A small handful of chocolate chips
    Sausage fried with onions, peppers and tomatoes
    Frozen raspberries, ½ banana and whipping cream

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    6 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11: 20 – 9:300, UP at 10:00, no, Band practice

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I used my brain today It was the 1st day of my on-line ESL AQ (that’s English as a Second Language Additional Qualification) I spent some time exploring the on-line website and started my 1st assignment. I also Downloaded Gay Panda’s ebook from Smashwords and another ebook from the library. I also figured out how to sync some content form my Macbook to the Galaxy Tab using Dropbox

I spent ALOT of time on my macbook.

I LOVE Hyperbole and a Half

Before supper my Farmer brought home 279 lbs of Texas Longhorn beef!!! (from my uncle) It's the last we'll get from him, he sold his farm and is moving away

After supper I had band practice. I took the Galaxy Tab and showed everyone my 1st cartoon character for one of our pieces. I think they liked it.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    College Son just sent me a message "I injured my shoulder and will be in a sling for 2 weeks"

I'm trying to reach him, but he's not answering me.

winencandy digs out the chocolate chips...

Update:
    I called College Son. He was doing a backflip on his snowboard. Landed wrong. 4 hours in emerg. Nothing broke or pulled.

The chocolate chips are gone.
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-30-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: update
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    College Son just sent me a message "I injured my shoulder and will be in a sling for 2 weeks"

I'm trying to reach him, but he's not answering me.

winencandy digs out the chocolate chips...

Update:
    I called College Son. He was doing a backflip on his snowboard. Landed wrong. 4 hours in emerg. Nothing broke or pulled.

The chocolate chips are gone.
    Wow, not good, but he's okay. Backflip?? Just what I need to hear when my kid is leaving for Banff to snowboard tomorrow

I'm sure the chocolate chips were needed. And they're gone, so that's that

Yeah, evidently he's done them before. Just landed wrong this time. It's sore.

Sorry Yeah, you don't want to be worrying about that right now. He'll be fine.
    (But I think the slopes are bigger in Banff )

Yup, all gone. But I want something...maybe I'll have a Natural Calm and try to go to sleep.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Oh, I forgot, I put 2 packages of soup bones in the crockpot this afternoon (about 5 pieces) They've been simmering away all evening. Do I leave them on "keep warm" overnight or put them in the fridge???
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I keep the slow cooker going for 48 hours or more. Just keep turning it back on once it goes off after the set # of hours. Don't forget to add some ACV or even regular vinegar to help pull more of minerals out of the bones. I use maybe 1/4 cup (don't measure, just a good pour). If I add any veg (onion/carrot/celery/herbs) I don't add these until the last 6-12 hours, as they turn to mush if in there for 2 or 3 days.

Thanks!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Guess who's UP, fixed her hair, got dressed and is heading out the door to go walk at the community rec centre with the Seniors???
    Yup! Are you surprised? I am

They'll probably lap me...

RANT
    Why, oh why can't I wake up with beautiful hair in the morning???
    I have hair that looks like a rat (or a Butterfly or a Dragon) played in it all night long
    /RANT
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I’m back!

I think the little old ladies (and the 3 men) thought I was crazy

I show up (15 minutes late) wearing a lime green Under Armour tank top, black yoga pants and red and grey Merrel Pace Gloves, sipping a Chai (in a lime green cup) with a yellow Jamaica beach bag

I walked two laps, ran two laps (sprinting the last ¼) and repeated that for 20 minutes. Then I walked. Randomly the group of ladies would cut diagonally lengthwise across the arena floor and switch direction, just to confuse me

I got bored walking. The floor is painted with shuffleboard patterns. I started playing hopscotch every time I crossed one (4 times in a lap). My one heel started to get sore so I took off my Merrels and socks and went barefoot!! I ran a few barefoot laps, I walked, I sprinted and I even skipped a lap

It was supposed to go from 9-10:30, but everyone left at 10. I figured I’d had enough by then (for my 1st time) so I did two full length sprints and then quit too.

Oh, occasionally my Dragon would whisper in my ear "We should still be in BED!"

I ignored her
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    You have a dragon, too?

I need dragon management classes, I think, as I have an impossible time ignoring her.