hurt his shoulder in November (I jumped on him...he kicked me off the bed!), kept using it too much, and had to get surgery to fix a tear. Now he's probably torn it again from slipping on the stairs and catching himself with his recently repaired shoulder (2 weeks ago). If your son isn't okay in two weeks, tell him to get his ass to the doctor!!!
    Oh, no I hope he hasn't re-torn it!

College Son was sore this morning. He's gone to the pharmacy to get his prescription filled. Naproxen and App-cyclonenzaprine.
    The class went Snowboarding with a camping sleepover today. He stayed home.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Dragon. That's a good one. I've had The Beast living in my stomach for a long time, but I killed it when I started this diet. I think the Dragon in my head is starting to die, too.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Wednesday
    Food

Chai with whipping cream
    Protein Shake
    Texas Longhorn steak, sweet potato, green beans, fried zucchini
    Frozen raspberries with whipping cream

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Yes, I did!
    45 minutes of walking/running/skipping
    Zumba!

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11: 20 – 8:20 (after multiple snooze hits) Vit D drops, Zumba! play

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    After my walk/run/skip, and my shower, I worked on my on-line course. I handed in my 1st ESL AQ assignment. We have four things to do before Feb 6, and three people have already done all of them!!! The class started yesterday!!!! WTF

I went to my Home Instruction Student’s place this afternoon.

Zumba! was after supper, followed by raspberries and cream, Glee and now I might have a soak in the tub.

I feel “mouth hungry”
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Well
    Mouth hunger won.

Two After Eight mints
    Nope, not "right"
    a 1/2 cup of microwave popcorn (my Farmer made some, gave me a cereal bowl full! I transferred a 1/2 cup into a tiny glass bowl)
    Nope
    a chunk of leftover steak
    Nope
    I gave up and had a bath.

I wanted cheese. A lovely melted Brie, or a smokey Gouda, or a sharp Cheddar, but all we had was "plastic" cheese (Kraft slices)
    Yuck!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hi!! its me!!! trying to catch up on your journal. It's been sooooo long since i've read anybody's... sorry to hear about son's shoulder, you know I reckon snowboarding is just downright dangerous.

my dragon tells me to drink wine. I wish my dragon would join AA

What did you think of zumba. I've got a friend who is an instructor (in another town) and man, she is looking super hot. she has really burnt off her fat. I said to her the other day, has your hubby had a vasectomy yet cause you're gonna end up in trouble again (2 surprise pregnancies already)

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    Oh your rec center walk made me laugh... they should pay YOU to come shake things up!!

Sorry about the snowboard aerialist... there's one of those in every family, huh? Might as well lay in a medicinal supply of chocolate chips! It probably beats a$$ over any other crap you might be given for these moments of maternal anxiety...

And it sounds like you are enjoying zumba. I'm glad. Yesterday I danced with a woman who was at her very first class... so fun... she was positively giddy at the end because she couldn't believe how fun it was!

Good work! xoL

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    hi!! its me!!! trying to catch up on your journal. It's been sooooo long since i've read anybody's...
    Suse!!!! You're back!!!!

sorry to hear about son's shoulder, you know I reckon snowboarding is just downright dangerous.
    Yup, especially when you are a 20 year old male...

my dragon tells me to drink wine. I wish my dragon would join AA
    Hehehe

What did you think of zumba.
    I really like it! I'm not very good at it, but I laugh a lot while I'm there, and it gets me out of the house
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by primal4fifty View Post
    Oh your rec center walk made me laugh... they should pay YOU to come shake things up!!
    Glad you enjoyed reading it

Sorry about the snowboard aerialist... there's one of those in every family, huh? Might as well lay in a medicinal supply of chocolate chips! It probably beats a$$ over any other crap you might be given for these moments of maternal anxiety...
    Yup, chocolate helps, but I think it should be a medicinal supply of Lindt...not chocolate chips

And it sounds like you are enjoying zumba. I'm glad. Yesterday I danced with a woman who was at her very first class... so fun... she was positively giddy at the end because she couldn't believe how fun it was!
    It IS fun! Especially when you relax and don't try to get all serious. It's much healthier to laugh at your mistakes
    Our instructor just got back from a weekend in NY with the guy who "invented" Zumba! She learned about Gold Zumba, a version for seniors and people with limited mobility. There is even an armchair version of Zumba!

My class is only 8 weeks long
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Wednesday
    Food

Chai with whipping cream
    2 fried eggs
    Chai with whipping cream (I think it’s safe to assume from now on that if I have a Chai it has whipping cream in it)
    Texas Longhorn Beef vegetable soup (the soup bones spent 48 hours in my crockpot)
    Frozen raspberries with whipping cream, one After Eight mint (they are almost gone – Christmas)

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Nope, but I had DOMS, I could feel it when I walked

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11: 30pm – 10:00am, no, yes – I played with Josie at an indoor dog walking group tonight

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Well, the Dragon and the Butterflies helped me sleep in I didn’t accomplish a lot this morning, I “cleaned up” the soup stock (took out all the yucky bits) and added carrots, garlic and onion. Then I had to meet my Home Instruction Student at 12.

We read Act III of the Tempest and when we got to Scene iii and Gonzalo’s opening line: “By’r Lakin, I can go no further sir!” I stopped to translate – By’r Lakin means “by our little lady” (the Virgin Mary). My Student asked me “Who is that? Who is the Virgin Mary? I’ve heard her referenced before but I don't know who she is.” I was dumbfounded. I think my brain imploded. I said “Whoa, you just blew my mind. Really?”

Really.

So I (very carefully) explained the “Christmas Story” making sure that I was giving a “cultural history lesson” and not a religious rant. I said that it was important to be able to understand references and I even mentioned stories of Zeus and other “gods” (You can’t be too careful, the last thing I need is an irate parent on me)

I can’t believe that someone could get to grade 12 and NOT know this…

Anyway.

My Farmer and I drove to another town for an appointment with the person that handles out investments. We signed a bajillon papers and moved some money around, withdrew some RESP money and invested some more.

After supper I took Josie to an indoor dog walking group. It was from 7-8pm, but Josie had had enough by 7:30 so we left. There were about 7 dogs there, some big and some small. I was very careful with Josie – she doesn’t like strange people or dogs – I didn’t let anyone near her. How did I know when Josie had had enough? I watched her body language. When she started stopping, looking up at me, yawning (yawning is a stress signal in dogs), and putting her paws on me I said “Lets go.”

Tonight I have a stack of English papers to mark for my one student…Marks are due Friday. I also should do some of my on-line ESL AQ.
    Last edited by winencandy; 02-01-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: removed reference to student gender for privacy issues
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy